Weed, California Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya'll are actually talking about U2 in here?

Am I in the right place????

Yeah, it's a bit worrisome, isn't it? We're actually on topic for a change.

Well, I suppose we'd have to be talking about Pop to truly be on topic, but it's close enough.

Really, it'll be on your DI5? :drool: *takes note of this*

You would be surprised. Daddy's Gonna Pay surprised me following Zooropa; all the clatter at the end of the latter flows brilliantly into the former. It's a similar effect with United Colours. The first four tracks are really hypnotic and numbing together...the album actually gets more enjoyable as it goes, which is the way I like it.

OK, you've convinced me to give this a try. My alternate JT is just finishing now, so I'll put it on.

Well, that track listing is certainly superior, but I'm not sold on it flow*ing properly. MDH and ATYCLB largely doesn't mix, I find.

*WTF?????

You will be very surprised at how well it transitions from the first to second half. "Kite" and "When I Look at the World" really help with that immensely.

Haha, it's no problem at all. It's easy to make those kinds of assumptions anyway - you probably hadn't seen me post about my lady friend before either.
I don't think I have, no... but that still might not have meant you were a bloke. :wink:

The second half was tweaked around a bit after I took out "Trip" and "Sweetest Thing."
Righto... I've changed it to the second one, except I left Trip in cos I like it...

*plays*

I don't think I have, no... but that still might not have meant you were a bloke. :wink:

Righto... I've changed it to the second one, except I left Trip in cos I like it...

*plays*

Haha, good point.

Cool beans, hope you enjoy.

You're one step away from animated gif territory.

onozomg.gif

Statless wis fucking awesome.

I still ahven't been able to find the Million D9ollar Hotel Soundtrak anywhere.

Not een rythmn records

I ordered the MDH soundtrack from Amazon myself.

Listened to it just once.

Man, I'm geting annoying. Last ber, hopefully I;k be bale to trype comphervinsivly beiwjnt the net few ahopurs

Don't forget to drink water!

And I have no idea if that was Andy Warhol reading Drunk Chicken... I thought it was someone else, but I can't think who. Not the band... I don't think Bono's American accent is that convincing :wink:
(Edge's certainly isn't, judging from the Daltons thing!)

Axver's JT sounds pretty solid to me. I'm not entirely sold on the Spanish Eyes--->In God's Country--->Bullet The Blue Sky section, but everything else sounds smooth.

Fuck. I seem to be albe to taype that out correctly. whew. budu holly plYING on my itunes.. spmehow being drunk and kosten to budujdy hooly seem s very very werong.

Last week, I apparently found both Dream Theater and Crowded House are good music for drunken times.

Yeah, it's a bit worrisome, isn't it? We're actually on topic for a change.

Well, I suppose we'd have to be talking about Pop to truly be on topic, but it's close enough.

But we're talking about U2 in an off-topic forum, which makes it off-topic for OOC...

I jear d statless from a youtube veido and it lblew my mind. Miilion dollar hotel I tik I'll have toget off a,mazpm/ Uusllaly you can trust ruthhm t have the kind of werird u2 sltuff that you can't fund inder normal conditions bt I asked and athey didn't hjageve ikt.

Okay.
Tjat's enloghj

I', making no sense at all.

Axver's JT sounds pretty solid to me. I'm not entirely sold on the Spanish Eyes--->In God's Country--->Bullet The Blue Sky section, but everything else sounds smooth.

Spanish Eyes --> IGC --> Bullet exists for two reasons:
1. IGC was out of place anywhere else.
2. WOWY --> Bullet is an absolute shocker.

I figure you can go Spanish Eyes --> IGC because they're both uptempo songs that don't sound ridiculous back-to-back, and then IGC and Bullet share lyrical themes. It eases the listener into the political second half.

That said, if it were vinyl, the side split would be between IGC and Bullet.

And re: your Zooropa, Zooropa --> Daddy's Gonna Pay is an inspired pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom