Want to try out the DOVES

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catman

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I'm hearing a lot of stuff on these boards about Doves, so I'm thinking I'm missing out by not giving these blokes a listen. Any song recommendations for a potential Doves fan?

Thanks in advance!
-Ryan

Catman said:
I'm hearing a lot of stuff on these boards about Doves, so I'm thinking I'm missing out by not giving these blokes a listen. Any song recommendations for a potential Doves fan?

Thanks in advance!
-Ryan

its kind of OK..better than average pop...but I dont think you are missing a lot !!

I have heard Lost Souls..and it is good !!

caught by the river
satellites
pounding
almost forgot myself (not released yet)
snowden (not released yet)
one of these days (not released yet)
someday soon (not released yet)
walk in fire (not released yet)

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
Just buy Lost Souls. :drool:

A good suggestion. :up:

Last Broadcast is good too though, people really seem to be either way on which they like more. I personally think Lost Souls is far and away the best place to start.

u2popmofo said:

Last Broadcast is good too though, people really seem to be either way on which they like more. I personally think Lost Souls is far and away the best place to start.

I bought Last Broadcast when it first came out and although I really like it, I didn't like it enough to run out and buy Lost Souls. Maybe I should have started with that one -- and maybe I should still get it.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

My favorite song off of Lost Souls is Rise.

mine too. i was just going to suggest that.

My favorites in addition to Rise

Sea Song
Darker
Here It Comes
The Man Who Told Everything
Catch The Sun
Pounding
Words
Satellites
the sulphur man
hit the ground running

then there is Space Face.....

joyfulgirl said:

I bought Last Broadcast when it first came out and although I really like it, I didn't like it enough to run out and buy Lost Souls. Maybe I should have started with that one -- and maybe I should still get it.

:yes:

Lost Souls is probably my favourite album by any band.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

My favorite song off of Lost Souls is Rise.

mine too....actually it's my fav doves song period. they are definately in my top 5 bands of all time. definately my fav right now. like you couldn't tell from my avatar.

pesonally i think that the last broadcast would be a better album to start out with. with songs like pounding and CBTR it's a little more user friendly so to speak.

but if you wanna checkout certain songs first:
rise
catch the sun
the cedar room
sea song
break me gently
here it comes
last broadcast (the song :wink: )
pounding
satellites
caught by the river
there goes the fear
sulphur man
words
black and white town

i didn't list any others from come cities cause it's not released yet but if you wannna d/l them ahead of time try one of these days, snowden and walk in fire :drool:

u2popmofo said:

IMHO...i think last broadcast was the better album in it's entirety but lost souls has better individual songs.

either one will be fine. neither will disappoint.

personally i would suggest the last broadcast cause like i said it's a little more user friendly and has a few songs that are a little more mainstream so to speak than lost souls. that's what i found about them when i first became a fan. :shrug:

but it's totally up to you...like i said neither album will disappoint. i :heart: them both equally.

or you can wait til some cities comes out march 1. although i haven't heard all of it people are saying it's a nice mix of the best bits of both their albums. :wink:

i'm not much of a help, am I? :reject:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom