"We were the Mulvaneys" Did anyone watch it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
I'm curious as to if anyone here saw it last night. I read the book last year, and I enjoyed it, I guess. I threw the book down on the table a few times, it was a frustrating read.
I didn't bring this up last night because I had to work late and I had to watch the tape tonight.
What were your thoughts?

Hey that's alright.....
Mad about you rocks.
this morning it was the John Astin/Atomic Zinger tea episode. I love that one!

I watched it the other night and thought it had a good story line to it. I did not read the book so I cannot compare it to the movie.
It was not boring, and I felt really bad for the girl, and how the family was torn apart by what had happened to her.

I read the book and really enjoyed it, so on principle I didn't watch the movie. I had my own ideas of the characters and I couldn't bear to have them corrupted.

Since you liked the book (I agree - it was a book that made you come back after you got frustrated with them) did you like the televison version?

------------------
Mone

You ain't nothin without a rhythm section to back you up.

"What Adam does with his willy is his business..." -Bono

[This message has been edited by YellowKite (edited 04-10-2002).]

Not to ditract from the thread, but Mad About You rocks! My favorite episodes are the one with the museum (when Jamie and Paul both have flashbacks to a field trip when they were kids at the museum) and the episode that takes place on their anniversary (when the newspaper stand they meet at burns down.)

What a great show.
smile.gif

------------------
I dig my toes into the sand. The ocean looks like a 1,000 diamonds strewn across a blue plain. I lean against the wind, pretend that I am weightless. And in this moment I am happy... happy.

Love,
Emily

I wish you were here.

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
Emily's Wallpapers

Back
Top Bottom