Wasilla, Alaska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, yeah, that's what I meant. Forcing you guys to associate with a particular party just so you can vote is something I don't even understand the logistics of. Why? Of what benefit is this, beyond numbers? If you had a neutral national electoral roll with everyone's ID up to date there'd be no need for this. It'd be wholly optional for those who are keen to do whatever they do with their parties. I dunno. Maybe our system wouldn't work in a country of your size. I do really like Australia's voting practice.
you can vote without being registered for a party, you can be independent or unregistered. you just can't vot ein a party's primary in a lot of states unless you're a registered member. fair i think.

It amazes me that they call predictable states as soon as they close, without anything counted. Hell, they don't even call predictable electorates here until at least some percentage is counted.

... though I have seen them call obvious ones on like 0.7%, heh.
it is really obvious ones though. even SC is kinda obvious and they held back for ages.

It amazes me that they call predictable states as soon as they close, without anything counted. Hell, they don't even call predictable electorates here until at least some percentage is counted.

... though I have seen them call obvious ones on like 0.7%, heh.

I love that they called South Carolina with Obama up by 3000 votes.

I know why they did it, it just looked funny.

:sad:

everyone in my house voted for obama!! what the hell!!! goddamnit!!!

your house isn't big enough!!!!!!!! your house should be big enough to make a difference!!!!!!

oh, and ian, and the americans, you guys all watching the stewart/colbert show tonight? i am secretly in love with jon stewart. i want to have sarcastic little babies with him who have the best worst laugh on tv.

:cute:

Thanks, yeah, that's what I meant. Forcing you guys to associate with a particular party just so you can vote is something I don't even understand the logistics of. Why? Of what benefit is this, beyond numbers? If you had a neutral national electoral roll with everyone's ID up to date there'd be no need for this. It'd be wholly optional for those who are keen to do whatever they do with their parties. I dunno. Maybe our system wouldn't work in a country of your size. I do really like Australia's voting practice.

Yeah, I don't get it either. I've already made no secret that I think Australia's voting system is fantastic. I may criticise the country a lot, but the electoral system is possibly as close to ideal as you'll get. I feel so lost voting in New Zealand, since I can't allocate preferences. :(

I'm planning on watching Th Daily Show, as long as someone reminds me when it comes on. I need a laugh out of this

(Looks like I'm staying guys :lol: I'm addicted to watching the little numbers on the tv change)

Yeah, I don't get it either. I've already made no secret that I think Australia's voting system is fantastic. I may criticise the country a lot, but the electoral system is possibly as close to ideal as you'll get. I feel so lost voting in New Zealand, since I can't allocate preferences. :(

I'll love MMP if it fucks National.

your house isn't big enough!!!!!!!! your house should be big enough to make a difference!!!!!!

oh, and ian, and the americans, you guys all watching the stewart/colbert show tonight? i am secretly in love with jon stewart. i want to have sarcastic little babies with him who have the best worst laugh on tv.

:cute:
ugh i can tell! stupid fucking redneck hicks. "well golly gee i ain't voting no....wait i should stop. i'm about to say something that's extremely racist. i don't believe it but hicks? who knows.

ugh i can tell! stupid fucking redneck hicks. "well golly gee i ain't voting no....wait i should stop. i'm about to say something that's extremely racist. i don't believe it but hicks? who knows.

What about those 91% of people voting for someone based on....no I've said too much.

What about those 91% of people voting for someone based on....no I've said too much.
people need to start voting based on whether or not their vote will have me punching them in the face in response.

i guess i need to start going to polling stations across the state threatening voters to vote blue.

I'm watching C-SPAN. I'm enjoy the call in people. It's kinda fun hearing people explain why they voted for who.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom