WCF - Ducks vs Wild - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2003, 02:13 PM   #76
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener

Anaheim is all they have been built up to be. Why did they finish seventh best in the west if they have dismantled Detroit, Dallas and now are dismantling a team that beat Colorado and Vancouver?
No, no, no, no!!! You're getting me all wrong again! I agree that you can win a lot of games with hardly any offence, so long as you have a great defence, but my point is that it sucks to watch (comparative to a balanced offensive attack), and it doesn't win Stanley Cups alone. You need something else to not only send the team over the hump into championship territory, but also to entertain. Don't you find great offence entertaining? I agree it needs to be backed up with a sound defence, but to only have a sound defence is to assure absolute destruction of the enjoyment of the sport, and rarely does it win the ultimate prize (again, alone).

As for Anaheim "dismantling" Minny, keep in mind they've only won 2 games - the same number of games Colorado and Vancouver were up on Minny in their respective series. Therefore, if the Ducks are dismantling Minny right now, you would have to concede that both Colorado and Vancouver did the same.

And yes, a nice cold, Canadian malt beverage is in order. Spring 1516 is great. Granville Island Pale Ale is *yum* as well.

Old 05-13-2003, 02:16 PM   #77
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:10 PM
was minny shut out the first 2 games against colorado and vancouver?

nope

so this is more of a dismantling

Old 05-13-2003, 02:25 PM   #78
Rock n' Roll Doggie

But now you contradict yourself. You said yourself that it doesn't matter who gets more shots, etc, nor how many total goals are scored. It only matters who scores more goals each game. You said if you win, you automatically have outplayed the other team, end of story. Therefore, it doesn't matter if they were shutout or lost 15-14. A win is a win, and a loss is a loss. Also, it's a 7 game series, so it really doesn't matter when you get them and when you lose them. If you're 2 games up in the middle of the series it is no different than being 2 games up at the beginning, being a 7 game series, no?
Old 05-13-2003, 02:28 PM   #79
Blue Crack Addict

if you go back and check i said the only stat that counts is number of goals. so yes, goal differential is a stat that can be used to determine how much one team has outplayed the other.

but i agree it is a 7 game series and anything can happen, and one would be a fool to count out minny after the last 2 series. they play their best with their backs against the wall.

but so far, they have been dismantled.
Old 05-13-2003, 02:51 PM   #80
ONE
love, blood, life

We are Minnesotans - not the most positive bunch of fans (don't believe the signs you see saying "I believe" - They are lies.

We have been known to leave games early to beat the traffic - even when they are close. We have been known to chant "Superbowl, Superbowl..." minutes before a team came back and beat us in overtime to go to the Superbowl (Atlanta).

We've had two perfectly good franchises leave town due to greedy owners - and almost had another franchise taken away from us all together (due to lack of revenue and a new baseball stadium).

We've seen teams go to four superbowls, and lose each time. We have seen that same team trade awy YEARS of draft picks for a player that turned out to "just not work in the Minnesota system."

We have seen coaches take teams to the verge of a national championship - and have it all "erased" because of cheating scandals.

Sure, we have seen two world championshis from the Twins in the past *gasp* 16 years - but before that - we had only the Minneapolis (Yes, Minneapolis - do you really think they have an abundance of lakes in L.A.) Lakers to count on as a team as a world champion - in the 1950's.

We have seen miracles - but humble, hard-nosed Minnesotans don't believe. It just happens.
Old 05-13-2003, 02:58 PM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
if you go back and check i said the only stat that counts is number of goals. so yes, goal differential is a stat that can be used to determine how much one team has outplayed the other.
Ah, but the goal differential is a seperate issue from being shutout. a 1-0 win is still only a 1 goal win. A 2-0 win is only a 2 goal win. Since you said that's all you go by, shutouts are irrelevent, and therefore you're basically saying the Wild are dismantling them better the the Avs and Canucks did based on something that is irrelevent according to your previous statement. But, don't worry, Chizip. I forgive you.
Old 05-13-2003, 03:01 PM   #82
Blue Crack Addict

michael michael michael. the ducks have not outscored minny by 10%, or 50%, or 100%, or 100000000%, but by infinity%!!!! That's dismantling.
Old 05-13-2003, 03:08 PM   #83
Rock n' Roll Doggie

You weren't going by percentage. You were going by goal differential. 1 - 0 still = 1 the last time I checked
Old 05-13-2003, 03:13 PM   #84
Blue Crack Addict

which is still infinity% more than the other team
Old 05-13-2003, 03:19 PM   #85
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Actually, technically speaking:

1- 0 = 1.
1 is not = to theta (i.)
Therefore, 1 - 0 is not = to theta (i.)
Old 05-13-2003, 03:25 PM   #86
Blue Crack Addict

to figure out percentage better take high team - low team/low team

so 15-14/14 = 7.1% better

1-0/0 = infinity% better
Old 05-13-2003, 03:28 PM   #87
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Yes, I understand your little trick, Chizer, but you're still wrong! bwahaha!
Old 05-13-2003, 03:32 PM   #88
Blue Crack Addict

well if loving you is wrong i dont want to be right
Old 05-13-2003, 03:33 PM   #89
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Save it for Cujo
Old 05-13-2003, 04:43 PM   #90
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:10 PM
Math