Weed, California Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One day, you'll realize something about me:

I change patterns up to make me laugh. For example:

Pet Rescue Squad
Rescue Pet Squad
Pet Rescue Team
Rescue Pet Team

I used all 4 when posting the photos of that nutty, gritty group of animals.

The :love: Dalton thing is another example.

THE HISTORIAN, that's simply how I go about my business.

I thought maybe you'd be clever and not change things up on this one, just to change that up. Alas, I gave you too much credit.

Looks good. I should throw one together.

From Zooropa, I would use every track but Babyface, Numb, and The Wanderer, and from Passengers I would just use the first half, as there really isn't anything in the second half I could be bothered with.

Updated:

1. Zooropa
2. Slug
3. Miss Sarajevo
4. Stay
5. Always Forever Now
6. Daddy's Gonna Pay...
7. Numb
8. Dirty Day (Bitter Kiss Mix)
9. Lemon
10. Your Blue Room
11. The First Time
12. The Wanderer

It's sequenced kind of like a regular 12-song album this way.

It's just not for me. I hear him sing that part "...like I'm slowly slipping under" and just want him to sing like that for the whole song. He also added in those "midnight" parts to the chorus live in full voice, which I liked. It's just overkill to me.

That's cool. I'd be down with him singing it either way. My problem with "MacPhisto" singing those songs was all of the play-acting involved, you know?

I'm going to be honest: I don't have the Passengers album. Axver refused to send it to me because he thinks I should buy it.

Updated:

1. Zooropa
2. Slug
3. Miss Sarajevo
4. Stay
5. Always Forever Now
6. Daddy's Gonna Pay...
7. Numb
8. Dirty Day (Bitter Kiss Mix)
9. Lemon
10. Your Blue Room
11. The First Time
12. The Wanderer

It's sequenced kind of like a regular 12-song album this way.

I'm wondering where United Colours would fit...maybe before Always Forever Now. :hmm:

I'm going to be honest: I don't have the Passengers album. Axver refused to send it to me because he thinks I should buy it.

He's not wrong. You really should. I personally think it's amazing, though opinion is certainly split on it.

He's not wrong. You really should. I personally think it's amazing, though opinion is certainly split on it.

The problem is that it's not available in stores on a hard copy and iTunes doesn't sell it. I don't have a credit card, so I can't make online purchases through something like Amazon.

Question: What are the best U2 bootlegs? I haven't tried U2 start in about a year, and I figure now that I've got most of the PC troubles gone, I should give it a shot.

Question: What are the best U2 bootlegs? I haven't tried U2 start in about a year, and I figure now that I've got most of the PC troubles gone, I should give it a shot.

I am no expert on this, but IMO, the U2 bootlegs you need to have are:

1983-06-05 Denver, Colorado
1987-08-08 Cork, Ireland
1989-12-26 Dublin, Ireland
1993-08-11 London, England
1997-08-28 Leeds, England

I am no expert on this, but IMO, the U2 bootlegs you need to have are:

1983-06-05 Denver, Colorado
1987-08-08 Cork, Ireland
1989-12-26 Dublin, Ireland
1993-08-11 London, England
1997-08-28 Leeds, England

Alright, thanks.

I have part of Red Rocks, for some reason not all. I also have Zoo TV Dublin. The rest of my live stuff is just bits and pieces.

Alright, thanks.

I have part of Red Rocks, for some reason not all. I also have Zoo TV Dublin. The rest of my live stuff is just bits and pieces.

It's worth it to have the entire Red Rocks gig. That was an amazing show, even if the weather was rough.

Dublin sounds great, but the performance isn't up to the standards of some others. 8/11/93 has the best version of Bullet I've ever heard.

So in the last thread, Axver mentioned that it would be neat to have seen U2 record TUF live in soundboard quality without crowd noise. I really like that idea so I'm going through the albums and creating tracklists with that style in mind.

Boy

1. False Prophet
2. I Will Follow
3. Life On A Silent Planet
4. The Dream Is Over
5. Jack In The Box
6. A Day Without Me
7. Stories For Boys
8. Another Time, Another Place
9. Electric Co.
10. Shadows and Tall Trees
11. An Cat Dubh
12. The Ocean
13. Into The Heart
14. 11 O’Clock Tick Tock
15. Out of Control

I was thinking that during the beautiful transition between An Cat Dubh and Into The Heart they could play The Ocean and start Into The Heart.

My alternate Zooropa (let's call it Down In The Slipstream):

1. Zooropa
2. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
3. United Colours
4. Always Forever Now
5. Some Days Are Better Than Others
6. A Different Kind Of Blue
7. Beach Sequence
8. Miss Sarajevo
9. Dirty Day
10. Lemon
11. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
12. Your Blue Room
13. The First Time

Something like that anyway. What an awesomely deranged album that would have been.

EDIT: Actually, cut out Slug and it gets more awesome, as much as I enjoy that song.

1. Zooropa
3. United Colours
4. Always Forever Now
7. Beach Sequence
8. Miss Sarajevo
9. Dirty Day
10. Lemon
12. Your Blue Room
13. The First Time

Something like that anyway. What an awesomely deranged album that would have been.

EDIT: Actually, cut out Slug and it gets more awesome, as much as I enjoy that song.

That's pretty good, right there.

1. Zooropa
3. United Colours
4. Always Forever Now
7. Beach Sequence
8. Miss Sarajevo
9. Dirty Day
10. Lemon
12. Your Blue Room
13. The First Time

Interesting take. :up:

Personally I would go for a little more order and cohesion. So I'm not a big fan of the ending. The beginning though is brilliant.

The only segue I'm indifferent about is Some Days--->Different Kind Of Blue, and the run of three Passengers songs in their original order just smacks of laziness on my part, but they fit together, which can't be helped.

The First Time has to close things out.

The thing you have to avoid when doing these lists, I've found, is that, being that they're usually taken from more than one album (singles, side projects), you can't focus too much on cohesion because it's not going to be ideal. Do what you can, make it better than they did, but don't live and die with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom