WCF - Ducks vs Wild

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Michael Griffiths said:
Do you really think Anaheim will beat NJ (if NJ beats Ottawa)?

That's been my prediction since the Wings were ousted...

Ducks over Devils in 6.

Remember... I've been watching the Eastern Conference for the past 4 years, when Curtis was a Maple Leaf. I had ample opportunity to see how the Devils play... Anaheim was the only surprise for me at the onset of the playoffs. Even Minnesota winning wasn't that far-fetched.

cujo said:

That's been my prediction since the Wings were ousted...

Ducks over Devils in 6.
But the Devils have an even more stifling defence and a better offence than Anaheim, and Brodeur is just as good as Giggy (don't forget, Giggy was facing the hapless Wild offence, while Brodeur's been facing the 3rd best offence in the NHL). Or are you riding the Disney magic all the way?

Michael Griffiths said:

But the Devils have an even more stifling defence and a better offence than Anaheim, and Brodeur is just as good as Giggy (don't forget, Giggy was facing the hapless Wild offence, while Brodeur's been facing the 3rd best offence in the NHL). Or are you riding the Disney magic all the way?

Brodeur is a mediocre tender... I don't care about his silly stats from his 15-shot a night gig in NJ. Ottawa has a penchant for losing their scoring touch under pressure... I've seen many a goaltender handle them with ease (admittedly it's been mostly Cujo and Hasek, so I guess that's not a good analogy).

It's not Disney magic... the Ducks have the best defense by far. If you're going to limit that series down to goaltending, then that is truly a fatal error. Anaheim's success isn't from Giguere, which is what I've been saying for 2 months... does nobody listen? :wink:

And by the way, Dallas and Detroit had two of the top offences... the Ducks shut them down. NJ isn't in that caliber, and I would say Anaheim can produce just as much offence.

Re: maybe it was cause i didn't have on a bra

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I did. And the delivery guy was all leering at me. :shifty:

Oh really...

Well then, we'll just have to suspend his package delivery privileges.

PS- I'm just waiting for a "sausage" pizza joke from Griffey. Tisk Tisk.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
i did and it is getting cold. now come on over!

I thought you liked Cold play :sexywink:

PS- I'm sorry for my punmanship... it's getting out of hand.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Italians do certain "jobs" better.

Hmmm... I'm sensing a double entendr?...

I guess we're not talking about "pizza" anymore :wink:

Lilly, but I did! I was trying to figure out that stupid yahoo chat. I'm so inept when it comes to computers.

And Cujo, yes, I know the Ducks have a great defence, but I don't think it's as good as NJ's. Just look at the players the Devils have back there. Stevens, Niedemayer, etc. They are even more stiflign than the Ducks I'd say.

Michael Griffiths said:
Everyone has MSN. Tell me about it. Do you have to get that silly msn package and the whole bit? Or can you just download the chat and that's it? Im interested indeed...

Nope. All you have to do is go to the msn website and find and download the messenger. :)

*Edit: Here's a quick link.

http://messenger.msn.com/default.asp?client=1

I don't know if it'll show up, but it might be easier. :)

Last edited:
Michael Griffiths said:
Lilly, but I did! I was trying to figure out that stupid yahoo chat. I'm so inept when it comes to computers.

And Cujo, yes, I know the Ducks have a great defence, but I don't think it's as good as NJ's. Just look at the players the Devils have back there. Stevens, Niedemayer, etc. They are even more stiflign than the Ducks I'd say.

Carney is a Conn Smythe candidate... and it's not about who you got back there. It's all about the systems... have I taught you nothing Michael? :wink:

Anaheim is more disciplined, and definitely more suffocating in their style. The difference b/w NJ and Ana... forward back and forechecking. Zone transition and containment is Anaheim's game... even though NJ invented it, the Ducks perfected it.

You shall see... oh yes, and soon.

Back
Top Bottom