Wanna a Quality movie? See..The Whale Rider

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
Just got back w/my girls and their friends..
Good movie.
Great message of empowerment and overcoming obstacles.

db9
:larry:

Red Ships of Scalla-Festa said:
i saw catch me if you can tonite.

i must admit, it makes me want to take advantage of people.

i saw that too.
u remind me of the lead character, u trickster u.:sexywink:

DB9

how to be in two places at once?

I had plans to go see Whale Rider at our quaint little beach cinema here today. But then I found out a band I have been wanting to see/hear for ages are playing this afternoon at a fundraiser for a local Preschool..with monster raffles!! I would like to win a monster...
decisons , decisons

I heard the man that movie "Catch Me if You Can " is based on interviewed on the radio a few months ago,. Scary indeed. he made it sound simple. I was also a bit taken aback by his lack of remorse.
Movie or music? eni meni mini mo........

Re: how to be in two places at once?

cass said:

I heard the man that movie "Catch Me if You Can " is based on interviewed on the radio a few months ago,. Scary indeed. he made it sound simple. I was also a bit taken aback by his lack of remorse.

It would have been alot simpler back then, nowhere near the kind of security measures we have now in any and everything. He did serve his time and now works with the goverment to catch other crooks like himself, so he may just feel like he's done his part for what he has done :shrug:

Whale Rider sounds excellent :up:

actually he said, in his opinion, the more people use electronic banking etc. the easier it gets.

I watched the Whale Rider. It's an excellent movie; had me crying buckets right at the start even! The acting is awesome. Apparently when they were auditioning kids at her (the girl who plays the lead) school, she didn't apply but they asked her to try it out. They asked her if she could swim and she said yes even though she couldn't!

foray

WHALE_RIDER,_THE.JPG
:larry: :)

Last edited:
I just got back from seeing The Whalerider
Quality indeed. The drama of the birth, the photgraphy( the baby's eye), the setting, the people. Powerfully beautiful.
My dad used to "barrey" me on his bike like that. He also was disappointed I was a girl and was hard to please, so yep, I cried a lot too foray. Hub commented how much the location reminded him of my home town. That scene with the sand whipping along the beach, I could feel the sting on my legs. Wonderful.
I loved the strength of the matriach, letting the old man believe he was the "boss" and the girl, giving her speech through her tears of disappointment.
A lot is to be lost if the old cultures aren't rescued from the brink. But they also need to not be trapped in rigid tradition and evolve.

anyway...:up: I could easily watch it again.

beautiful girl

"Keisha's performance never fails to move," agrees Producer Tim Sanders. "She plays the role with an emotional sincerity that is extremely rare in one so young. She has a natural talent and an absolute ability to wring emotion from her scenes and a true commitment to the role. "

"I think Keisha is a star, she's got a great future," adds Producer John Barnett. "For somebody who's never acted before, the maturity and the emotion that she brings to this is remarkable - you really feel she's inside the skin of Pai."

"I've always wanted to be an actor," Keisha admits. "But I think recently I changed my decision. I thought 'I can't be an actor, I can't'. Then this film came up and it was like someone saying to me, 'You can, don't give up'. "

Attachments

• 3580whale_rider.jpg
    3580whale_rider.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 12
P? atarau
E moea iho nei
E haere ana
Koe ki p?mamao

Haere r?
Ka hoki mai an?
Ki i te tau
E tangi atu nei