weather.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
i don't get it.
what's your image of ottawa in late january-early february?

it should be snowing and beautiful.
well no. right now it's about probably 0 celsius and the snow continues to melt everyday.
this sucks.
no ice on the canal this year
frown.gif

------------------
november 12th 1955

no goods my friend.

brisbane, australia is its usual too feckin' hot today...i want snow!!!!!

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

My image of Ottawa at this time of year is...the second coldest capital city in the WORLD behind Ulan Bator in Mongolia. I kid you not, it's the truth.

I live in Victoria, where lately it has been typically grey like it is so much of the year, but colder than usual for this time of year, I'd say. We even had a little snow the other day. Looked very pretty but didn't last long. I actually wish we would get more snow. It brightens things up. People go on about how amazing the weather is in Victoria but it isn't! It's chilly and damp and grey and sometimes it's that way even in June or July!! But we do have the most gorgeous springs.

Canadians love to talk about the weather
biggrin.gif

------------------
Love was never a single emotion

-ACROB@T

I live in the northeast US and today we may have a record high of 64 F. I love it...
smile.gif
I can do without winter weather and coats..I hate wearing a coat and I hate being cold.

Yeah well what's your mental picture of Minnesota around this time of year. It was so nice and warm this weekend, but today it is freezing cold, wind is blowing, sky is grey and icky. blah. 5F (-15C) with the wind chill.
frown.gif

What's your picture of Toronto??? Normally it snows from November-April and there is always a nice layer of the white stuff covering the ground. This year we have only had 3 snowfalls, and they all melted within 48 hours. Normally it is very cold -10 isn't considered to be out of the norm. Yesterday it was 11!!!

I am not complaining, AT ALL!!

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
Normally it snows from November-April and there is always a nice layer of the white stuff covering the ground.

i can't remember the last time toronto had that 'normal' snow fall.
i guess my point is canada, and ontario specifically, seems to me to be getting a whole lot warmer with each passing winter. much different from my childhood-i grew up in mississauga and would agree that then-mid eighties we would get sustained snow for the winter period.

maybe i'm just talking out of my ass though, i don't know.

------------------
november 12th 1955

Originally posted by kobayashi:
i can't remember the last time toronto had that 'normal' snow fall.
i guess my point is canada, and ontario specifically, seems to me to be getting a whole lot warmer with each passing winter. much different from my childhood-i grew up in mississauga and would agree that then-mid eighties we would get sustained snow for the winter period.

maybe i'm just talking out of my ass though, i don't know.

Totally. Brampton was always covered in snow when I was a kid. I could go tobaggoning every day if I wanted to. We would have 2-3 snow days a year, and the school busses were cancelled once a week during the winter.

It is supposed to get cold this week though, and possible flurries!!! I just hope that the winter doesn't start this weekend. If that is the case then we will be skiing on May 2-4 instead of camping.

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
People go on about how amazing the weather is in Victoria but it isn't! It's chilly and damp and grey and sometimes it's that way even in June or July!! But we do have the most gorgeous springs.
biggrin.gif

LOL!! Sooooo true! I live in Victoria too, and the weather here is NO different than in Dublin. Funny thing is like you said above, people think the weather here is great, but do you ever hear of people boasting about great the weather in Dublin is? NO! That's because it sucks, and it sucks in Vic too! We just have the better weather I suppose of Canada, seeing as though we are nearly the only place that doesn't get snow on a regular basis.

time to pay the piper methinks.
It's the Pacific island nations I feel sorry for.
"Burn baby burn, disco inferno....."
Good luck...... to us all. Although I don't believe it'a a matter of luck, just common sense.

Originally posted by RussellbeStaji:
Lemme just say, Midwest America SUCKS!!!! Two days ago it was like 60 degrees, beautiful skies- no coat kinda weather. I wake up this morning to hear Chicago's gonna get 10 inches of snow within the next 72 hours. BOO!!!! Send me back to da south!!!

welcome to the windy city - looks like it's only just started. blargh on mother nature.

I drove around DOWNTOWN BIRMINGHAM today (yes, like the Chuck Berry song) with my windows down, listening to U2 - 7, and I was HOT! Must be in the 70s here!

~U2Alabama

If you live in the North, expect snow and ice and cold. Matter of fact, many people who live in the north do so for those very reasons.

Yesterday was 65 F in Boston. Today it was in the 40's. Tomorrow it will snow - perhaps as much as 6 inches. Then freezing rain/ice. Then cold. Then more snow. This is New England weather - not 65 F in January!

We get 9 months of the year where no jacket is required. If you want 12 months with no jacket, move south and stop complaining!

Back
Top Bottom