Was there a toy you wanted really bad as a kid and never got?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Desire4Bono

Refugee
living in a rock and roll fantasy- and what's wron
For me it was a cotton candy machine. My Mom never bought it because she thought it was messy. It always bugged me because I wished so hard for it. Was there ever one special toy you wanted so bad but you never got? What was it? Also, would you buy yourself one now if you had the chance to find one?

I had a sit 'n spin.

I always wanted that betty crocker cake maker thingy though and never got one. :grumpy:

I had one of those Easy Bake ovens ... it didn't work very well (as a rule, I don't think cooking with a lightbulb is a good idea).

I always wanted a Rainbow Brite doll and never got one.

I had most of the Rainbow Brite dolls... I was crazy about that stuff.

I always wanted one of those HUGE trampolines......but the yard was too small for one.

Always wanted a Barbie mansion too....wished for it every chance I got....never got it.:mad:

I always thought Ree Yees was the quintessential Star Wars figure, and I never got my hands on one as a kid. I wasn't able to find a vintage one until earlier this year (which I bought, of course).

I did not ever get shit because my brother and I have birhtday and there was never enough money to get us both cool shit.

I wanted that damn Snoopy SnowCone machine.

It was red and white with a lever that you twirl round and round and then it makes somewhat watery snowcones.

It was the coolest, nonetheless!!!!!!! :lol:

I wanted one of those snoopy machines too ... my parents wouldn't get it for me cause they didn't want me eating more sugar than I already did.

I badly wanted a Baby Alive doll...you mixed up powdered "baby food" with water and the doll actually ate it. You could also give it a bottle. The best part (in my opinion as a 5 year old) was that after you fed it, the baby pooped! My friend had one and even though it made a really disturbing mechanical sound when it ate, I wanted one SOOO bad!

Every time I asked for it, my mean mom would say "I'm not buying you any doll that shits its pants" and I never got one. :sad:

I cant think of a toy that i ever really wanted but My Dad bought me a train and cars cause my little brother didnt like them so I had this REALLY cool Thomas The Tank engine train set and i loved it and this little yellow car and there was a driver infront and you pushed his head down and it popped up and the car flew accross the room...heheh

Then I had a massssiiiive BIG YELLOW TEAPOT with people inside and a jasper car my aunt got me one year(a blue car u sit inside and peddle yourself aboot)

I had a barbie doll and tiny tears but when i was 6 i tried to flush tiny tears doll away and cut all the hair from my barbie doll...i was a naughty kid :|

One of those big toy cars that you can actually drive around in.

I wanted one of those kid cashier things where you run the fake item over the scanner and it beeps just like a real cash register :rolleyes: I might buy one now, but I'm old enough to actually get a job as a cashier if I really wanted to.. ;)

*Edited because I messed up the :rolleyes: face and put :rolleyes
:)

Last edited:
What is really fun is when you have small kids in your family ... because you can buy them all of the really fun toys you never got to have as a child ... and maybe the kid will let you play with them.

ty1147.jpg

A trampoline!!!!!!!

And I STILL want one!!!!!!!!

But I had so much other stuff as a kid that I really can't complain.

A toy car you could ride around in.

I had a Barbie Dream House thing.. but it was really cheap -- lots of cardboard. :madspit: And my cats loved it, sat in all the rooms and then they broke it.

[color=royal blue]I have 2 nieces, 3, and 18months. I play with all the toys we have for them at our house :) SIT N SPIN INCLUDED.[/color]

"Some kids go, 'whoo whoo' when they sit and spin" remember that commercial?

I always wanted one of those swing sets with a catwalk and a lookout tower on top. I had a swing set but not like that.

elevatedmole said:

I had a Barbie Dream House thing.. but it was really cheap -- lots of cardboard. :madspit: And my cats loved it, sat in all the rooms and then they broke it.

*lol*!!!!!

Well being a child of the 80's I had a lot of the Voltron figures, Transformers too but for some reason my parents never got me Robotech toys. Robotech was one o the popular japanese cartoons of the 80's and had really cool toys. I wanted the cycle that turned into armour and the jet fighters. I never got them. Oh well.

Sadly a lot of my cool toys were lost when my father and I moved out of our old house when he divorced my mom. I don't know how it happened but it really messed with me for years afterwards.

I guess back then I put too much emotional attatchment to my life as a kid wwhen my parents were together. So my toys were symbolic of the happiness I had. I had dreams where I would try to go back to our old house and try to find my toys.

Another thing is that a lot of the toys i played with and owned then are worth a lot of money on ebay.

I tried to look up some of the toys I owned and they go for a lot of money.

I wanted a talking Stacie doll (Barbie's British cousin in the 60's) but no one would buy me one because they went haywire so fast. I got other Barbies but not that one. I wanted an Incredible Edibles bug maker, where you could pour goo in the molds and make bugs. Some of them glowed in the dark and some you could eat. My parents thought it was so gross.

I was working at JC Penney in the toy dept. in 1984 when the Cabbage Patch kids came in. We employees weren't supposed to save them for ourselves, but I stuffed one in the stockroom because my neice (Autumn) wanted one so bad. It was a blonde haired one with braids named Zara. I got away with it! :D

My daughter wants a trampoline now and bugs me all the time. I haven't bought one because I don't have much room for it, and I'm afraid of being sued if some kid sneaks in the yard while I'm gone, falls off and breaks its fool neck. This is not outrageous in my neigborhood. People have sued over pears falling off a tree hitting a truck, dogs snapping at someone (even though the dog was antagonized) and someone getting their toe stuck in the crack of a board on a neighbor's deck. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom