WCF - Ducks vs Wild - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2003, 12:32 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:22 PM
Oh, I think Crawford may have an advantage if he does something different tonight to get the Wild thinking. Like start Auld instead of Cloutier. Cloutes doesn't have time to get his confidence back right now. Put him back in for game 1 against Anaheim (should we make it), and go from there. I think Auld has *everything* to prove, and he may give the team the edge they're looking for. Hey, desperate times call for desperate measures, right?

Old 05-08-2003, 12:41 PM   #17
Elvis' Naughty Angel

Local Time: 12:22 PM
Normal

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Griffiths

Well, Angel, I posted that *right* after the game. I see you posted this morning. Slight difference. I was feeling pretty damn low last night (as I'm sure you were), and I was simply telling it like it is from that perspective.
Oh my gawd you are way too competitive. Relax Michael. You need to learn to take a joke, and actually last night, while I was pissed off, I still had faith and confidence in my team that today can and perhaps will bring new things to the ice. Ask my friend, I'll give you his #

Quote:
....I remember during the Blues series no one else believed the Canucks were going to come back after being down 3-1 (including you and Bear -- I have the quotes to prove it ), but I said they would, and they did.
No I did not, but what does that have to do with my faith for this series? The Blues were a waaaay tougher competitor so it's like comparing apples to oranges. I still think the Nucks were lucky to come thru that series... but this one? My gawd, the Wild are very tameable. The Canucks just have to want it bad enough...

Quote:
Play with some passion. That's all I ask. Play smart, also. If they do both those things, I think they'll win tonight.
Finally something I can agree with you on.

Old 05-08-2003, 12:48 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:22 AM
i think they should start roloson against the ducks
Old 05-08-2003, 01:02 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Angel

Oh my gawd you are way too competitive. Relax Michael. You need to learn to take a joke, and actually last night, while I was pissed off, I still had faith and confidence in my team that today can and perhaps will bring new things to the ice. Ask my friend, I'll give you his #

No I did not, but what does that have to do with my faith for this series? The Blues were a waaaay tougher competitor so it's like comparing apples to oranges. I still think the Nucks were lucky to come thru that series... but this one? My gawd, the Wild are very tameable. The Canucks just have to want it bad enough...

Finally something I can agree with you on.
It didn't sound like you were joking! And yes, you did say "Vancouver is done" when it was 3-1, but I won't hold it against you (I am just ribbing you by the way, but you did say that )

As for this series being easier and the Blues being a "tougher competitor," I totally disagree with you. The Wild have been a *much* tougher opponent for the Canucks. The Canucks play an offensive game, much like the Blues. They know they can win that type of game. Against the Wild, however, it's much more of a challenge because the Wild don't forcheck as much, and instead sit back and passively wait for turnovers and mistakes. They trap much more than the Blues. If I was an offensive minded team (ie, Colorado or Vancouver) I would never want to play a team like the Wild.
Old 05-08-2003, 01:05 PM   #20
Elvis' Naughty Angel

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Griffiths
And yes, you did say "Vancouve is done" when it was 3-1, but I won't hold it against you (I am just ribbing you by the way, but you did say that )
I know that I did!!! That was what I said. Quote--> 'No I did not.' as in... NO I DID NOT THINK THEY WOULD GET PASSED THE BLUES. But again, APPLES TO ORANGES Michael. Totally different team, totally different series.

I have faith (unlike the rest of their fans) that they still can get passed the Wild. And hell, if they don't, you can rub it in my naive face then.

Tooooo much testosterone in this forum.
Old 05-08-2003, 01:20 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie

No, not testosterone, just lack of communication! I apologize for not understanding that you meant you didn't think the Canucks would win instead of thinking you were denying it. My bad. I still don't think that it being a different series has any barring on having faith or not though.

Faith needs a doubt
Old 05-08-2003, 01:28 PM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

Tooooo much testosterone in this forum.

Old 05-08-2003, 01:32 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie

You know what, though? I think there has been too much testostornone on this forum for quite some time now. But that's just me...and you apparently. Anyway, Angel, no hard feelings. I think we just need to type more clearly or use smilies more often to get our true points across!
Old 05-08-2003, 01:44 PM   #24
Elvis' Naughty Angel

Always the diplomat Michael. And if didn't like ya, you wouldn't be worth arguing with. Let's see what happens tonight... Either way... I'll go to bed being a hardcore Canucks fan. I would have too, had they lost to the Blues... It wasn't that I didn't have faith in that series, I just didn't see how they could choke so bad and then make such a comeback. They proved me wrong. Let's hope they prove all those bandwagoners wrong tonight too. Game 7... and I am getting my haircut.
Old 05-08-2003, 01:52 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie

What kind of haircut are you getting? Nothing too *ahem, Wild* okay?
Old 05-08-2003, 01:59 PM   #26
Elvis' Naughty Angel

See my thread in the Lemonade Stand
Old 05-08-2003, 02:00 PM   #27
Elvis' Naughty Angel

you know what? wtf are we posting in such a blasphemous thread? Ducks vs. Wild.
Old 05-08-2003, 02:17 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Good point! I won't post one more comment on here if you don't, deal? No matter what "they" may post to egg us on, let's promise to not respond in any way shape or form! Alright, I assume the deal has been made. If I see no reply to this post, I will assume you concur. Let's let this thread die.
Old 05-08-2003, 03:32 PM   #29
Blue Crack Distributor

wink hey don't forget me! ;)

Quote:
Ducks vs. Wild.

Old 05-08-2003, 05:02 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

quack quack quack