Wasilla, Alaska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You answered for me, and your answer covers it so I won't add anything except to say that, while it's outdated, and it needs to change, and while people will resist this change, I don't believe it will survive past this or the next election.
i really hope it does. it needs to. didn't both the 00 and 04 elections have the dem nominee winning in popular votes but bush won the electoral votes? i know that was the case in 04, but i can't remember in 00, i know that one was tight and fucked up. i still wish i could've voted.

Still, shame how some bumfuck half-illiterate hick who hates teh ghey is voting in Mississippi while well-educated and informed people such as Ian, Anna, and myself are just sitting here hoping that there isn't a clusterfuck and maybe the world will get back on track now.
i know! i swear, we need to like have a test for those who want to register.

great, sc went to mccain. not surprised, but still :doh:

I'm hoping we stay the way we always have :p.

Now that they've turned their back on me in regards to the governor though, I can't imagine they won't turn my back on me with the rest of it as well.

Hey is senate every 2 years, or six?
let me know if you want me to kill anyone.

it's every six years i think.

Personally, I don't see how abolishing the electoral college would succeed in Congress. There are more than enough people there with vested interests in keeping it to shoot down any such bill.

And what would replace it? A straight first-past-the-post popular vote is pretty much just as bad. I recommend Australia's preferential system to everyone. God, it's great.

i really hope it does. it needs to. didn't both the 00 and 04 elections have the dem nominee winning in popular votes but bush won the electoral votes? i know that was the case in 04, but i can't remember in 00, i know that one was tight and fucked up. i still wish i could've voted.

Oh yeah, Gore definitely won (ON BOTH COUNTS :angry: ) in 00, but I'm pretty sure that Kerry got blown out of the water on both counts.

Personally, I don't see how abolishing the electoral college would succeed in Congress. There are more than enough people there with vested interests in keeping it to shoot down any such bill.

And what would replace it? A straight first-past-the-post popular vote is pretty much just as bad. I recommend Australia's preferential system to everyone. God, it's great.

I actually have no idea what the best option would be. But gah it needs to GTFO

hmm...should i keep watching cbs or switch to cnn. i really hate katie couric.

k, i just answered my own question. i'll wait a few till after the polls close though.

OHHHHH!!! :der: yes you have to be registered to vote :doh:

Anna can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think she's referring to how you guys register a party affiliation - something completely foreign to those of us here.

As I understand it, you're only required to be registered to vote in party primaries in some (not all) states.

Anna can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think she's referring to how you guys register a party affiliation - something completely foreign to those of us here.

As I understand it, you're only required to be registered to vote in party primaries in some (not all) states.
oh. i don't believe we have that in tennessee (when i registered no one asked me my party affiliation, it's not listed on my card) we have that. but for those who do i think they just ask "republican, democrat, or independent?" when you register.

here they ask when you vote, if it's for the primaries. but when i voted in the presidential election no one asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom