Weed, California Superthread - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-12-2008, 11:11 AM   #256
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,033
Local Time: 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Aha, I will probably score higher since I am new to the superthread and haven't done things like take pics of trains (because someone on the superthread asked) or things like that.
Don't worry, hang around for a bit longer and I'm sure you'll see a train or a plane or a rock and think "hey, I'll photograph that and show it to Ax/Ian/Ali!"

I'm amazed how many people here have photographed trains to show me! I love it.
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 11:13 AM   #257
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Alisaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 30,442
Local Time: 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Yes, The Ocean was the most common opener by quite some margin. Kind of a weird choice, but I think it worked. It had this weird atmospheric vibe, with Adam's 'fro bobbing in the dim lighting, then they ripped into 11OTT.
I never used to be one of those people who wanted desperately to have seen them way back when, but now I do. That sounds awesome.

Where's that time machine??

Ooh. I keep forgetting they played non-Boy songs ... and that they always sound better live (eg, Touch)
__________________

__________________
Alisaura is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 11:14 AM   #258
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Don't worry, hang around for a bit longer and I'm sure you'll see a train or a plane or a rock and think "hey, I'll photograph that and show it to Ax/Ian/Ali!"

I'm amazed how many people here have photographed trains to show me! I love it.
Must get a camera first.
Though I am sure that once I do get a camera, I'll be photographing everything that catches my eye and showing it off.
__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 11:14 AM   #259
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,033
Local Time: 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Keep the sex and drugs in there still, though. To some extent.
Oh, no doubt. We don't want Jen ceasing to be the least pure.

(Might actually get somebody like you to help out with some good drug-related questions. Not meaning to imply anything bad about you there, mind you! Just you have some clue, while I don't even know the correct usage of stoned/high - I think you or Vazza said they refer to different drugs?)
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 11:16 AM   #260
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Alisaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 30,442
Local Time: 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I'm amazed how many people here have photographed trains to show me! I love it.
Photographed, and videoed...!

Ooh, I saw a tram today, looked very modern and spiffy... it was running down Glenferrie road... only identifying thing I thought to take note of was that it was tram number 3511 or something like that...
__________________
Alisaura is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 11:17 AM   #261
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,033
Local Time: 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisaura View Post
Ack, I was gonna go to bed, but I just started DLing the 13/12/80 Boston show... Then again, it's already 30% done, so if I start saying I'm leaving now, that should work
Shouldn't be too large a file to download anyway, and if I remember correctly, the set's only 45 minutes or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisaura View Post
I never used to be one of those people who wanted desperately to have seen them way back when, but now I do. That sounds awesome.

Where's that time machine??

Ooh. I keep forgetting they played non-Boy songs ... and that they always sound better live (eg, Touch)
I've always wanted to go back to an early show, but then UABRS was crucial in me becoming a U2 fan, so I suppose that's hardly surprising. Plus, it'd be just incredible to see the band in a tiny club playing songs like I Threw A Brick, Twilight, Touch, With A Shout, and whatnot.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 11:20 AM   #262
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,033
Local Time: 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Must get a camera first.
Though I am sure that once I do get a camera, I'll be photographing everything that catches my eye and showing it off.
I didn't have my own digital camera until last Christmas. First used it in January this year. Have already taken over 7,000 photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisaura View Post
Photographed, and videoed...!

Ooh, I saw a tram today, looked very modern and spiffy... it was running down Glenferrie road... only identifying thing I thought to take note of was that it was tram number 3511 or something like that...
Ooh, 3511 would be one of the D1 class trams introduced in 2003.

I hear that the second French tram has now arrived and should be running in about a week. Not as if borrowing five trams is going to help overcrowding much, but it's a start ...
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 11:20 AM   #263
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Oh, no doubt. We don't want Jen ceasing to be the least pure.

(Might actually get somebody like you to help out with some good drug-related questions. Not meaning to imply anything bad about you there, mind you! Just you have some clue, while I don't even know the correct usage of stoned/high - I think you or Vazza said they refer to different drugs?)


Uh, I'm genuinely surprised that high and stoned would have different or specific meanings in America, I mean here they can both refer to weed, and 'stoned' could refer to being drunk until a few decades ago, but see it would be more acceptable to say someone on cocaine is 'high' rather than 'stoned', I don't pay attention but I don't think I've heard 'stoned' used referring to gear either. I think that's sort of subjective depending on the area, i.e. how 'dope' almost totally refers to weed in Australia where practically everywhere else it refers to heroin (often a source of confusion).
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 11:22 AM   #264
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Alisaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 30,442
Local Time: 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Shouldn't be too large a file to download anyway, and if I remember correctly, the set's only 45 minutes or something.
All done now.

Quote:
I've always wanted to go back to an early show, but then UABRS was crucial in me becoming a U2 fan, so I suppose that's hardly surprising. Plus, it'd be just incredible to see the band in a tiny club playing songs like I Threw A Brick, Twilight, Touch, With A Shout, and whatnot.



Okay, bed time for me...
__________________
Alisaura is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 11:23 AM   #265
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Alisaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 30,442
Local Time: 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Ooh, 3511 would be one of the D1 class trams introduced in 2003.
Ah right... I like that one better than those ones with the whole front sloping at the same angle...

Anyway, I was leaving, and not having a conversation about trams.


*gone*
__________________
Alisaura is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 11:24 AM   #266
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Pearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,653
Local Time: 12:42 AM
OK, everyone, I'm back.
Sorry I got sidetracked. I had one of the employees here tearing his hair out over stress, so I had to avoid being online or else he would've tore my hair out!
__________________
Pearl is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 11:27 AM   #267
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,033
Local Time: 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisaura View Post
Ah right... I like that one better than those ones with the whole front sloping at the same angle...

Anyway, I was leaving, and not having a conversation about trams.


*gone*
I'm guessing you're referring to the other new ones, the C class?

Oh, but you're leaving. And here I was thinking you were going to stay to listen to 1980-12-13! Well, have a good night!
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 11:29 AM   #268
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,033
Local Time: 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
OK, everyone, I'm back.
Sorry I got sidetracked. I had one of the employees here tearing his hair out over stress, so I had to avoid being online or else he would've tore my hair out!
Yeah, I noticed you vanished - figured something work-related must have happened. I was thinking it was about time that we give you the Superthread initiation ritual too! Actually, we probably got you to do it when you first came on board, but I lost the masterlist and only recently refound it and you aren't on it.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 11:29 AM   #269
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 06:42 AM
Modern trams



Old trams



I like both!
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 11:30 AM   #270
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I didn't have my own digital camera until last Christmas. First used it in January this year. Have already taken over 7,000 photos!
I may try to get one soon once my grandma's house sells!
I will want to get one anyway because I plan on trying to see U2 this tour and I know I am gonna wanna go pic crazy!
__________________

__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com