Wasilla, Alaska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OHHHHH!!! :der: yes you have to be registered to vote :doh:

Sorry :D I wasn't very clear. So in registration, they'd know Ashley XXX of (address) is registered XXX party. And you need a registration card (?) from said party to attend a polling booth? But you can still write down who ever you want on your ballot, like Donald Duck, if you wanted to donkey it and waste your time? Why don't you just have a national electoral roll?? Make it easy!

Meanwhile BBC just ticked 16-3.
yeah but that's not news, they will both get more than 16 by the end of the night.

it's when a swing state is called that it's news

like, right now cnn is projecting 8 states for obama, but no surprises at all.

Anna can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think she's referring to how you guys register a party affiliation - something completely foreign to those of us here.

As I understand it, you're only required to be registered to vote in party primaries in some (not all) states.

Ok wait :lol:. I don't remember now if I had to...but I do know that at least when I have to vote by absentee ballot, I have to click off which party I support. Seems quite unfair since I'm an independent.

Sorry :D I wasn't very clear. So in registration, they'd know Ashley XXX of (address) is registered XXX party. And you need a registration card (?) from said party to attend a polling booth? But you can still write down who ever you want on your ballot, like Donald Duck, if you wanted to donkey it and waste your time? Why don't you just have a national electoral roll?? Make it easy!
d0nald duck?

WOOOOOOOT!!!!

ahem...yes, you can write in whoever you want. last time a seat in the senate (i think?) was unopposed with only a republican on the ballot. i couldn't bring myself to vote for them so i wrote myself in. then i got in my car and listened to the demo of twilight.

FINALLY someone's mentioning the referendums up for vote in this area. i've no idea how any of those are doing because they're not talking about them.

Speaking of those, any word on Prop 8? I know CA's polls haven't closed yet, but still, any word?

Anna can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think she's referring to how you guys register a party affiliation - something completely foreign to those of us here.

As I understand it, you're only required to be registered to vote in party primaries in some (not all) states.

Thanks, yeah, that's what I meant. Forcing you guys to associate with a particular party just so you can vote is something I don't even understand the logistics of. Why? Of what benefit is this, beyond numbers? If you had a neutral national electoral roll with everyone's ID up to date there'd be no need for this. It'd be wholly optional for those who are keen to do whatever they do with their parties. I dunno. Maybe our system wouldn't work in a country of your size. I do really like Australia's voting practice.

this will happen on the hour ever hour as predictable states close

It amazes me that they call predictable states as soon as they close, without anything counted. Hell, they don't even call predictable electorates here until at least some percentage is counted.

... though I have seen them call obvious ones on like 0.7%, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom