want to expand my music choices - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 01-05-2004, 11:24 AM   #16
New Yorker
Local Time: 10:28 AM
Ok, i'm just copying and pasting my 'besides u2 what do you listen to' reply...it essentially meets the criteria you were looking for. Yes, I'm lazy. There are some American ones in here, but good ones you should check out anyway.

Doves, Starsailor, Elbow, Mojave 3, Neil Halstead, Slowdive, Nick Drake, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, the Delgados, Beth Orton, Ed Harcourt, Idlewild, the Verve, Super Furry Animals, Bell x1, Damien Rice, Snow Patrol, the Charlatans, the Frames, Mull Historical Society, South, Coldplay, REM, Radiohead, Over the Rhine, Ben Harper, Chemical Brothers, Cornerstones, I am Kloot, Ryan Adams, Jesse Malin, Joseph Arthur, Massive Attack, Melaton, Mercury Rev, Nada Surf, Reindeer Section, Stars, Buffseeds, David Kitt, ESP, My Morning Jacket, Oasis, Jeff Buckley, Morrissey, the Smiths, David Kitt, Royskopp, MSP, Spiritualized, Tom McRae, A Northern Chorus, Josh Rouse, Budapest, Sigur Ros...

Old 01-05-2004, 09:35 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 09:28 AM
Originally posted by pepokiss

Not exactly european
all i got for you that's new (well, they split up in 97) and amazing is a Japanese (rock and roll at its best) band called X JAPAN

just go an download Tears (10:30 min) if you want to cry, or Rusty Nail or Dahlia you wanna rock

you can't go wrong with them
I love X-Japan (Yoshiki is one of the best drummers ever), but they aren't a band easy to listen... are they... metal? glam? pop? j-rock? j-pop?... they are not a very conventional band

anyway, they were a great and emotional band, with a tragical end

my favorite song: Crucify My Love