Way To Go Red Wings!!!! Stanley Cup Winners 2001-2002 Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
[size=huge]CONGRATS TO THE DETROIT RED WINGS!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D[/size]

mdf51807.jpg

It was pretty amusing watching all the geezers celebrate. I don't think I've ever seen so many wives and children on the ice with the Stanley Cup.

I know! All the kids on the ice! It was wonderful. Watching everyone get together for the team photo was incredible! What emotion out there tonight. So different from watching the Lakers win last night.

Also, did anyone else notice Stevie and Brendan making out after Shanny scored the last goal? Ha! And Dom coming out to celebrate with them was priceless, too.

capt.1024024705stanley_cup_dta117.jpg

Last edited:
It was a great celebration! Not to mention, the game was pretty exciting, too. ;)

WooHoo to the Red Wings!

wow, I am impressed with myself. I watched the last 20 minutes of the game last night and saw the win. :D Pretty good for a non-sports person, huh?

So anyways, congrats to all you Wingers. :up:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
And now for something only us Wings/U2 fans can appreciate...

just now on the local news broadcast they showed the players skating around with the Cup, the "whoo-ooh"'s from the Influx version of Elevation playing. :D

Ha! That's great!

Detroit may be the unofficial capital of the proverbial Rust Belt, but at least its got something going for it. :tongue:

Melon

No, unfortunately I'm not going. I did go to the one in '97 though, and it was spectacular. :D

I'll have to tape tomorrow's because my dad and I are going to lunch for a belated dad's day gift. Tonight they're doing the rally for season ticket holders at the Joe. So far it's been pretty cool!

PS-I think Shanny may be handing out fun sized bars this year...Scotty announced he and his wife are expecting twins! :eeklaugh:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

PS-I think Shanny may be handing out fun sized bars this year...Scotty announced he and his wife are expecting twins! :eeklaugh:

Isn't Scotty and his wife too old to be having more children? ;)

my cousins and uncle were in town for the parade while I was in Brooklyn, NY. :( wish I could have been there. I was there in '97 and '98 and both were fun parties!

Go my Wings!

I went to the parade, and it was a lot of fun! The weather cleared up just before the parade started, which was pretty miraculous. My friend and I were standing on Woodward near Jefferson, and we had a really good view. The rally at Hart Plaza afterward was crazy! So many people in one place. Great atmosphere! It was just a ton of fun being part of it.

hmmm...that joke didn't come off very well. sorry, I figured it was Shanny.

anyone know what I'm supposed to do now that the hockey season is over and the World Cup is almost done?

Back
Top Bottom