WCF - Ducks vs Wild

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
Well this should be a very interesting series. Two underdog teams fighting to make it to the Stanley Cup finals. I think they are very evenly matched, but I will give the edge in goal to my man Giggy, and the Ducks will win in 6 games.

It will be one heck of a series, go Quackers!

I'm not counting on anything yet. The Wild have the momentum right now, but things can change quickly.

Unless....have you heard that fat lady sing?

fuck me this series has turned brutal. i know exactly what your doing, but if i saw you in person id ruutu your ass.

Jets in 7. Do I sense a white-out... oh no, sorry... I'm just sniffing it.

Well, to be honest, it likely will be the Wild against the Ducks. Why? Game 7 is only 21 hours away. There's too little time for the Canucks to really regroup as a team. They will get up early tomorrow morning, jump on the plane with lumps in their throats and on their bodies, feeling all the bad emotions that they feel after a big loss, and get placed right back into the scene of the crime. Minnesota clearly has all the momentum and confidence that comes with it. They have the Canucks exactly where they want them. It doesn't look good. If the Canucks win game 7, they win the Stanley Cup.

Last edited:
no, it'll make it all the more sweeter when the canucks win tonite.

they always make it hard on themselves (and their fans!), i really believe they will pull it out.

im feeling optimistic today.

well ive seen a doctor about being a premature poster, but there is really nothing he can do. :(

Michael Griffiths said:
Well, to be honest, it likely will be the Wild against the Ducks. Why? Game 7 is only 21 hours away. There's too little time for the Canucks to really regroup as a team. They will get up early tomorrow morning, jump on the plane with lumps in their throats and on their bodies, feeling all the bad emotions that they feel after a big loss, and get placed right back into the scene of the crime. Minnesota clearly has all the momentum and confidence that comes with it. They have the Canucks exactly where they want them. It doesn't look good. If the Canucks win game 7, they win the Stanley Cup.
This post is a disgrace. Thrown in the towel already have ya? Well, not me.

Bear- looks like you and I are the only ones that still believe. :kiss:

:angry: and Chizip- you should be banned for posting such premature crap.

:scream: APRIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! close this thread! :(

As a Wild fan, I am used to torture. The team is only 3 years old, but they have caused me my share of pain and anguish. No unhatched chicken counting for me....especially in the play-offs.

yes, i dont know why canucks fans would be mad at me. i obviously jinxed the wild by posting this thread, so there is no way they can win now. canucks fans should be singing my praises right now, as i guarenteed their team victory.

Angel said:

This post is a disgrace. Thrown in the towel already have ya? Well, not me.

Bear- looks like you and I are the only ones that still believe. :kiss:
Well, Angel, I posted that *right* after the game. I see you posted this morning. Slight difference. :sexywink: I was feeling pretty damn low last night (as I'm sure you were), and I was simply telling it like it is from that perspective. The Canucks had their butts handed to them for the 2nd straight game. They totally unravelled as a team for th 2nd straight game. I was reacting accordingly.

Now, the sun is shining and it's a new day and, like you, I also think they have a solid chance of recovering. I remember during the Blues series no one else believed the Canucks were going to come back after being down 3-1 (including you and Bear -- I have the quotes to prove it :wink: ), but I said they would, and they did. This time, I think it's a toss up. Anything can happen in a game 7. I think we'll see the Canucks leave everything on the ice tonight, win, lose, or...well there won't be a draw, but you get the idea.

Vancouver is a shattered team right now, and that's my only concern. When they're playing with confidence, they're pretty much the best team in the NHL -- just ask Chizip about game 7 against the Blues :wink: What the Canucks have to do tonight is forget about last game and the game before and just play *their* game. Play with some passion. That's all I ask. Play smart, also. If they do both those things, I think they'll win tonight.

Oh, I think Crawford may have an advantage if he does something different tonight to get the Wild thinking. Like start Auld instead of Cloutier. Cloutes doesn't have time to get his confidence back right now. Put him back in for game 1 against Anaheim (should we make it), and go from there. I think Auld has *everything* to prove, and he may give the team the edge they're looking for. Hey, desperate times call for desperate measures, right?

Michael Griffiths said:

Well, Angel, I posted that *right* after the game. I see you posted this morning. Slight difference. :sexywink: I was feeling pretty damn low last night (as I'm sure you were), and I was simply telling it like it is from that perspective.

Oh my gawd you are way too competitive. Relax Michael. You need to learn to take a joke, and actually last night, while I was pissed off, I still had faith and confidence in my team that today can and perhaps will bring new things to the ice. Ask my friend, I'll give you his # :wink:

....I remember during the Blues series no one else believed the Canucks were going to come back after being down 3-1 (including you and Bear -- I have the quotes to prove it :wink: ), but I said they would, and they did.

No I did not, but what does that have to do with my faith for this series? The Blues were a waaaay tougher competitor so it's like comparing apples to oranges. I still think the Nucks were lucky to come thru that series... but this one? My gawd, the Wild are very tameable. The Canucks just have to want it bad enough...

Play with some passion. That's all I ask. Play smart, also. If they do both those things, I think they'll win tonight.

:sigh: Finally something I can agree with you on.

Last edited:
Angel said:

Oh my gawd you are way too competitive. Relax Michael. You need to learn to take a joke, and actually last night, while I was pissed off, I still had faith and confidence in my team that today can and perhaps will bring new things to the ice. Ask my friend, I'll give you his # :wink:

No I did not, but what does that have to do with my faith for this series? The Blues were a waaaay tougher competitor so it's like comparing apples to oranges. I still think the Nucks were lucky to come thru that series... but this one? My gawd, the Wild are very tameable. The Canucks just have to want it bad enough...

:sigh: Finally something I can agree with you on.
It didn't sound like you were joking! And yes, you did say "Vancouver is done" when it was 3-1, but I won't hold it against you :wink: (I am just ribbing you by the way, but you did say that ;))

As for this series being easier and the Blues being a "tougher competitor," I totally disagree with you. The Wild have been a *much* tougher opponent for the Canucks. The Canucks play an offensive game, much like the Blues. They know they can win that type of game. Against the Wild, however, it's much more of a challenge because the Wild don't forcheck as much, and instead sit back and passively wait for turnovers and mistakes. They trap much more than the Blues. If I was an offensive minded team (ie, Colorado or Vancouver) I would never want to play a team like the Wild.

Last edited:
Michael Griffiths said:
And yes, you did say "Vancouve is done" when it was 3-1, but I won't hold it against you :wink: (I am just ribbing you by the way, but you did say that ;))

:scream: I know that I did!!! That was what I said. :rolleyes: Quote--> 'No I did not.' as in... NO I DID NOT THINK THEY WOULD GET PASSED THE BLUES. But again, APPLES TO ORANGES Michael. Totally different team, totally different series.

I have faith (unlike the rest of their fans) that they still can get passed the Wild. And hell, if they don't, you can rub it in my naive face then.

Tooooo much testosterone in this forum.

No, not testosterone, just lack of communication! I apologize for not understanding that you meant you didn't think the Canucks would win instead of thinking you were denying it. My bad. :) I still don't think that it being a different series has any barring on having faith or not though.

Faith needs a doubt

Last edited:
You know what, though? I think there has been too much testostornone on this forum for quite some time now. But that's just me...and you apparently. Anyway, Angel, no hard feelings. I think we just need to type more clearly or use smilies more often to get our true points across! :)

:sexywink: Always the diplomat Michael. And if didn't like ya, you wouldn't be worth arguing with. Let's see what happens tonight... Either way... I'll go to bed being a hardcore Canucks fan. I would have too, had they lost to the Blues... It wasn't that I didn't have faith in that series, I just didn't see how they could choke so bad and then make such a comeback. :shrug: They proved me wrong. Let's hope they prove all those bandwagoners wrong tonight too. Game 7... and I am getting my haircut. :crack:

you know what? wtf are we posting in such a blasphemous thread? Ducks vs. Wild. :crack:

Good point! I won't post one more comment on here if you don't, deal? No matter what "they" may post to egg us on, let's promise to not respond in any way shape or form! Alright, I assume the deal has been made. If I see no reply to this post, I will assume you concur. Let's let this thread die.

quack quack quack

duck.jpg

Back
Top Bottom