Weed, California Superthread - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2008, 11:11 AM   #256
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Aha, I will probably score higher since I am new to the superthread and haven't done things like take pics of trains (because someone on the superthread asked) or things like that.
Don't worry, hang around for a bit longer and I'm sure you'll see a train or a plane or a rock and think "hey, I'll photograph that and show it to Ax/Ian/Ali!"

I'm amazed how many people here have photographed trains to show me! I love it.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-12-2008, 11:13 AM   #257
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Yes, The Ocean was the most common opener by quite some margin. Kind of a weird choice, but I think it worked. It had this weird atmospheric vibe, with Adam's 'fro bobbing in the dim lighting, then they ripped into 11OTT.
I never used to be one of those people who wanted desperately to have seen them way back when, but now I do. That sounds awesome.

Where's that time machine??

Ooh. I keep forgetting they played non-Boy songs ... and that they always sound better live (eg, Touch)

Old 07-12-2008, 11:14 AM   #258
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:42 AM
Quote:
Don't worry, hang around for a bit longer and I'm sure you'll see a train or a plane or a rock and think "hey, I'll photograph that and show it to Ax/Ian/Ali!"

Must get a camera first.
Though I am sure that once I do get a camera, I'll be photographing everything that catches my eye and showing it off.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:14 AM   #259
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Keep the sex and drugs in there still, though. To some extent.
Oh, no doubt. We don't want Jen ceasing to be the least pure.

(Might actually get somebody like you to help out with some good drug-related questions. Not meaning to imply anything bad about you there, mind you! Just you have some clue, while I don't even know the correct usage of stoned/high - I think you or Vazza said they refer to different drugs?)

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-12-2008, 11:16 AM   #260
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Photographed, and videoed...!

Ooh, I saw a tram today, looked very modern and spiffy... it was running down Glenferrie road... only identifying thing I thought to take note of was that it was tram number 3511 or something like that...
Old 07-12-2008, 11:17 AM   #261
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisaura View Post
Ack, I was gonna go to bed, but I just started DLing the 13/12/80 Boston show... Then again, it's already 30% done, so if I start saying I'm leaving now, that should work
Shouldn't be too large a file to download anyway, and if I remember correctly, the set's only 45 minutes or something.

Quote:
I never used to be one of those people who wanted desperately to have seen them way back when, but now I do. That sounds awesome.

Where's that time machine??

Ooh. I keep forgetting they played non-Boy songs ... and that they always sound better live (eg, Touch)
I've always wanted to go back to an early show, but then UABRS was crucial in me becoming a U2 fan, so I suppose that's hardly surprising. Plus, it'd be just incredible to see the band in a tiny club playing songs like I Threw A Brick, Twilight, Touch, With A Shout, and whatnot.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-12-2008, 11:20 AM   #262
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Must get a camera first.
Though I am sure that once I do get a camera, I'll be photographing everything that catches my eye and showing it off.
I didn't have my own digital camera until last Christmas. First used it in January this year. Have already taken over 7,000 photos!

Quote:
Photographed, and videoed...!

Ooh, I saw a tram today, looked very modern and spiffy... it was running down Glenferrie road... only identifying thing I thought to take note of was that it was tram number 3511 or something like that...
Ooh, 3511 would be one of the D1 class trams introduced in 2003.

I hear that the second French tram has now arrived and should be running in about a week. Not as if borrowing five trams is going to help overcrowding much, but it's a start ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-12-2008, 11:20 AM   #263
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:12 PM
Quote:
Oh, no doubt. We don't want Jen ceasing to be the least pure.

(Might actually get somebody like you to help out with some good drug-related questions. Not meaning to imply anything bad about you there, mind you! Just you have some clue, while I don't even know the correct usage of stoned/high - I think you or Vazza said they refer to different drugs?)

Uh, I'm genuinely surprised that high and stoned would have different or specific meanings in America, I mean here they can both refer to weed, and 'stoned' could refer to being drunk until a few decades ago, but see it would be more acceptable to say someone on cocaine is 'high' rather than 'stoned', I don't pay attention but I don't think I've heard 'stoned' used referring to gear either. I think that's sort of subjective depending on the area, i.e. how 'dope' almost totally refers to weed in Australia where practically everywhere else it refers to heroin (often a source of confusion).
Old 07-12-2008, 11:22 AM   #264
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Shouldn't be too large a file to download anyway, and if I remember correctly, the set's only 45 minutes or something.
All done now.

Quote:
I've always wanted to go back to an early show, but then UABRS was crucial in me becoming a U2 fan, so I suppose that's hardly surprising. Plus, it'd be just incredible to see the band in a tiny club playing songs like I Threw A Brick, Twilight, Touch, With A Shout, and whatnot.

Okay, bed time for me...
Old 07-12-2008, 11:23 AM   #265
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Ooh, 3511 would be one of the D1 class trams introduced in 2003.
Ah right... I like that one better than those ones with the whole front sloping at the same angle...

Anyway, I was leaving, and not having a conversation about trams.

*gone*
Old 07-12-2008, 11:24 AM   #266
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

OK, everyone, I'm back.
Sorry I got sidetracked. I had one of the employees here tearing his hair out over stress, so I had to avoid being online or else he would've tore my hair out!
Old 07-12-2008, 11:27 AM   #267
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Ah right... I like that one better than those ones with the whole front sloping at the same angle...

Anyway, I was leaving, and not having a conversation about trams.

*gone*
I'm guessing you're referring to the other new ones, the C class?

Oh, but you're leaving. And here I was thinking you were going to stay to listen to 1980-12-13! Well, have a good night!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-12-2008, 11:29 AM   #268
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
OK, everyone, I'm back.
Sorry I got sidetracked. I had one of the employees here tearing his hair out over stress, so I had to avoid being online or else he would've tore my hair out!
Yeah, I noticed you vanished - figured something work-related must have happened. I was thinking it was about time that we give you the Superthread initiation ritual too! Actually, we probably got you to do it when you first came on board, but I lost the masterlist and only recently refound it and you aren't on it.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-12-2008, 11:29 AM   #269
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:42 AM
Modern trams

Old trams

I like both!
Old 07-12-2008, 11:30 AM   #270
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I didn't have my own digital camera until last Christmas. First used it in January this year. Have already taken over 7,000 photos!
I may try to get one soon once my grandma's house sells!
I will want to get one anyway because I plan on trying to see U2 this tour and I know I am gonna wanna go pic crazy!

Tags
superthread