Weather Talk: It's HOT!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Michigan is muggy and warm again today. We got about an hour of rain yesterday for the first time in two weeks. We had only a quarter of an inch of rain for the whole month until then. At this rate, we'll have fall colors in mid-August.

silvrlvr said:
Michigan is muggy and warm again today. We got about an hour of rain yesterday for the first time in two weeks. We had only a quarter of an inch of rain for the whole month until then. At this rate, we'll have fall colors in mid-August.

Where are you in MI? It seems the rain has at least sprinkled everywhere but here! :scream:

Well, it's bloody cold here in adelaide, and I am completely over winter!!!
This is the coldest winter i can remember for a while and i am HATING every minute of it!!!
07.gif

I would gladly trade places with any of you guys in the US or Europe!!

And it cracks me up when i see on our news about your 'heatwave' in Europe - we regularly get weeks at a time above 35C here in summer!!!!

I'm counting down til summer!! My electricity bill is going to be HUGE from me having heaters on all day every day and night!!
160.png

mandy1973 said:
This is the coldest winter i can remember for a while and i am HATING every minute of it!!!
07.gif

And it cracks me up when i see on our news about your 'heatwave' in Europe - we regularly get weeks at a time above 35C here in summer!!!!

I'm counting down til summer!! My electricity bill is going to be HUGE from me having heaters on all day every day and night!!
160.png

Well, I'd rather have some cold or rainy days right now, I am so tired of this heat, especially since it doesn't get much better over night and it's almost impossible to sleep. I hate all the extremes: Too cold winters and too hot summers. We did not have a real winter this year, it was too warm most of the time, so we thought we won't get a proper summer either.

But it's true that people like to complain a lot. When August is rainy and cold, people will complain about that, too, that's the way we are. I am still quite young, but I cannot remember any of my childhood summer to be that hot. When we had about 30 degrees, it was "hot" and we were staying at the lake all day, but we hardly had days that went over 30/31 degrees. This is something that clearly started here some years ago, after the millenium. Since then we always have these heat waves that are so hard to handle in the city.

I love the sun, but this is too much to enjoy! I want to have my childhood summers back, warm days and cool nights, that would be it!

mandy1973 said:
07.gif

160.png

When I came to Adelaide on January 22nd last year, it was some of these days over 40°C. I entered the plane here in Germany at minus degrees. Quite a shock. ;)

It's not like 2003 here, but still very hot.

Back
Top Bottom