Waxing advice - ladies only (unless you are a boy who's had a bikini wax)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good for you, Beth! I was gonna say, if you're going to get a wax, might as well go all out and have the Brazillian. Practically, it's the most bang for your buck (eyebrows can be plucked and underarms shaved). For some reason I despise pubes, maybe b/c when I still did gymnastics, some people just didn't get the picture...people, when you're wearing a leotard that's like a swim suit bottom.....yeah, anyway, if I could afford Brazillian waxes, I'd do it. Now, I've had to shave for so many years that I don't get any irritation or bumps unless I use a dull razor.

marik said:
does a brazillian even do up the ass?

They did with me!! :yikes:

Glad you took the plunge Beth! As for my eyebrows, it might look awesome, but what if I hate it? Or don't look like myself? Still considering it....

Last edited:
Seriously, people take drugs before waxing?

I never thought it was that bad. Full leg, bikini, Brazilian - it really doesn't hurt that much and it's over in a second. The reason the bikini area hurts more isn't that the skin is so much more sensitive, but because the roots are that much thicker.

Mrs. Edge said:

They did with me!! :yikes:

Glad you took the plunge Beth! As for my eyebrows, it might look awesome, but what if I hate it? Or don't look like myself? Still considering it....

I'd be surprised if you hated it - you do want to go somewhere reputable, ideally someone you know who has had it done at a salon and been happy with it (and has matching eyebrows). I did have one bad experience where my skin was ripped off and I had scabs for a few weeks - but I think it was more related to acne medication I was on at the time (made my skin very thin and flaky). Worst case, if it's not your thing, they will be back to the way they were in 4-6 weeks...

Expreienced waxers can accomadate your request, from pencil thin to just basic shaping and cleaning up the strays.

I always thought my eyebrows were fine before the first time I got them waxed. Now I can't believe I waited so long to do it. I'm almost embarrassed at old pictures of myself. I stay on top of things and pluck the strays as they grow back in, so I have only been needing to have them waxed three or four times a year. I'm so glad I finally decided to have it done.

~The Converted

Last edited:
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Eyebrow waxes rock. I love the girl who does mine. :heart:

As for the other stuff... I keep things in order, but yeah... I's scared of that. :yikes:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one.... :reject:

pax said:
God put hair down there for a reason, ladies.

And gentlemen. :madspit:

Anyone ever see The Vagina Monologues?

Unfortunately, God blessed some of us with a bit more hair than is necessary and people freak out if you look like you're wearing a toupe under your bikini bottoms!

And I think most men are okay with an unwaxed but well maintained um..area. I'm sure there are a few guys who prefer the bald eagle look but most guys are just happy to be there :wink:

perhaps you get your hands on a couple of vicodin before you have a brazilian wax done.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
If you can let a stranger rip your pubic hair out of your most private area and up your ass, why would it be so weird to have your eyebrows waxed?:huh:

:laugh:

It has nothing to do with pain or embarrassement, it's that I don't want to look UGLY! What if they do it wrong, etc etc. My face is considerably more visible than my nether regions. :sexywink:

Last edited:
I know the first time I got my brows waxed, I was nervous I would be left with no eyebrows. I had a good conversation about what I wanted, she told me what she thought would work with my eye shape and facial structure.

She only took off a little bit , just to give my brows some definition and a slight arch.

Actually, the next time I went back, I asked her to take off more to further define my brows.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
As for the other stuff... I keep things in order, but yeah... I's scared of that. :yikes:

Me too. I have the most sensitive skin in the world and get rashes (everwhere :yikes: ) everytime I shave, no matter what I do. I tried depilatory cream (one for sensitive skin even) and it burned my skin off when I'd had it on for less than five minutes. Waxing took off my skin as well. I just put up with the shaving irritation because I'd rather be rashy than bloody and oozing. :yuck:

Short rant:
Anyone who is vain enough to wax (unless they are allergic to hair removal cream or shaving) inflicts their own pain on themselves - so they shouldn't whine, it serves 'em bloody well right. Sorry, but that's how I feel! I'm not fond of being hairy... but if I was vain enough to put myself through constant waxing, I'd shoot myself for being an idiot with no life.

daafish said:
perhaps you get your hands on a couple of vicodin before you have a brazilian wax done.
Vicodin wouldn't do - you'd need a labotomy to be that much of a prat.

Okay, I've probably offended everyone now, so I'm off to cower in some ingenious hiding place within the forum.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

stupid. plain stupid. you have perfect eyebrows. i have really watched girls who were exaggerating the eyebrow thing. ripping the hairs out! (doesn´t that hurt?)

..i don´t like girls without eyebrows.
AMEN BROTHER!

:wink:

Last edited:
sallycinnamon78 said:
Short rant:
Anyone who is vain enough to wax (unless they are allergic to hair removal cream or shaving) inflicts their own pain on themselves - so they shouldn't whine, it serves 'em bloody well right. Sorry, but that's how I feel! I'm not fond of being hairy... but if I was vain enough to put myself through constant waxing, I'd shoot myself for being an idiot with no life.

Okay, I've probably offended everyone now, so I'm off to cower in some ingenious hiding place within the forum.

Glad to know how you feel :up:

Signed,

vain idiot with no life :|

Back
Top Bottom