Weed, California Superthread - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-12-2008, 12:21 PM   #301
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Pearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,653
Local Time: 03:30 PM
It sucks going alone, but I'm glad I did get to see U2. I would've missed out on so much if I hadn't gone and would be having regrets these days.
__________________

__________________
Pearl is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 12:23 PM   #302
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,010
Local Time: 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
Makes you feel any better, I saw U2 twice on their Vertigo Tour alone too. I couldn't find anyone who was willing to spend a good portion of their paycheck on a ticket.
I did two Vertigo shows alone too. Melbourne I, because I couldn't get to Melbourne until late (I still lived in Brisbane then), and Auckland II because those I knew going had seats and I was doing GA. Luckily, at Auckland II, I met this cool guy from Chicago while in the queue, then Interference's miracledrug83 found me not long before the show began.

I'm going to see Opeth by myself in early September. It's my first death metal concert and I must admit I'm a bit nervous, being the legally blind guy and all.
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 12:27 PM   #303
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,010
Local Time: 06:30 AM
Hey Traviud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
A majority of my posts are from PLEBA. But I do occasionally venture out of that corner of Interference! My post count is rather low for the time I've been here since I still don't post very often. But I have the feeling that will be changing as I am becoming quite addicted to the blue crack!

I wouldn't go to a concert alone. I'd be too paranoid with my tiny self to go to one alone!
I initially just stuck to EYKIW and the Tour forums. I then began branching out a bit to B&C and FYM. The Superthreads remain my sole OOC activity. Though Khan can apparently access stats that say the only forums I've never posted in even once are Mr Pussy's and Dream Out Loud. Can't say I'm too surprised at your comparatively low post count though, since you're on dial-up!

Yeah, I'm always a little worried about going to gigs alone - I'm pretty shy, I'm nerdy, etc. But I figure I'll regret not going more. Damn glad I went to Explosions In The Sky by myself back in February; I was literally leaning on the stage in a small club and it's one of the best shows I've ever seen.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 12:28 PM   #304
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 05:00 AM
Good luck with that, Ax.

In anticipation of Opeth playing Adelaide, someone graffitied "Opeth" on the side of a wall near Henley Beach road. That's the best sort of graffiti.
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 12:32 PM   #305
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,010
Local Time: 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Good luck with that, Ax.

In anticipation of Opeth playing Adelaide, someone graffitied "Opeth" on the side of a wall near Henley Beach road. That's the best sort of graffiti.
Fuckin' metal! I think the best graffiti I've ever seen was on upper Lygon Street: "SYD BARRETT R.I.P." And there's "IAN CURTIS - WALK IN SILENCE" in Wellington, though I've never seen it myself. Apparently it's periodically vandalised to read "IAN CURTIS - WANK IN SILENCE".
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 12:33 PM   #306
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Hey Traviud!



I initially just stuck to EYKIW and the Tour forums. I then began branching out a bit to B&C and FYM. The Superthreads remain my sole OOC activity. Though Khan can apparently access stats that say the only forums I've never posted in even once are Mr Pussy's and Dream Out Loud. Can't say I'm too surprised at your comparatively low post count though, since you're on dial-up!

Yeah, I'm always a little worried about going to gigs alone - I'm pretty shy, I'm nerdy, etc. But I figure I'll regret not going more. Damn glad I went to Explosions In The Sky by myself back in February; I was literally leaning on the stage in a small club and it's one of the best shows I've ever seen.
Yeah, since I only stuck there at first, it was too hard for me to get many posts because a majority of those threads have tons of pictures (or big pictures) which kills my dial up. Unless I disable them. But then it takes just as long to see what's been posted and what hasn't by clicking all those links. In places like this, it's not as bad so I can post more and more quickly without having to wait for pics to load.
My town really needs to get with the program! The part of town I am in, there is no wireless signal of any sort and no high speed DSL, so the only option is broadband and there's not even many choices for that! So I just take what I can get with dial up and be happy that I even got a connection.

I'm shy and I'm very short. (5'1" or thereabout.) So I am rather afraid that I would get crushed or something like that! But you are right, I may suck it up and go by myself if it's for U2! Or I'll just get my friend (who happens to be like, 6'4") to go with me.
__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 12:39 PM   #307
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Pearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,653
Local Time: 03:30 PM
OK everyone, I'm done for the day. I gotta leave early to pick up a friend at Penn Station.
See you here tomorrow!
__________________
Pearl is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 12:39 PM   #308
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Fuckin' metal! I think the best graffiti I've ever seen was on upper Lygon Street: "SYD BARRETT R.I.P." And there's "IAN CURTIS - WALK IN SILENCE" in Wellington, though I've never seen it myself. Apparently it's periodically vandalised to read "IAN CURTIS - WANK IN SILENCE".
I've heard of the Ian Curtis graffiti there, how apparently it's stayed there for ages and worked over a lot and such. Kind of neat, in a lame way.

The best graffiti I've ever seen is "Porno", which is written all over South Plympton. Sometimes it's written as "Pornoe", too. Yes, indeed this is the peak of street art. There is another series, "Playaz", which is sort of funny alone, but the fact that it's written on the sign of a Kindergarten makes it hilarious.

Oh, and of course there was "CUNT" written down a stobey pole in Marion recently, that was fantastic.
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 12:41 PM   #309
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,789
Local Time: 11:30 AM
Not to pick on Andrew, but in the recently locked "VLV vs. new U2 album (lol)" thread he said that Viva La Vida is a better album than Achtung Baby.

To me, that's unforgivable, and right up there with giving Abbey Road a 1.5.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 07-12-2008, 12:43 PM   #310
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,010
Local Time: 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Yeah, since I only stuck there at first, it was too hard for me to get many posts because a majority of those threads have tons of pictures (or big pictures) which kills my dial up. Unless I disable them. But then it takes just as long to see what's been posted and what hasn't by clicking all those links. In places like this, it's not as bad so I can post more and more quickly without having to wait for pics to load.
My town really needs to get with the program! The part of town I am in, there is no wireless signal of any sort and no high speed DSL, so the only option is broadband and there's not even many choices for that! So I just take what I can get with dial up and be happy that I even got a connection.

I'm shy and I'm very short. (5'1" or thereabout.) So I am rather afraid that I would get crushed or something like that! But you are right, I may suck it up and go by myself if it's for U2! Or I'll just get my friend (who happens to be like, 6'4") to go with me.
See, those sort of issues wouldn't arise if you were obsessed with setlists or something non-image intensive. My first few months on Interference were on dialup ... ah, back in the day when I was an over-eager new fan rather than the somewhat jaded setlistorian. Memories.

Wow, it surprises me how limited your options are for Internet there! I mean, I'd expect that in some far-flung parts of Australia (when I lived on the outer edge of the Gold Coast, it was dial-up, DSL, or pay ~$20,000 for cable to be installed to the suburb!). Not Ohio! Or Ohioi.

I'm not the tallest person, at 5'6-7" or so, but I hope it's enough to not totally get lost in a crowd. And when my hair gets long, it adds about an inch to my height! I was glad I at least managed to persuade Ali to come with me to the Porcupine Tree gig. And my mother, of all people, came with me to the Brisbane PT gig. I saw all three Aussie PT gigs because I'm insane like that ...
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 12:45 PM   #311
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Not to pick on Andrew, but in the recently locked "VLV vs. new U2 album (lol)" thread he said that Viva La Vida is a better album than Achtung Baby.

To me, that's unforgivable, and right up there with giving Abbey Road a 1.5.
Technically he also said it was better than Zooropa, so that rubbed me the wrong way, too. But then I saw mofo82's posts and knew that there were more worthwhile things for me to get quietly shitty about. It's one thing to have opinions, it's another thing entirely to be a complete fucko.
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 12:45 PM   #312
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,010
Local Time: 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
OK everyone, I'm done for the day. I gotta leave early to pick up a friend at Penn Station.
See you here tomorrow!
Have a good one and see you then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
To me, that's unforgivable, and right up there with giving Abbey Road a 1.5.
You won't let me forget that, will you? But I stand by it entirely, and I'd like to think I've adequately substantiated why I think it only deserves 1.5.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 12:47 PM   #313
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,789
Local Time: 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
You won't let me forget that, will you? But I stand by it entirely, and I'd like to think I've adequately substantiated why I think it only deserves 1.5.
I'm not mad at you, I swear! It's just opinions, after all.

But VLV > Achtung Baby? Gotta say, that one made me WTF .
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 07-12-2008, 12:47 PM   #314
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,010
Local Time: 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
I've heard of the Ian Curtis graffiti there, how apparently it's stayed there for ages and worked over a lot and such. Kind of neat, in a lame way.

The best graffiti I've ever seen is "Porno", which is written all over South Plympton. Sometimes it's written as "Pornoe", too. Yes, indeed this is the peak of street art. There is another series, "Playaz", which is sort of funny alone, but the fact that it's written on the sign of a Kindergarten makes it hilarious.

Oh, and of course there was "CUNT" written down a stobey pole in Marion recently, that was fantastic.
I'm going to have to go and find it next time I'm in Wellywood, just because I like Joy Division enough to think it's something worthwhile to do rather than visiting the Museum of New Zealand for the ten millionth time.

Wow, SA's graffiti artists sure are moving into the higher classes ...
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 12:48 PM   #315
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 05:00 AM
I could maybe see Abbey Road given a 2, but 1.5 - for me that would be reserved completely for a Slipknot release that would be held in low regard even by fans of Slipknot, or U218.
__________________

__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com