We now return you to your non Olympic Randoooom - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-02-2006, 11:04 PM   #226
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room


Apparantly the guitar solo part and ending were not done though. Still cool they played it. I will probably get shot for saying this. But didnt care for it closing on the Zoo tour. ucks: Its cool the variety they are pulling out on this tour but Love Is Blindness would be one of my last choices to pull off of Achtung. (Along with Acrobat, : divestotheground: )
1. about the guitar solo.

2. the rest of what you wrote:
__________________

__________________
arw is offline  
Old 03-02-2006, 11:05 PM   #227
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz
you were thought of when they began to play NYD~sorry you missed it. Damn second jobs!

__________________

__________________
arw is offline  
Old 03-02-2006, 11:24 PM   #228
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Blue Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: MICHIGAN, GO BLUE!
Posts: 7,612
Local Time: 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797


1. about the guitar solo.

2. the rest of what you wrote:
Sorry.



Like I said, cool that they did it. Just not one of my favorites from Achtung. Now So Cruel or Ultraviolet.
__________________
Blue Room is offline  
Old 03-02-2006, 11:28 PM   #229
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz
well that was a completely unproductive evening (getting stuff done around here wise, that is) It feels much later to me than 10pm.
I'm not used to working until 9 pm so it feels much earlier than 11:30 to me, even though I'm really tired.

I should go to bed since I REALLY should skate in the morning, since I'm playing hookie in Amish country next week and will miss all possible lesson mornings...
__________________
Schmeg is offline  
Old 03-02-2006, 11:31 PM   #230
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 05:54 AM
Oh and Acrobat = . This is a fact.
__________________
Schmeg is offline  
Old 03-02-2006, 11:32 PM   #231
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room


Sorry.



Like I said, cool that they did it. Just not one of my favorites from Achtung. Now So Cruel or Ultraviolet.

So Cruel is ok but not one I'd want to hear live. Ultraviolet maybe. But Love Is Blindness? I would have fainted. Seriously. I never thought I'd hear Electric Co, Zoo Station, Gloria. I know what my reaction was the first time I heard those. Love Is Blindness would be a million times more. That song is all

even if he skipped the ending solo
__________________
arw is offline  
Old 03-02-2006, 11:32 PM   #232
ONE
love, blood, life
 
shari schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sconnie
Posts: 11,102
Local Time: 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg

I'm not used to working until 9 pm so it feels much earlier than 11:30 to me, even though I'm really tired.

I should go to bed since I REALLY should skate in the morning, since I'm playing hookie in Amish country next week and will miss all possible lesson mornings...
hookie and Amish are 2 words that don't really go together.......they just sound weird together to me

I am heading over to my nice comfy bed
__________________
shari schultz is offline  
Old 03-02-2006, 11:33 PM   #233
ONE
love, blood, life
 
shari schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sconnie
Posts: 11,102
Local Time: 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room


Sorry.



Like I said, cool that they did it. Just not one of my favorites from Achtung. Now So Cruel or Ultraviolet.
Oh he just talks like this and acts like that...................
__________________
shari schultz is offline  
Old 03-02-2006, 11:34 PM   #234
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg
Oh and Acrobat = . This is a fact.
that song makes me want to cry. You can make some of those words into a very personal song if you're in the right mood.
__________________
arw is offline  
Old 03-02-2006, 11:38 PM   #235
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Blue Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: MICHIGAN, GO BLUE!
Posts: 7,612
Local Time: 04:54 AM
Seriously, I have never thought Acrobat was that great of a song. I think it gets alot of hype because its the only Achtung song that wasnt done live at a show.

Seeing Love Is Blindness live didnt do much for me back on Zoo. I saw it 8 times and it was Ok. My favorite closers were/are Walk On for Elevation and Bad on Vertigo.
__________________
Blue Room is offline  
Old 03-02-2006, 11:44 PM   #236
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room
Seriously, I have never thought Acrobat was that great of a song. I think it gets alot of hype because its the only Achtung song that wasnt done live at a show.

Seeing Love Is Blindness live didnt do much for me back on Zoo. I saw it 8 times and it was Ok. My favorite closers were/are Walk On for Elevation and Bad on Vertigo.

Since I'm somewhat of a newbie in terms of U2 fandom (only 6 years ) I think Acrobat was probably one of the first songs that I really noticed Bono's words. It was at an awkward time in my life and what he was saying just made sense to me.

I only heard Bad once for Vertigo and it wasn't at the end of the show

I actually liked the 2nd Vertigo. I never minded it. But 40 was definitely the best closer for me.
__________________
arw is offline  
Old 03-02-2006, 11:56 PM   #237
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Blue Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: MICHIGAN, GO BLUE!
Posts: 7,612
Local Time: 04:54 AM
Like I said, I'm probably in the minority on Blindness and Acrobat. Alot of fans love those songs. I dont hate them, just nowhere near my favorite U2 songs or even favorites on that album. I used to skip Acrobat when listened to the album all the time in 92.

Now the Hansa demo version of Acrobat is great. I like Edge's riff better on that.

I also enjoyed the 2nd Vertigo. Although I only saw that done twice.
__________________
Blue Room is offline  
Old 03-03-2006, 12:28 AM   #238
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room
I also enjoyed the 2nd Vertigo. Although I only saw that done twice.
2nd Veritgo always kicked more ass than the first.

When Acrobat DOESN'T make me want to cry, that's when I take a break from U2 because I know I'm not really listening anymore. I really love driving really fast at night with it playing at top volume. I still like it even though the Worst Date I Ever Had named it as one of his favorite U2 songs (this is not someone anyone here knows).

I should be in bed.
__________________
Schmeg is offline  
Old 03-03-2006, 09:57 AM   #239
Blue Crack Supplier
 
kellyahern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Posts: 34,698
Local Time: 05:54 AM
Woo hoo, that was fun last night .

I seriously woke up with a smile this morning because of it.

Not to worry, that smile was quickly wiped off about an hour into work when a senior tripped and fell outside. Bleeding and ambulances, huzzah!

I think she'll be okay though, the paramedics didn't take her to the hospital and her cuts stopped bleeding. The daughter-in-law acted suspicious though - "Was it wet? Was it uneven where she feel?" . Um no, it looked like she just tripped on the space between the two slabs in the sidewalk.

Anyway, my day so far, 2.5 hours into work. Huzzah

And 2nd Vertigo definitely kicked ass .
__________________
kellyahern is offline  
Old 03-03-2006, 11:53 AM   #240
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 05:54 AM
I was GOING to say go ahead and rub it in why don't you but...

Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern
Woo hoo, that was fun last night .

I seriously woke up with a smile this morning because of it.

Not to worry, that smile was quickly wiped off about an hour into work when a senior tripped and fell outside. Bleeding and ambulances, huzzah!

I think she'll be okay though, the paramedics didn't take her to the hospital and her cuts stopped bleeding. The daughter-in-law acted suspicious though - "Was it wet? Was it uneven where she feel?" . Um no, it looked like she just tripped on the space between the two slabs in the sidewalk.

Anyway, my day so far, 2.5 hours into work. Huzzah

And 2nd Vertigo definitely kicked ass .
I hope she's all right...and that her law-suit happy daughter doesn't go after you guys.
__________________

__________________
Schmeg is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com