WCF - Ducks vs Wild

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no stopping the ducks now

wavetowel.gif
wavetowel.gif
wavetowel.gif

who could have ever predicted this WCF?? pure craziness

wavetowel.gif
wavetowel.gif
wavetowel.gif

Last edited:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

congrats man, i was rooting for the ducks but now i dont know, minny is full of guts

they are both great teams with a ton, a ton of heart and it should make for a fantastic series

Actually, I am a bit worried about this first game. Those damn cheapshots, I mean the Canucks, really beat up our guys the last couple games. :wink: They have to be hurting. :( The Quackers have had a few days off to rest and heal. Both teams have momentum on their side. Hopefully, having the first couple games at home will help the Wild.

*prays, crosses fingers, washes lucky shirt to wear tomorrow*

Chizip said:
i think they should start roloson against the ducks

roloson took a pretty brutal jab to the knee last night ( :mad: BERTUZZI :mad: ) so it may very well be manny...which is cool too, they're both fantastic goal tenders.

Ducks rule...

... if they win the Stanley Cup, a new poem is going to be written... :eyebrow:

So we now have a series in which both teams extensively play the trap. The problem with that (besides from a lack of aggresively offensive hockey) is that each game, and thus the series, becomes a crapshoot. Instead of being a game of skill and will, it becomes a game of chances and luck. Whoever scores the first goal in each game the most will probably win the series.

May the luckier team win!

Last edited:
Michael Griffiths said:
So we now have a series in which both teams extensively play the trap. The problem with that (besides from a lack of aggresively offensive hockey) is that each game, and thus the series, becomes a crapshoot. Instead of being a game of skill and will, it becomes a game of chances and luck. Whoever scores the first goal in each game the most will probably win the series.

May the luckier team win!

Could you be any more vague... which series are you talking about? :wink:

I think the team with the hottest goalie will win. The Wild had 39 shot on goal and still lost. :slant:

It does come down to luck! And one minor mistake.

As for outshooting, considering they played 4 1/2 periods - 39 is not that impressive - little alone, what, 26 shots that Anaheim had. It all comes back to the Defense. Defense wins championships, Griffdawg. Defense. (let me translate for the Canadian: defence).

As I said to Lemon Merengue on the phone yesterday - The wild have not won game one in any of the series they have been in this year. :shrug:

Last edited:
Defense as well as an aggressive forecheck and great offence create dynasties though. Not one team with a quiet offence remains a constant threat over a number of years. Look at the Edmonton Oilers of the 80s, and more recently, look at Colorado and Detroit. I think the game is so much better when the offence is also brought into the philosophy. The game was meant to be about speed, skill, artistry, as well as grit and smarts. It's a combination in my mind.

zonelistener said:
It does come down to luck! And one minor mistake.

I felt the same way during Anaheim's last two series, and how "lucky" they were to win all those one-goal games. But, it works for them... and all good teams create their own luck. The Duck's system is so solid that it takes a lot to force them into a bad situation. Mistakes by them are few, so don't count on lucky bounces going in your favor... or you'll end up as a notch in Michael Eisner's belt.

Michael Griffiths said:
Defense as well as an aggressive forecheck and great offence create dynasties though. Not one team with a quiet offence remains a constant threat over a number of years. Look at the Edmonton Oilers of the 80s, and more recently, look at Colorado and Detroit. I think the game is so much better when the offence is also brought into the philosophy. The game was meant to be about speed, skill, artistry, as well as grit and smarts. It's a combination in my mind.

Dynasties are BORING!

Who wants to see the same teams win year after year? Aren't you tired of the Lakers and Yankees? I am.

I am also glad that Dallas, Colorado and Detroit are not in it - and, despite growing up less than ten miles from Continental Airlines Arena, I hope New Jersey doesn't get pass Ottawa.

As I have seen with the Minnesota Vikings, you cannot have offense alone. You need to build your team from the back to the front (defense to offense). Sure, the Oilers had the great one, but I also remember a solid defense behind him. And if you look at all of the high paid offensive powers in the NHL right now - where are they? GOLFING!

The Wild's offense will come around (as Gaborik and the other youngsters mature) - in the meantime - defense!

I have to agree with zoner here. If it were still Dallas and Detroit or Colorado playing I probably wouldnt even watch much because I'm sick of the same teams. It's nice to see a couple of underdogs come out from nowhere to make a run at the Cup. Now that is exciting. The bad thing about this series is I want them both to win, so it's hard to pick one to root for, and if they lose, hey thats good too.

And there is the old adage, "defense wins championships." Hey, if you dont give up a goal you arent gonna lose. And yes Detroit and Colorado had great offenses, but they also had great defense. I don't see why you cant build a dynasty through a great defense. I mean you can have a bad night offensively or go up against a hot goalie, so the offense may not always be there, but if you work hard you can play great defense every night.

So in conclusion, yay i dont know where i was going with this. bye.

cujo said:

The Duck's system is so solid that it takes a lot to force them into a bad situation. Mistakes by them are few, so don't count on lucky bounces going in your favor... or you'll end up as a notch in Michael Eisner's belt.

Plus they have their anamitronic goalie who created in some back lot at Disney. :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom