Warning: An Epidemic Is Spreading

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has just issued an urgent warning about BARS.

A newly identified problem has spread rapidly throughout the world. The disease, identified as BARS (Beer & Alcohol Requirement Syndrome) affects people of many different ages. Believed to have started in Ireland in 1500 BC, the disease seems to affect people who congregate in pubs and taverns or who just congregate.

It is not known how the disease is transmitted but approximately three billion people world-wide are affected, with thousands of new cases appearing every day. Early symptoms of the disease include an uncontrollable urge at 5:00pm to consume a beer or alcoholic beverage.

This urge is most keenly felt on Fridays. More advanced symptoms of the disease include talking loudly, singing off-key, aggression, heightened sexual attraction/confidence (even towards fuglies), uncalled for laughter, uncontrollable dancing and unprovoked arguing.

In the final stages of the disease, victims are often cross-eyed, and speak incoherently. Vomiting, loss of memory, loss of balance, loss of clothing and loss of virginity can also occur. Sometimes death ensues, usually accompanied by the victim shouting,

"Hey Fred, bet you can't do this!"

or

"Wanna see how fast it goes??"

If you develop any of these symptoms, it is important that you quarantine yourself in a pub with fellow victims until last call or all the symptoms have passed. Sadly, it is reported that the disease can reappear at very short notice or at the latest, on the following Friday.

Side effects for survivors include bruising, broken limbs, lost property, killer headaches and divorce.

On the up side, there is not, and probably never will be, a permanent cure.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
:reject: and you know it is bad when you have to pass your cell phone around and ask others to dial the number for you because you can't dial it properly.

:laugh:
done that before :lol:
:der:

BARS? I used to get it. After it's nearly killed you it's not nearly so funny.

Sober for 10+ years

Sorry, but I thought someone should say it.

what a hoot

Must be college age....I can remember that stuff...'cept the guys used to call us at the house when they were half in the bag. I remember one night being out and some guy kept poking fun of me for being nice and trying to get me to say the word :censored: Of course he called the party line when we walked in. We called it the party line becaue we had 5 girls in off campus house with one phone line and 2 hand sets. Phone always rang when we came in and was right by my room...usually more than once so I answered that second call before calling D******* to the phone, since we had call waiting. I was switch randomly between the conversations wit the flash button so D******* never knew who she was talking to on the other phone...
It was the most hilarious set of phone conversations I have ever heard in my life. She ended up giving totally inappropriate comeons..directions to the house etc. to people she had no idea she was even talking to. :lmao: :lmao:

I love call waiting.:lmao: :lmao:

(I only called and hung up when I was drunk :tongue: )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom