Wedding Etiquette

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
ok here is the question. well let me start with background first.

i work in a small regional office here in Atlanta that has a total of 12 employees who are all considered to be pretty close in working and personal relationships. Two of my colleagues will be getting married this weekend. The groom is the CEO of my company and the bride is in the same position that i am in. they have 553 guests who have RSVP for their wedding. :shocked: and only a select group of people from my regional office, excluding me and 2 other colleagues have been invited to the wedding. needless to say we are a little hurt by being snubbed specially since we threw them a party a mth ago to celebrate their engagement. well now i find out colleagues that work in different offices out side of this state and some from the Netherlands, which are from our parent company will be flying in for the wedding. :huh: so now i am wondering, if you work in a small regional office who seems to do a lot of things together, wouldn't you have invited all of your colleagues? now i along with my other colleagues *oh and the other one who did not get the invite is the brides assistant here in the office* feelings are a bit brused specially since we all thought we got along well. :angry: *wants to take present back*

I think this is horribly inappropriate.

I feel for you, but if it is your boss it will be hard to deal with. I would have to say something to him, and when he gets back I would ask him how his wedding was in the most deliberatly overly-friendly way I can. He will get the point you are hurt.

Not two hours ago I got a phone call from a friend telling me he and his fiancee could not attend my wedding because the are going to a different friend's wedding the same day.

I had just spent $300.00 at his bachelor party last weekend.

I told him I was upset.

He can go suck an ass along with your boss, some people are sooooo inappropriate when it comes to this shit.

BTW: did you get the invite to my wedding?

(that was meant to at least bring a smile to your face...)

i got your invite. ;) lol

yeah i along with my other colleagues thought this was just rude. they can't even use the excuse "they have no money" because he is the president and CEO of the Company and have blocked out most of the Four Seasons Hotel for Guests. :down:

seriously i think it is rude. and i will remember this for the future. :macdevil:

with any luck, it doesn't always work...quick enough

they obviously know nothing about grace
rise above their shitty behaviour Velvet...don't take it personally.
Weddings make people do strange things.

:hug:

thats horrible. its beyond horrible. they must realize, and im assuming they arent idiots (CEO, your colleague), that you will be upset by the exclusion

chances are....

It was probably an oversight if only two did not make the list. Weddings are very expensive when trying to pay for the meals for all who will rsvp and small details are sometimes lost in the process.

Could you have somehow forgotten to update your change of address at your office?

I would wish them well at the least and let them know somehow that you did not appear on that list though you did send them a token...lol...or make a wedding date with someone who did...and fyi...when they do the thank-you cards their oversight will become apparent.:wave: It might not have been intentional at all.

nah it was intentional. they have my home address because i received a thank you card for the wedding gift i gave them a few weeks ago. :down:

yes weddings are expensive, however when you already have 550 people coming to it and have rented out half of a 5 star hotel and ballroom at a luxury conference center it means they have the $$$. if they didn't i would be worried because he is the Pres. of my company.

Did you give them a wedding gift because you want to be on that wedding party ? And just ask the couple the reason, if it bothers you.

I would not want to be on a wedding where i am not welcome anyway .

Sounds like a clear message alright "we are thoughtless wanks".

My husband worked at a company where one of his colleagues was marrying one of the directors. 500 guests at $200 a head at the Opera House in Sydney (thats $100,000 JUST for the reception). No invite, but we dont really care cos all they'd get off us is a toaster or something useless.

Well, I think it's rude seeing as how they have invited the population of a small country already, and money does not seem to be an issue. Even more so since you have made monetary contributions to celebrate things for them.

I know that in my own case, my fiance and I are trying to keep the list to a minimum since we only really can afford around 175 guests. While I would like to invite some of my co-workers, I dont know if I will invite anyone, because I dont want hurt feelings. It's a tough decision! I say ALL or none.

I went to a very nice wedding this weekend. 50 People, on a lake in Canada. Tables, a tent, music, food and booze. Probably cost them $3,000 or $4,000. People that spend $100,000 and have 500 people at a wedding are king-pricks.

I would be both very hurt and very relieved simultaneously. I wouldn't want to go the wedding, but I'd want to be invited if everyone else was. In an office that small, you either invite everyone (as one of my colleagues did) or no one (as another one of my colleagues did). So I have to say your boss is kind of an ass. :down:

Kind of reminds me of years ago when my boss decided to quit and he called a meeting where he made this announcement to the whole staff except for me and like one other person, and we ended up hearing about it from people in the bathroom after the meeting. I marched right into his office and had some kind of embarrassing hissy fit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom