We are the nights that say ni-RANDOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fah said:
Pad Thai is yummy...basically it's rice noodles with a sweet/spicy sauce. Throw in a scrambled egg, bean sprouts, cilantro, chopped peanuts and some sort of protein (tonight we used tofu but normally we go for prawns) stir fry it all together and it's so great that there are no leftovers. Plus it is easy and fast to make.

Oh yes, laundry...today was bed changing day :|

But enough of me...I stopped watching the election coverage for a bit....going to turn it back on once we get the mini fahs into bed.

:hmm: that sounds tasty :up:

arw9797 said:

:shocked:

:tsk:

My entire family voted the same way I did.
Yeah, I was gonna write a journal entry about it but I got distracted. I can't concentrate on anything tonight. :tsk:

update on the bruuuuuuuuce show on soulseek:

coming along nicely. it's been going all day, this dude has a wicked sloooooooow connection :crack:

i've got 4 and a half files left :up:

'centerfield' w/john fogerty sounds good.

arw9797 said:

why? :huh:

:eyebrow: what did you do this time? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

dissed football :uhoh:

actually, i didn't SAY "i hate football" but i was thinking it, and knowing the way that coolactuve barina works...

:shifty:

Schmeg said:

Yeah, I was gonna write a journal entry about it but I got distracted. I can't concentrate on anything tonight. :tsk:

I would be so upset :hug: Both of my parents are very pro choice so I know that would never happen to begin with.

IWasBored said:

actually, i didn't SAY "i hate football" but i was thinking it, and knowing the way that coolactuve barina works...

:ohmy:

:mad: :mad: :mad:

:sexywink:

you can diss football all you want. Just don't ever tell me that the Green Bay Packers are your favorite team! :madspit: They are the enemy! :mad:

arw9797 said:

I would be so upset :hug: Both of my parents are very pro choice so I know that would never happen to begin with.
My mom doesn't look at the big picture. She looks at "Dude starts war...dude finishes war." Unfortunately she doesn't see the frame that says, "Dude doesn't know how the hell to finish war." :rolleyes: It's not about who's pro-choice, or who wants to preserve the "sanctity of marriage" while sending my cousin to Iraq, or anything like that. Not even the word "nucular" did it for her. :shrug:

IWasBored said:

You've said you didn't like sports, and now you're a huge follower of baseball and hockey...

Look at the wonderful game of football!

gal.patriots.ap.jpgp

Or hey! That red x is cool too! :grumpy: How about this...

4548941.jpg

So many great oppurtunities to yell, "RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!"

Schmeg said:

My mom doesn't look at the big picture. She looks at "Dude starts war...dude finishes war." Unfortunately she doesn't see the frame that says, "Dude doesn't know how the hell to finish war." :rolleyes: It's not about who's pro-choice, or who wants to preserve the "sanctity of marriage" while sending my cousin to Iraq, or anything like that. Not even the word "nucular" did it for her. :shrug:

wow.

My parents were very turned off by Bush mixing his religious views into how he does things. They don't feel like he is able to separate church and state.

I just think the guy is an :censored: :censored: :censored: which is why I didn't vote for him.....and for all of the same reasons why no one in my family voted for him.

arw9797 said:

:ohmy:

:mad: :mad: :mad:

:sexywink:

you can diss football all you want. Just don't ever tell me that the Green Bay Packers are your favorite team! :madspit: They are the enemy! :mad:

nope, i don't give a rat's ass about the packers. as far as i'm concerned, they suck ass.

:up:

arw9797 said:

wow.

My parents were very turned off by Bush mixing his religious views into how he does things. They don't feel like he is able to separate church and state.

I just think the guy is an :censored: :censored: :censored: which is why I didn't vote for him.....and for all of the same reasons why no one in my family voted for him.
I hate that, too...I also hate how everyone else became "evil." There is/was no separation of church and state and that's not right.

I tried to explain that the whole world hates the guy except for a little more than half the United States. That didn't take either.

That's my journal entry in a nutshell! :laugh: Most of it was me chewing her out for cancelling out my vote, but when I couldn't tell her how Kerry was going to fix it, or that Kerry definitely wouldn't keep lying to us, she decided she'd made the right decision. :shrug:

arw9797 said:
I'm so tired.

According to the yahoo map Bush just won Florida and Ohio is leaning towards Bush :sad:
I'm leaving the country...you want in on that? I can't imagine another four years of this crap. :sad:

Also according to yahoo news:

"Voters in nine states OK gay marriage bans"

:scream:

Why the fuck does this matter to anyone if two people want to get married?

This is why I stay out of FYM.......

arw9797 said:

yeah.

Let's move to Dublin!
Sign me up...this is just one more reason to go for it!

I should be drinking beer while watching the election results too! :mad:

I need to go to bed...long day tomorrow...hopefully Ohio will have come to their senses by then...

arw9797 said:

I have no idea!! What is the big deal?? If people are happy, who cares? Don't even get me started...

I'm probably too fired up to even go to sleep. :crack:

Schmeg said:

You've said you didn't like sports, and now you're a huge follower of baseball and hockey...

Look at the wonderful game of football!

gal.patriots.ap.jpgp

yeah...i know...

i'll be home for thanksgiving. i could very well come back a football fan after spending the day watching tv with my brother.

i'm back to being a baseball fan, and that hockey thing came out of nowhere...so it's very possible that somewhere down the line in the not so far off future i start watching football. it might be college football though, because i don't want to hop on that extremely full bandwagon the pats are carting around...

normally i spend a lot of time outside on thanksgiving making it blatantly obvious how badly i throw a football (and begging to play catch with a baseball or a frisbee...something i actually CAN throw..), but my brother is so fat and out of shape now that i don't see a lot of that happening. hell, i'm horribley out of shape and i feel like i'm getting fat (although my mom thinks i never gained back the 20 pounds i lost when i was a freshman, and my pants still do fit) but i ran circles around the kid a couple weeks ago when i went home...he got one of those nets that you throw a baseball at and it bounces back for you to catch it, so someone would throw the ball and the other person would try to catch it before the person who just threw it caught it...whoeever caught it would throw it...and so on...the only times he ever got the ball was when i threw it and totally missed the net (twice...it was really lame...it's a big fucking net!!!!) cos he was more willing to go into the bushes and get the ball...

bruuuuuce is on my tv!!!!! or he was...footage of him at a rally (in ohoi?)

i like how NONE of the news channels are reporting the same numbers :rolleyes:

must....turn...off...the tv...

"vote or die"??? and i never thought p.diddy could be any dumber. :rolleyes:

the tv is off. thank you mr. diddy. :tsk:

Ohio is very close. :crack: I need to go to bed. Turn...off...the crack...

:wave: Night all...maybe things will change in the morning...it's happened before...

arw9797 said:

i don't understand why it's a big issue. this sanctimony of marriage crap is just that--CRAP. personally, this has no bearing on my life, and i don't really care either way, but so what if two gay people want to get married? they're not hurting you and your heterosexual marriage, they might as well be allowed.

you know, i don't think i've ever seen a valid reason for banning it, the only arguement i've seen is "oh well it says so in the bible" blah blah blah, and that's not a valid arguement because of a little thing called seperation of church and state.

"it's just wierd" isn't really a valid arguement, either, although i admit in the back of my head i would find it a little wierd if my aunt and her partner got married. although i probably wouldn't be invited to the wedding. i can't stand my aunt, although it's got nothing to do with her sexual orientation, she's just not a very nice person. she's declined invitations to go out to dinner with us (my mom, sister, brother and me) and my grandma because she's convinced that my siblings and i are incapable of behaving properly in public. funny thing is, when my mom finished her degree at smith, all of us went out to eat, including my great aunt and great uncle who were visiting from maryland. my aunt was the one who acted like 2 year old, she got offended by EVERY single joke ANYONE told, cracked shitloads of inside jokes with my great aunt (the only things that were funny were the jokes no one else at the table understood), and started yelling at me that i better not make any comments about bleeding meat or anything and she was going to order a nice, big rare steak so i better just live with it. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom