Warning: Kissing can kill!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eliv8

Refugee
Teen With Peanut Allergy Dies After Kiss

SAGUENAY, Quebec - A 15-year-old girl with a peanut allergy died after kissing her boyfriend, who had just eaten a peanut butter snack, hospital officials said Monday.

Christina Desforges died in a Quebec hospital Wednesday after doctors were unable to treat her allergic reaction to the kiss the previous weekend.

Desforges, who lived in Saguenay, about 155 miles north of Quebec City, was almost immediately given a shot of adrenaline, a standard tool for treating the anaphylactic shock brought on by a peanut allergy, officials said.

An autopsy was being performed. Dr. Nina Verreault, an allergist at the Chicoutimi Hospital in Saguenay, declined to comment on the case.

The symptoms of peanut allergy can include hives, plunging blood pressure and swelling of the face and throat, which can block breathing.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051128/ap_on_re_ca/canada_deadly_kiss

I saw that:yikes::sad:

horrible news day:( that 76 year old lady mauled to death by her neighbors dogs..and that 20 year old that beat his whole family to death with a pipe on thanksgiving:sad: ...just horrible.

wow :(

One of the little girls I used to babysit had a classmate with a peanut allergy so no one could ever bring snacks to share or have peanut butter sandwiches (I guess the reaction can be trigered through the air or touch, not necessarily eating).

I hate all nuts and won't kiss if Phil's been eating them (and licorice too), but I'm not allergic.

Dismantled said:
I saw that:yikes::sad:

horrible news day:( that 76 year old lady mauled to death by her neighbors dogs..and that 20 year old that beat his whole family to death with a pipe on thanksgiving:sad: ...just horrible.

"And still your fingers on your lips, I pray.
The time is out of joint: O cursed spite"

Wm Shakespeare

This is a very very sad story

for all involved.

When I heard this a few days back I kept hearing the N O song.

It was very popular - in its day.

I always thought it was a sad, beautiful song

I said let’s go out and have some fun
I know, you know, we believe in a land of love
I know, you know, we believe in a land of love

When you are alone at night
You search yourself for all the things
That you believe are right
If you give it all away
You throw away your only chance to be here today
Then a fight breaks out on your street
You lose another broken heart in a land of meat
My friend, he took his final breath
Now I know the perfect kiss is the kiss of death

New Order - Perfect Kiss

I think Mrs. Edge can attest to how dangerous this is...I heard a rumor that she blew up like a melon when Cydewaze pecked her cheek aboard a flight after he snacked on peanuts (the real traveler's meal!) of which she is dangerously allergic....Medic!!! :yikes:

My father almost died twice of anaphylactic shock (to beta-lactam antibiotics), and it's incredibly scary.

I'm allergic to nuts, but I do not have anaphylaxis. I did end up in the ER once where I had really bad throat swelling and my heart was just beating through my chest. I would not like to repeat that experience, that's for sure.

I had a horse that was allergic to bee stings. I went out to the barn one day and found him dripping with sweat and gasping for air (and I had seen him just a couple of minutes before and he was fine). We were able to keep him going until the vey got there (the vet told us what to do in the meantime). And from then on we always had a syringe ready where ever we took him, just in case.

Very scary.

This case, of course, is far worse. How very sad for everyone.

We had a guest at work go into anaphylactic shock due to a seafood allergy a couple weeks back... seafood allergy, and a healthy dose of kitchen-staff incompetence, mixed with a healthy bit of ignorance on her part. The snack that the kitchen sent up to the bar was 'bacon wrapped scallops', which they had the paperwork indicating they shouldn't prepare it. Then it went out to the guests without any sort of indication of its contents. Then she had one without asking/knowing what it was. Although, the thing that gets me, is that very few food products are naturally small, round, white, cylindrical/ovaloid shaped, and smell of the sea. But it wasn't her fault, she trusted that we wouldn't put anything like that out there, and we did... *shrug*

She lived, of course. Kinda put a damper on the rest of her conference, though. We also had somebody choke earlier today. As far as I'm concerned, though, if you manage to fit half a bun into your mouth and swallow it without chewing, and are suprised when it gets stuck... well... that's just Darwinism at work. Allergies are one thing, but poor table manners and idiocy are quite another.

Mr. BAW said:
I think Mrs. Edge can attest to how dangerous this is...I heard a rumor that she blew up like a melon when Cydewaze pecked her cheek aboard a flight after he snacked on peanuts (the real traveler's meal!) of which she is dangerously allergic....Medic!!! :yikes:

Wow! It's scary and incredible how quickly the reaction occurs. My father's tongue would swell almost immediately. After he took the medication it would be about 10 mins before it really started working. Very intense times we had going through that.

Back
Top Bottom