WE WON!!!!!!!! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-30-2002, 09:58 PM   #1
The Fly
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: toronto,ontario,canada
Posts: 105
Local Time: 07:35 PM
WE WON!!!!!!!!

NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, HEY HEY HEY, GOOD BYE!!!!!! MAPLE LEAFS WIN!!!! WE RULE!!! BRING ON OTTAWA!!! WERE GOING OT THE FINALS!!!! THANKS FOR A GOOD SERIES NEW YORK!!!

mike in toronto
go LEafs GO!!!

[This message has been edited by MunkyMan (edited 04-30-2002).]
__________________

__________________
MunkyMan is offline  
Old 04-30-2002, 10:00 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
ladywithspinninghead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,634
Local Time: 02:35 PM

Woohoo, I'm happy, too!!!!
Yeah!!!

But now I'll be cheering for Ottawa against Toronto and then Montreal against Ottawa! But I'm happy for Toronto for tonight!!
__________________

__________________
ladywithspinninghead is offline  
Old 04-30-2002, 10:53 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
kobayashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: the ether
Posts: 5,142
Local Time: 03:35 PM
yes they did win

great series by the ny islanders. top props to the young squad who i'm sure have great things ahead of them.

rough play of the series aside it was a fantastic final game
__________________
kobayashi is offline  
Old 05-01-2002, 12:04 AM   #4
Acrobat
 
Zooropa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Long Island, New York, USA
Posts: 421
Local Time: 02:35 PM
Yes, it was a great series, but at the risk of sounding like a sore loser, I must say that Toronto should not be to proud of the way they won this series. Losing Peca and Jonsson the way we did, changed the whole series. However, Toronto certainly played a great game 7...

------------------
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Zooropa FTP
__________________
Zooropa is offline  
Old 05-01-2002, 04:10 PM   #5
MBH
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: wantagh, ny usa
Posts: 392
Local Time: 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MunkyMan:
NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, HEY HEY HEY, GOOD BYE!!!!!! MAPLE LEAFS WIN!!!! WE RULE!!! BRING ON OTTAWA!!! WERE GOING OT THE FINALS!!!! THANKS FOR A GOOD SERIES NEW YORK!!!

mike in toronto
go LEafs GO!!!

[This message has been edited by MunkyMan (edited 04-30-2002).]
Good luck trying to take out Daniel Alfredsonn. He is very fast and I don't know if those pricks on the Leafs can catch up to him. G-d knows the only way to win if you are the Leafs is to take out top-notched players(that's 2 years in a row now that the Leafs had to resort to these cheap tactics).

But I'm sure that everyone in Toronto loves it b/c you won. Well, fuck that! Toronto strategically knew what they were doing when they "took out" the Isles 2 best players. You would not have won w/out those tactics, but I guess that doesn't matter now.

Here's to Toronto wallowing in another 35 years of Stanley Cup frustration!

[This message has been edited by MBH (edited 05-01-2002).]

[This message has been edited by MBH (edited 05-01-2002).]
__________________
MBH is offline  
Old 05-01-2002, 06:22 PM   #6
Refugee
 
guaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,506
Local Time: 02:35 PM
I'm sick to death of people pissing and complaining all the time.

The Leafs are no more a dirty team than any other team in the NHL. I also dont' agree with people spewing in peoples faces that na na na na nonsense.

Sure there's going to be hits that you don't agree with or I don't agree with. It's an emotional game. Not just for the players but for the fans.

But don't start belittling a teams series win or a games win for that matter. I hate that crap.

Fact of the matter is, there are alot of questionable calls - I have no clue what game the refs are calling half the time. There has been alot to disagree with.

Yes Johnnson got injured - by a player who doesn't have a history of going after guys - come on - and the hit on Pecca although it was a tad low on the hip I'd say, but I don't think intent was there to take him out of the game - I'm sure you've seen hip checks before and whether you like it or not it was a legal hit.

But you know there are alot of players on alot of teams this year that have somehow forgotten how to really play hockey the old fashioned way.

But like I've said before I love the game of hockey warts and all.

__________________
guaca is offline  
Old 05-01-2002, 07:05 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
kobayashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: the ether
Posts: 5,142
Local Time: 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MBH:
Good luck trying to take out Daniel Alfredsonn. He is very fast and I don't know if those pricks on the Leafs can catch up to him. G-d knows the only way to win if you are the Leafs is to take out top-notched players(that's 2 years in a row now that the Leafs had to resort to these cheap tactics).
MBH i am quickly tiring of your baseless opinions. of course, opinions are personal, and thus can be as far gone as you like, but please allow me to add to our discourse.
you are correct daniel alfredsson is very fast. however you do not need to inform maple leafs fans of this fact since the maple leafs have adequately neutralized alfie and the sens for 2 consecutive years.
the only difference between then and now is the absencce of both sundin and yushkevich, admittedly a gaping hole if there ever was one.
the maple leafs missed both players against your isles but managed to fill the holes, just barely.
oh and the maple leafs did not take out any player with anything close to what even you would call ‘cheap tactics’ last year.

Quote:
Originally posted by MBH:
But I'm sure that everyone in Toronto loves it b/c you won. Well, fuck that! Toronto strategically knew what they were doing when they "took out" the Isles 2 best players. You would not have won w/out those tactics, but I guess that doesn't matter now.

Here's to Toronto wallowing in another 35 years of Stanley Cup frustration!

two toronto maple leafs threw two large hits. one was most definitely illegal. the other one was most definitely legal, though it may have had the intent to injure. for all your discussion of my ignorance MBH and your own washing of your hands by admitting the obvious illegality of steve webb’s hits(which were not called, once in that series) you neglect the infractions of peca, hamrlik, parrish, cairns and cummins. in my opinion, the maple leafs were not the only ones playing dirty. peca was slashing like mad in the minutes leading up to his injury. i am not condoning anyone’s actions or excusing anyone here. my only intention is to point out the fact that just as easily as peca and jonsson went down, a maple leaf could have fallen whether you like it or not, rough play is playoff hockey. the isles certainly know it, let me reassure you.

rather the islanders were, unfortunately for them, the team that suffered the most injuries. no one, yes even you or laviolette or milbury, can say what would have happened if peca and jonsson hadn’t gone out. the isles would have been stronger, yes, but we do not know what would have happened.

the fact is 1 game of this series was played cleanly by both teams and the maple leafs won it. the isles played well and pushed it to the very end, but the leafs came out on top.

thank you for your wishes by the way. i hope you can find a way to enjoy the rest of the playoffs but please don't expect no one to get injured.


[This message has been edited by kobayashi (edited 05-01-2002).]
__________________
kobayashi is offline  
Old 05-01-2002, 08:11 PM   #8
MBH
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: wantagh, ny usa
Posts: 392
Local Time: 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by kobayashi:
two toronto maple leafs threw two large hits. one was most definitely illegal. the other one was most definitely legal, though it may have had the intent to injure. for all your discussion of my ignorance MBH and your own washing of your hands by admitting the obvious illegality of steve webb’s hits(which were not called, once in that series) you neglect the infractions of peca, hamrlik, parrish, cairns and cummins. in my opinion, the maple leafs were not the only ones playing dirty. peca was slashing like mad in the minutes leading up to his injury. i am not condoning anyone’s actions or excusing anyone here. my only intention is to point out the fact that just as easily as peca and jonsson went down, a maple leaf could have fallen whether you like it or not, rough play is playoff hockey. the isles certainly know it, let me reassure you.

rather the islanders were, unfortunately for them, the team that suffered the most injuries. no one, yes even you or laviolette or milbury, can say what would have happened if peca and jonsson hadn’t gone out. the isles would have been stronger, yes, but we do not know what would have happened.

the fact is 1 game of this series was played cleanly by both teams and the maple leafs won it. the isles played well and pushed it to the very end, but the leafs came out on top.

thank you for your wishes by the way. i hope you can find a way to enjoy the rest of the playoffs but please don't expect no one to get injured.


[This message has been edited by kobayashi (edited 05-01-2002).]
I could care less about the playoffs now. I hope those fucks in Toronto are knocked off, but I doubt it. They now have a clear path to the Finals. Fortunately, the West will most likely beat any Eastern team this year so that should most certainly make it 36 years w/out a Cup for what is supposed to be the Hockey capital of the world....

As for the other stuff that you point out: you took the Alfredsonn comment way too seriously. The Leafs didn't committ any dirty acts last year?!?? Did you happen to miss the playoffs last year? Tie Domi's elbow to Niedermyer during the Devils series was a dirty hit. Even Domi would admit that.

You know what you people don't understand: the fact that the Leafs suddenly took out the Isles top 2 players during the game that they found out that Sundin was out. Do you think it was coincidental that the players hurt were the Isles best defenseman and best forward, respectively? No way. That is bullshit. The Isles should have broken Mogilny's leg or whacked Tucker. The NHL won't enforce it's rules, so the Isles should've taken it into their own hands.

What irritates me so much is the hypocrisy shown by the people of Toronto and especially the players and coaches up there. Corson complains about the Laviolette whining when his coach is the king of whining. Quinn is always bitching and yet he complains about the Isles and calls it a "campaign." Let the record show that Quinn is a loser. Laviolette will have more success by the time he is 40 then Quinn has in his entire career. Not to mention the audacity to deny the fact that Corson kicked Cairns. The kick is a fact. Not debatable. And yet those asses decided to deny it.

Personally, if I were the Isles, I would have not shaken hands with Quinn, Roberts and Tucker. I have absolutely no respect for people like that. And save your breath with the Roberts and his clean record bullshit. The fact is, he is an intelligent player and he knew what he was doing. I hear your so-called hockey expert, Don Cherry said that Jonsson "deserved" to get hit the way he did. You don't even want to know what I think Don Cherry deserves. That doesn't surprise me though. In fact, Cherry would make a good coach for your beloved Toronto Cupless Leafs.

[This message has been edited by MBH (edited 05-01-2002).]
__________________
MBH is offline  
Old 05-01-2002, 08:20 PM   #9
MBH
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: wantagh, ny usa
Posts: 392
Local Time: 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by WhackaMole:
I'm sick to death of people pissing and complaining all the time.

The Leafs are no more a dirty team than any other team in the NHL. I also dont' agree with people spewing in peoples faces that na na na na nonsense.

Sure there's going to be hits that you don't agree with or I don't agree with. It's an emotional game. Not just for the players but for the fans.

But don't start belittling a teams series win or a games win for that matter. I hate that crap.

Fact of the matter is, there are alot of questionable calls - I have no clue what game the refs are calling half the time. There has been alot to disagree with.

Yes Johnnson got injured - by a player who doesn't have a history of going after guys - come on - and the hit on Pecca although it was a tad low on the hip I'd say, but I don't think intent was there to take him out of the game - I'm sure you've seen hip checks before and whether you like it or not it was a legal hit.

But you know there are alot of players on alot of teams this year that have somehow forgotten how to really play hockey the old fashioned way.

But like I've said before I love the game of hockey warts and all.

You don't think the intent was there to take Peca out? Are you kidding? Lets review since you apparently had a sudden case of amnescia come over you: Tucker threatens Peca, Leafs lose Sundin, Tucker & Peca jar at each other in the media = Peca is hit in the 1st period of game 5. 'Nough said.

I love hitting and I love good, hard hockey. However, the Leafs and their coaches track record speaks for itself. If Mogilny and McCabe were taken out by the Isles, Toronto would be screaming bloody murder and that shithead Colin Cambell would certainly have suspended the Isles b/c the NHL wants and needs a Canadien team to go far in the playoffs.

Losing is a part of life. In fact, I expected the Leafs to beat the Isles as they are more experienced and held a slight advantage at the beginning of the series. Just when the tides turned with the Sundin injury, POOF! the leafs suddenly felt the need to go after 2 Isles. Why didn't they take out 2 lesser players if it is no big deal to you hypocrites in Toronto?

As for the whining: I thought I saw tears in Quinn's eyes after he the penalty shot call late in game 4. He went as far to say that the game was given to the Isles. G-d forbid he should take responsibility of his team and admit that Josephs's poor play was the main reason they lost. I don't expect much from Quinn though. He is still bitching about how his favored Flyers lost to the Isles in '80 b/c of an offsides call. 20 years later and nothing has changed.
__________________
MBH is offline  
Old 05-01-2002, 08:22 PM   #10
Refugee
 
guaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,506
Local Time: 02:35 PM
Oh for pete's sake - pathetic bunch of experts who think they know the game. If you are such an expert and can quantify 100% that ANY team is not guilty of bad plays than I'll stand up and say you are right...now take the trash talk and dump it where it belongs...in the gutter....

Now I know why I never partake in conversations with people over hockey - it's worse than a religious confrontation...and that is truly the sad reality of being a hockey fan...

Go ahead and trade insults back and forth between each other...I'm going to go away and enjoy the game in silence...sad bunch
__________________
guaca is offline  
Old 05-01-2002, 08:28 PM   #11
MBH
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: wantagh, ny usa
Posts: 392
Local Time: 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by WhackaMole:
Oh for pete's sake - pathetic bunch of experts who think they know the game. If you are such an expert and can quantify 100% that ANY team is not guilty of bad plays than I'll stand up and say you are right...now take the trash talk and dump it where it belongs...in the gutter....

Now I know why I never partake in conversations with people over hockey - it's worse than a religious confrontation...and that is truly the sad reality of being a hockey fan...

Go ahead and trade insults back and forth between each other...I'm going to go away and enjoy the game in silence...sad bunch
I never said that any team (including the Isles) are guilty of dirty play. I am just pointing out the facts. If you want to ignore them that is your choice. In fact, I encourage the Isles to be dirty in the future as it seems to be an acceptable tactic in the NHL, especially for your pricks in Toronto.

__________________
MBH is offline  
Old 05-01-2002, 10:07 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
kobayashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: the ether
Posts: 5,142
Local Time: 03:35 PM
MBH i think you've made your point.
i'm not gonna respond to any of your discussion, i've already tried to move this discussion ahead and all your doing is harping on the same subject.

we've all said our part. we all know each others position.

if you have any questions email me, the link is in the top corner of the main 'put em under pressure' page.

try your best to enjoy the playoffs MBH.
__________________
kobayashi is offline  
Old 05-02-2002, 03:29 AM   #13
Refugee
 
BabyGrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: even NJ loves NY
Posts: 2,095
Local Time: 02:35 PM
well congrats to all you Leafs fans, I think they have a good chance of winning the next series too!

Sorry Islanders fans, it woulda been nice

------------------
tomorrow's just an excuse away
so I pull my collar up and face the cold, on my own...
__________________
BabyGrace is offline  
Old 05-02-2002, 03:57 AM   #14
Refugee
 
Edgeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,323
Local Time: 01:35 PM
All I want to see is a Canadian team in the finals..........if that has to be Toronto......what am i saying? Of course it will be Toronto!

GO LEAFS GO!!!!

------------------
You Elevate My Soul!
__________________

__________________
Edgeman is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com