Weed, California Superthread - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2008, 10:48 AM   #226
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:29 PM
I just looked up Moreland Station on google maps. It's just outside Melbourne yeah? God bless the internet!

PS: Axver, I'm not stalking you. I was just curious.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:48 AM   #227
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Seems like lotsa fun. I've never drunk posted. Well, on here, anyway.
Depending on what I m doing on my birthday, I may be doing the same! (My birthday's on a Sunday, so I dunno if I'll be drinking then or not.)
I should be drunkposting, but nooo, the rugby's not on free-to-air TV, so my wine's just stayed on the bench.

And have a party on the Saturday night.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-12-2008, 10:49 AM   #228
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I love this post.

I should also say that I fucking love Melbourne, before anybody gets any ideas. Yesterday, at Moreland station, I had my cane out and this really nice Somalian guy was worried that I was going to fall over the edge of the platform. We got to talking about where we both came from and how much we loved living in Melbourne. We agreed that Sydney's terrible but this part of Australia is one of the best places on the planet.
That's really cool. Sort of a generalisation, but I find the Africans in Australia to be some of the most incredibly polite and friendly people I've ever met. The fact that I've quite easily remained friends with the Congolese guy I was seeing earlier is a good testament to this. You know, of course there's exceptions but, just saying, I would bet most of them are better company than the average white Australian. I feel like this is touchy for whatever reason, so I'll end it there. NOT RACIST/
Old 07-12-2008, 10:49 AM   #229
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Just checking!
I'm too young to be a freakin' mother hen but I end up doing it anyway.

If you ever have kids and they complain about you being too motherly, you can just tell them that it's not the mother-ness, you've just always been like that
Old 07-12-2008, 10:51 AM   #230
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisaura View Post
..... we are??
Yeah, we figure the current purity test has some problems, most notably the fact that males, since they cannot have abortions, cannot score 0%! And it really needs to account for nerdy things too, like "have you drunkposted on the Superthread? Have you drunkposted solely due to the encouragement of the Superthread? Have you passed out while drunkposting on the Superthread?" and "have you taken a photo of a train/plane/stadium/rock solely for somebody on the Superthread?"

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-12-2008, 10:51 AM   #231
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:29 AM
Quote:
I should be drunkposting, but nooo, the rugby's not on free-to-air TV, so my wine's just stayed on the bench.

And have a party on the Saturday night.
I was thinking the Saturday before because I'm sure I'd be hammered by midnight of Sunday anyway.
Just 8 more days anyway!
Old 07-12-2008, 10:52 AM   #232
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Ahh, I'm near the top. I figured I'd be.
Thanks!
I don't think I wanna know how you got less pure than me...
Old 07-12-2008, 10:53 AM   #233
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Yeah, we figure the current purity test has some problems, most notably the fact that males, since they cannot have abortions, cannot score 0%! And it really needs to account for nerdy things too, like "have you drunkposted on the Superthread? Have you drunkposted solely due to the encouragement of the Superthread? Have you passed out while drunkposting on the Superthread?" and "have you taken a photo of a train/plane/stadium/rock solely for somebody on the Superthread?"
Couldn't you make two different versions? One for males, one for females?
Or is it going to be a universal thing that doesn't include questions that can only apply to one gender?
Old 07-12-2008, 10:53 AM   #234
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
I just looked up Moreland Station on google maps. It's just outside Melbourne yeah? God bless the internet!

PS: Axver, I'm not stalking you. I was just curious.
Yeah, it's in Melbourne's northern suburbs, I suppose near the northern edge of what I'd consider to be the inner suburbs. It's a cool spot for tramspotting, since just down from the station is the Moreland tram depot.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-12-2008, 10:54 AM   #235
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

If you ever have kids and they complain about you being too motherly, you can just tell them that it's not the mother-ness, you've just always been like that
I'm thinking if I ever have kids, I will adopt.
Either way, I can use that!
Old 07-12-2008, 10:55 AM   #236
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Aah... methinks I may score a little lower on this version.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:56 AM   #237
Blue Crack Supplier

11 O'Clock x 2 > Vertigo x 2
Old 07-12-2008, 10:57 AM   #238
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I don't think I wanna know how you got less pure than me...
Well...
Let's just say that I was a dumb teenager.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:57 AM   #239
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:29 PM
Quote:
Yeah, it's in Melbourne's northern suburbs, I suppose near the northern edge of what I'd consider to be the inner suburbs. It's a cool spot for tramspotting, since just down from the station is the Moreland tram depot.
And of course then I start googling.

melbourne tram - Google Image Search

Traveling
Old 07-12-2008, 10:57 AM   #240
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
That's really cool. Sort of a generalisation, but I find the Africans in Australia to be some of the most incredibly polite and friendly people I've ever met. The fact that I've quite easily remained friends with the Congolese guy I was seeing earlier is a good testament to this. You know, of course there's exceptions but, just saying, I would bet most of them are better company than the average white Australian. I feel like this is touchy for whatever reason, so I'll end it there. NOT RACIST/
What really annoys me is how much racist shit the various African communities in Australia, especially the Sudanese, get from some quarters. Every member of those communities that I've met has been nothing short of incredibly polite and friendly. This particular guy came running up to me when he saw I was walking near the platform edge. I explained to him that I could see a little bit and actually loved photography, and he was fascinated by it, he was even encouraging me to photograph the train as it arrived! He seemed to be one of those easygoing people who's just happy to be alive. The 10 minute wait for the train just flew by. So, yeah, good times.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread