Wank, Bavaria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ali, going back to the earlier discussion (yes, really just so I can post a train picture) about the paint scheme stuff, with the yellow and royal blue VR livery you didn't remember. Here it is looking in much better quality than the earlier sample picture.

The best part? This photo was taken last Tuesday. El Zorro are so desperate for motive power on the Warrnambool freights that they're leasing heritage locos off the preservation groups, and S 303 happens to be preserved in the royal blue and yellow.

P6240038.jpg

:drool: :drool:

^ Nice! Definitely never saw those on the Bendigo line.

Yeah, I've gathered that they got rid of that livery by the early eighties. Might've been even earlier. It seems V/Line is very efficient at repainting its trains in the new liveries it adopts. Go to New Zealand and you can fairly effortlessly spot locomotives in "Fruit Salad/International Orange" livery, despite the fact it was ostensibly abandoned in 1993 and numerous new paint schemes have been introduced since then!

(I love the nicknames bestowed upon Kiwi paint schemes, though it doesn't seem to happen in Victoria. We've had things like Clockwork Orange, Bumble Bee, Corncob ...)

Random:

YouTube - Doctorin' the Tardis - Doctor Who Music Video (Timelords)

I frickin LOVE this song. :lol:
(KLF messing around with the Dr Who theme...)

Ha, that's awesome. :laugh:

Aww, looks like not even Bono's going to show at that Mandela gig in London today. I was hoping to have something to post to U2gigs. :(

(I love the nicknames bestowed upon Kiwi paint schemes, though it doesn't seem to happen in Victoria. We've had things like Clockwork Orange, Bumble Bee, Corncob ...)

Ha, that's awesome. :laugh:

:lol: Fruit Salad....

I love the crappy cardboard Daleks. And I saw the best LJ icon the other day... this Dalek in a basement, the only way out is a flight of stairs.... Dalek is saying "Fuck."
:giggle:

Aww, looks like not even Bono's going to show at that Mandela gig in London today. I was hoping to have something to post to U2gigs. :(
Maybe this is the point at which the other three chain him to the studio with a bottle of water and a notepad and pen within reach. :giggle:

I used to love the original Dr. Who when I was a kid.
Hey there! :wave:

I did too... used to watch it every day before dinner. Tom Baker FTW. :up:

:lol: Fruit Salad....

I love the crappy cardboard Daleks. And I saw the best LJ icon the other day... this Dalek in a basement, the only way out is a flight of stairs.... Dalek is saying "Fuck."
:giggle:

Fruit Salad had the front of the locomotive yellow, the side of the cab grey, and the rest of the locomotive this reddish orange. International Orange had the side of the cab reddish orange as well. (Or maybe the other way around; I have a tendency to muddle them and people often use just one to refer to both of them.) Sentimentally my favourite livery ever since all the locos when I was little ran around looking like that, though VR's royal blue and yellow is more aesthetically pleasing.

And :lmao: that's great. Must admit I've watched precious little Dr Who though. Enough to have a rough idea of things, but that's it. I remember reading a few Dr Who books in my primary school's library. I probably read the entire library (besides any book my 5-10 year old mind deemed "girly"), coming to think of it ...

A great LJ icon I saw recently showed all eight planets, plus Pluto at the most distant point in its orbit saying "... fuck."

Maybe this is the point at which the other three chain him to the studio with a bottle of water and a notepad and pen within reach. :giggle:

:laugh:

Actually, judging by the current talk, I'd say they must've done that a few months ago after he went around a cappellaing All You Need Is Love everywhere, since it seems like things are just about done. :hyper:

A great LJ icon I saw recently showed all eight planets, plus Pluto at the most distant point in its orbit saying "... fuck."

:lol:

Poor old Pluto... I do feel somewhat ripped off, as a Scorpio, that my so-called "ruling planet" suddenly... isn't.

I don't believe in horoscopes, but I felt pretty ripped off being stuck with Pluto, even when it was a planet. :wink:

:lol:

Poor old Pluto... I do feel somewhat ripped off, as a Scorpio, that my so-called "ruling planet" suddenly... isn't.

I don't believe in horoscopes, but I felt pretty ripped off being stuck with Pluto, even when it was a planet. :wink:

:laugh: Yeah, Pluto's a pretty dodgy one to be stuck with. Though I must admit, I'd never even heard of "ruling planets" before. Wonder what mine is, as a Capricorn ... Wikipedia to the rescue, I am sure!

:laugh:

Actually, judging by the current talk, I'd say they must've done that a few months ago after he went around a cappellaing All You Need Is Love everywhere, since it seems like things are just about done. :hyper:

Except they're not, cos we won't see hide nor hair of it for another four months or something.

Not that I'm bitter, or anything... :happy:

Except they're not, cos we won't see hide nor hair of it for another four months or something.

Not that I'm bitter, or anything... :happy:

I don't get why they feel the need to pretty much sit on the complete work for so bloody long and drag out the whole process. :sigh:

:laugh: Yeah, Pluto's a pretty dodgy one to be stuck with. Though I must admit, I'd never even heard of "ruling planets" before. Wonder what mine is, as a Capricorn ... Wikipedia to the rescue, I am sure!

Sweet, I get Saturn. Apparently because it's the most distant (and apparently that means coldest) planet known to the ancients and Capricorns in the Northern Hemisphere are from the coldest month.

And Ali, apparently Scorpio's ruling planet was Mars prior to the discovery of Pluto.

As you can see, was going through Box Hill, and figured you haven't been down there much, so took a couple of tram photos for you. There's one more coming.

As you can see, was going through Box Hill, and figured you haven't been down there much, so took a couple of tram photos for you. There's one more coming.

Much? I haven't been there at all. :lol: Awesome, thank you. Really interesting to see a C1 tram out in the suburbs, since I've only ever seen them in the CBD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom