Weed, California Superthread - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-12-2008, 10:48 AM   #226
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 05:29 PM
I just looked up Moreland Station on google maps. It's just outside Melbourne yeah? God bless the internet!

PS: Axver, I'm not stalking you. I was just curious.
__________________

__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 10:48 AM   #227
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,032
Local Time: 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Seems like lotsa fun. I've never drunk posted. Well, on here, anyway.
Depending on what I m doing on my birthday, I may be doing the same! (My birthday's on a Sunday, so I dunno if I'll be drinking then or not.)
I should be drunkposting, but nooo, the rugby's not on free-to-air TV, so my wine's just stayed on the bench.

And have a party on the Saturday night.
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 10:49 AM   #228
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I love this post.

I should also say that I fucking love Melbourne, before anybody gets any ideas. Yesterday, at Moreland station, I had my cane out and this really nice Somalian guy was worried that I was going to fall over the edge of the platform. We got to talking about where we both came from and how much we loved living in Melbourne. We agreed that Sydney's terrible but this part of Australia is one of the best places on the planet.
That's really cool. Sort of a generalisation, but I find the Africans in Australia to be some of the most incredibly polite and friendly people I've ever met. The fact that I've quite easily remained friends with the Congolese guy I was seeing earlier is a good testament to this. You know, of course there's exceptions but, just saying, I would bet most of them are better company than the average white Australian. I feel like this is touchy for whatever reason, so I'll end it there. NOT RACIST/
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 10:49 AM   #229
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Alisaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 30,442
Local Time: 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Just checking!
I'm too young to be a freakin' mother hen but I end up doing it anyway.

If you ever have kids and they complain about you being too motherly, you can just tell them that it's not the mother-ness, you've just always been like that
__________________
Alisaura is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 10:51 AM   #230
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,032
Local Time: 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisaura View Post
..... we are??
Yeah, we figure the current purity test has some problems, most notably the fact that males, since they cannot have abortions, cannot score 0%! And it really needs to account for nerdy things too, like "have you drunkposted on the Superthread? Have you drunkposted solely due to the encouragement of the Superthread? Have you passed out while drunkposting on the Superthread?" and "have you taken a photo of a train/plane/stadium/rock solely for somebody on the Superthread?"
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 10:51 AM   #231
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I should be drunkposting, but nooo, the rugby's not on free-to-air TV, so my wine's just stayed on the bench.

And have a party on the Saturday night.
I was thinking the Saturday before because I'm sure I'd be hammered by midnight of Sunday anyway.
Just 8 more days anyway!
__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 10:52 AM   #232
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Alisaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 30,442
Local Time: 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Ahh, I'm near the top. I figured I'd be.
Thanks!
I don't think I wanna know how you got less pure than me...
__________________
Alisaura is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 10:53 AM   #233
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Yeah, we figure the current purity test has some problems, most notably the fact that males, since they cannot have abortions, cannot score 0%! And it really needs to account for nerdy things too, like "have you drunkposted on the Superthread? Have you drunkposted solely due to the encouragement of the Superthread? Have you passed out while drunkposting on the Superthread?" and "have you taken a photo of a train/plane/stadium/rock solely for somebody on the Superthread?"
Couldn't you make two different versions? One for males, one for females?
Or is it going to be a universal thing that doesn't include questions that can only apply to one gender?
__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 10:53 AM   #234
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,032
Local Time: 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
I just looked up Moreland Station on google maps. It's just outside Melbourne yeah? God bless the internet!

PS: Axver, I'm not stalking you. I was just curious.
Yeah, it's in Melbourne's northern suburbs, I suppose near the northern edge of what I'd consider to be the inner suburbs. It's a cool spot for tramspotting, since just down from the station is the Moreland tram depot.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 10:54 AM   #235
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisaura View Post

If you ever have kids and they complain about you being too motherly, you can just tell them that it's not the mother-ness, you've just always been like that
I'm thinking if I ever have kids, I will adopt.
Either way, I can use that!
__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 10:55 AM   #236
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Alisaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 30,442
Local Time: 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Yeah, we figure the current purity test has some problems, most notably the fact that males, since they cannot have abortions, cannot score 0%! And it really needs to account for nerdy things too, like "have you drunkposted on the Superthread? Have you drunkposted solely due to the encouragement of the Superthread? Have you passed out while drunkposting on the Superthread?" and "have you taken a photo of a train/plane/stadium/rock solely for somebody on the Superthread?"
Aah... methinks I may score a little lower on this version.
__________________
Alisaura is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 10:56 AM   #237
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Alisaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 30,442
Local Time: 02:29 AM
11 O'Clock x 2 > Vertigo x 2
__________________
Alisaura is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 10:57 AM   #238
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisaura View Post
I don't think I wanna know how you got less pure than me...
Well...
Let's just say that I was a dumb teenager.
__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 10:57 AM   #239
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Yeah, it's in Melbourne's northern suburbs, I suppose near the northern edge of what I'd consider to be the inner suburbs. It's a cool spot for tramspotting, since just down from the station is the Moreland tram depot.
And of course then I start googling.

melbourne tram - Google Image Search

Traveling
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 07-12-2008, 10:57 AM   #240
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,032
Local Time: 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
That's really cool. Sort of a generalisation, but I find the Africans in Australia to be some of the most incredibly polite and friendly people I've ever met. The fact that I've quite easily remained friends with the Congolese guy I was seeing earlier is a good testament to this. You know, of course there's exceptions but, just saying, I would bet most of them are better company than the average white Australian. I feel like this is touchy for whatever reason, so I'll end it there. NOT RACIST/
What really annoys me is how much racist shit the various African communities in Australia, especially the Sudanese, get from some quarters. Every member of those communities that I've met has been nothing short of incredibly polite and friendly. This particular guy came running up to me when he saw I was walking near the platform edge. I explained to him that I could see a little bit and actually loved photography, and he was fascinated by it, he was even encouraging me to photograph the train as it arrived! He seemed to be one of those easygoing people who's just happy to be alive. The 10 minute wait for the train just flew by. So, yeah, good times.
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com