Wank, Bavaria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC00038.jpg

Oooh, I rather like that shot! :up:

And with that, I'm off, enjoy and have fun, everyone! :wave:

You know you want to waste more of the early morning with us. :wink:

Thanks for the pictures! Have a good night! :wave:

(If you read this before you sign off: are you busy tomorrow?)

You guys have Mobil down there? I didn't know that.

Yep, though I don't seem to see it around Australia as much as I see it around New Zealand.

It cracked me up when I saw a chain of petrol stations in eastern TN and GA called Kangaroo.

Hi/Bye Maj.! :wave:

Heheh... taking pictures while driving is interesting. I've taken a couple like that... once I think when I was on the entry ramp to the freeway and you couldn't see it for fog, and another of this truck that was piled massively high with hay bales or something.

So, I'm just doing some editing on Wikipedia, and I swear, the Taonui Branch has the most insubstantial route map I'm ever likely to do! :lol:

Compare it to something like the route map for the Ross Branch, which was really tedious to do ...

:nerd:

But alas, the job is done for today. Only six more days of that.

That really sucks. I wish it would rain here, it's nasty hot.

I'm just nerding around, editing Wikipedia and shit. Thinking about sleep. Yourself?

Not too much, nerding around, editing my Retro Island list :lol:

I just got my Rolling Stone in the mail.....Seriously?
Re: Chris Martin:
CHRIS MARTING: Confessions of an Anxious Rock God.

It was hot enough that I removed my shirt in about twelve seconds.

In the last five years, I think only three people have seen me shirtless. Hell, probably only that same number have seen me wearing shorts or a t-shirt.

Mainly due to self-consciousness over eczema though, and the albinism: wearing long sleeves and trousers avoids needing to put on sunblock. After living in Queensland for so long, I can wear long-sleeved shirts and trousers in just about any weather. I would even wear my blazer to high school in 30+C weather regularly.

Do you edit more about trains or about Porcupine Tree?

I don't know if I've ever edited a single Porcupine Tree article. If I have, it's only been to correct a spelling mistake. I've edited a fair chunk of U2 songs with setlist data, but I only do that as I come across songs without data rather than as a conscious effort.

New Zealand's railways and geography are my main focus. I'm one of the most active New Zealand Railways editors.

OK, am I reading the headlines wrong, or is the recent US Supreme Court ruling on the second amendment bad news for those of us who are anti-guns? I can't be bothered venturing into an FYM thread on the matter because the pro-gun advocates infuriate me beyond words.

In the last five years, I think only three people have seen me shirtless. Hell, probably only that same number have seen me wearing shorts or a t-shirt.

Mainly due to self-consciousness over eczema though, and the albinism: wearing long sleeves and trousers avoids needing to put on sunblock. After living in Queensland for so long, I can wear long-sleeved shirts and trousers in just about any weather. I would even wear my blazer to high school in 30+C weather regularly.

I'm a fortunate exception to the general Irish rule about sunburn. I really don't get it, and when I do, I can't feel it. Maybe that's because I lack the soul to feel pain. I don't know.

My mother has eczema, usually she gets it on her hands if I have it right.

I don't know if I've ever edited a single Porcupine Tree article. If I have, it's only been to correct a spelling mistake. I've edited a fair chunk of U2 songs with setlist data, but I only do that as I come across songs without data rather than as a conscious effort.

New Zealand's railways and geography are my main focus. I'm one of the most active New Zealand Railways editors.

I'm surprised you haven't edited any PT articles. That would seem as up your alley as U2. You're much less critical of them. :wink:

OK, am I reading the headlines wrong, or is the recent US Supreme Court ruling on the second amendment bad news for those of us who are anti-guns? I can't be bothered venturing into an FYM thread on the matter because the pro-gun advocates infuriate me beyond words.

It's bad, Ax....

And Justice Scalia is quite ignorant

Scalia noted that the handgun is Americans' preferred weapon of self-defense in part because "it can be pointed at a burglar with one hand while the other hand dials the police."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom