Wayne Gretzky comes out in support of Bush... Gretzky statue gets defaced in response

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh no, he appeals to almost every demographic, but usually for different reasons. Most of Canada finds his idiocy quite entertaining, and tune in just for that. There may be some who buy into his rants, maybe even agree with him, but I wouldn't say they, or anyone else, are any more "true Canadian" for it, as he would like you to believe.

I think most people tune in just to see MacLean exploit his weaknesses (I was going to say make a fool out of him, but he's pretty good at that on his own). Always good for a little intermission entertainment. Part of the fabric of Hocky Night In Canada. I would NOT want to see him go.

By the way...listening to Hail to the Thief right now. It surprises me just how pop this album is. Almost every track has such a musicality, such a groove to it. I love the riffs in 'Punch Up...' and the grooves in 'Wolf...'. I think my very fave is 'I Will'. The melody of 'Backdrifts' is so catchy. They weren't kidding when they called this a pop album!

all their songs are catchy! yes, even those from Kid A and Amnesiac, but I still wouldnt call them pop at any point, not that it really matters except I wouldnt want them categorized next to britney spears and celine dione

p.s., didnt Cherry go on rants about Europeans taking the jobs of North American players back in the early 90s? or am I confusing him with someone else?

Yes, that was Cherry. He didn't like the fact that Canadian junior teams were using European players because, as you put it, they apparently were taking Canadian players' jobs away. He felt that at the junior level, it should be all Canadian, if I remember.

Personally, I think that once players get to that level, they should be good enough to beat any other player to make a team, regardless of their nationality. It only adds to the competition, and therefore would only make Canadian players that much better in the long run. If our junior program was more competitive, so would be our Olympic teams and other National teams.

Good for Mr. Cherry to go with his own thoughts on the situation rather than give in to the "hip" thing to do and support the anti-war movement.

i find it ammusing that the people defend certain celebs when us republicans trash them for disagreeaing with the war when they supported non UN sanctioned actions by the Clinton administration... when these same people are the first in line to rip in to someone like gretzky or cherry for being pro-war... it really shows the true colors of the "anti-war" protesters

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom