Wank, Bavaria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ali, just got a text from Bonnie, she fears she might be busy. Depends whether her parents join her in going to the Zoo or not. But if they aren't - hey, Royal Park may just work out! Or I could just cook dinner at my place or something since it's not far. We could get U-Wen around and rock out some Phail tunes. :laugh:

And I really don't see why we need the Queen all over the bloody currency. Everybody else on our money has at least done something worthwhile.
I'd go and see what NZ currency I took home from our brief stop there, but I think all the money is at the bottom of the box I put all the holiday stuff in. :crack:

And to be fair to Liz, she has had to put up with the rest of the royal family for her whole life. I think she's done bloody well to not have gone publically insane. :lol:

:laugh: Yeah, I've got no idea what that building in the foreground is. I've never gone north of the Redmond Barry Building. Presumably it's either for sporting purposes or residential purposes, as that's all I believe is north of Redmond Barry.

It's saying "fancy expensive student accommodation aimed at international students with more money than brains" to me. :wink:

I'd go and see what NZ currency I took home from our brief stop there, but I think all the money is at the bottom of the box I put all the holiday stuff in. :crack:

And to be fair to Liz, she has had to put up with the rest of the royal family for her whole life. I think she's done bloody well to not have gone publically insane. :lol:

I've just got the $5 myself. I think I have some coinage too, but I'm buggered if I know whether it's the old or the new stuff. Used to have some of the 1c and 2c pieces in my collection, but they could be anywhere now.

:laugh: True - but then again, she's the one who inflicted Charles upon the world!

Ali, just got a text from Bonnie, she fears she might be busy. Depends whether her parents join her in going to the Zoo or not. But if they aren't - hey, Royal Park may just work out! Or I could just cook dinner at my place or something since it's not far. We could get U-Wen around and rock out some Phail tunes. :laugh:

Any or all sounds pretty good to me. :D

It's saying "fancy expensive student accommodation aimed at international students with more money than brains" to me. :wink:

:lol: Yep, I'd believe that. And not just "more money than brains", also "absolutely no practical life skills". As lazy as I am, I couldn't fucking put up with somewhere that does just about everything for me.

:laugh: True - but then again, she's the one who inflicted Charles upon the world!

I don't mind Charlie.... he seems mostly harmless, and it can't hurt to have some environmental awareness at that level.

In other news... Rocks! :drool:

P9090061.jpg

Any or all sounds pretty good to me. :D

Got another text, she says she'll let me know how things go tomorrow. So I'll text/e-mail you if anything's happening. If no text, assume nothing's happening.

Either way, you and U-Wen will have to come over one day so we can do some Phailing. :lol:

I don't mind Charlie.... he seems mostly harmless, and it can't hurt to have some environmental awareness at that level.

He's environmentally aware? Or, well, aware of anything? He strikes me as just another upper crust British prat, heh.

In other news... Rocks! :drool:

P9090061.jpg

Ooh, that's cool. Where is it?

Took this photo looking over Melbourne on Monday after my exam. Shame the weather makes it look so drab. How fucking ugly is the building in the foreground? That's Melbourne University's Doug McDonnell Building, one of the main Education faculty buildings and a right offence to architecture.

s640x480

Either way, you and U-Wen will have to come over one day so we can do some Phailing. :lol:
Totally... I had way too much fun messing about with my piano-playing friend last weekend. :up:

I'll try not to sleep in too late, then :wink:

He's environmentally aware? Or, well, aware of anything? He strikes me as just another upper crust British prat, heh.
Well, he's reputedly quite the greenie... :shrug:

And all my pics have been from the Grampians (taken in September '06, I think), except for that first sunset one.

Took this photo looking over Melbourne on Monday after my exam. Shame the weather makes it look so drab. How fucking ugly is the building in the foreground? That's Melbourne University's Doug McDonnell Building, one of the main Education faculty buildings and a right offence to architecture.
Ew, I think that's even worse than the Menzies building at Monash. :yuck:

Totally... I had way too much fun messing about with my piano-playing friend last weekend. :up:

I'll try not to sleep in too late, then :wink:

:laugh: Awesome. I bet it'll be great fun. I'm afraid of just how shit I'm going to be, though. I haven't played guitar in so long.

Well, he's reputedly quite the greenie... :shrug:

And all my pics have been from the Grampians (taken in September '06, I think), except for that first sunset one.

Huh, well, that's quite cool then.

Ah, right. Haven't been there myself, but then I feel like I haven't been bloody anywhere! Just riding the train out to Greensborough a few weeks back was a veritable adventure for me. :sigh:

Ew, I think that's even worse than the Menzies building at Monash. :yuck:

I seriously cannot think of a single building as ugly as that on any other university campus I've ever visited. It's not too bad inside, actually, besides the slow as hell lift (though it's at least a visually modern-looking lift rather than an old, clapped out one). But externally, it's almost enough to make you nauseous.

Its accompanying Education Resource Centre library is similarly hideous, but contains my beloved humanities archive. :drool:

:laugh: Awesome. I bet it'll be great fun. I'm afraid of just how shit I'm going to be, though. I haven't played guitar in so long.
Depending on how dedicated you are to the principles of Phailure, you might consider dusting the old axe (haha!) off before we get together, and seeing how much comes back to you :wink:

Speaking of which, I really should do some practise before everyone goes to bed...

Depending on how dedicated you are to the principles of Phailure, you might consider dusting the old axe (haha!) off before we get together, and seeing how much comes back to you :wink:

Speaking of which, I really should do some practise before everyone goes to bed...

I'm thinking maybe I should aim for the SuperPhail and not touch it at all, just to see how utterly shit and out of practise I am when we begin playing Gloria. :laugh:

I can at least vaguely remember parts of 11OTT and NYD's solo ...

A bit more of central Melbourne, looking a bit more to the east away from the ugliness of the Doug McDonnell Building.

s640x480

Actually, I just remembered those last two pics were taken from the top of Mt Difficult... which is where one of our friends' cars broke down and needed to be rescued by the RACV (much much much later).

:uhoh:

Random pic of the Aquarium, and the giant inflatable squid that used to be on the roof (they were displaying some big frozen squid at the time)...

P1180002sml.jpg

Edit: Wow, it should not be that pixellated and crap! I need to shrink that pic again and re-upload...

*adds Grampians to Aussie Posse Road Trip itinerary*

Can you see much of the view when you go to places like that? Or do you have to wait for the pics....

It really depends. I usually get a decent general idea, but some specifics can be lost on me until I look at the pictures. Looking into sunlight can really stuff me around, though.

My most embarrassing moment was on a year 12 geography excursion up to Springbrook behind the Gold Coast. We were at the Best Of All Lookout and I remark to my friend that we must be looking south over country New South Wales. He very quickly pointed out that we had to be looking east, since the sea was visible. NOT TO ME IT WASN'T! I refused to believe him until I looked around at the shadows and realised that yes, we really were looking towards the coast!

Actually, I just remembered those last two pics were taken from the top of Mt Difficult... which is where one of our friends' cars broke down and needed to be rescued by the RACV (much much much later).

:uhoh:

:laugh: Mt Difficult alright!

Random pic of the Aquarium, and the giant inflatable squid that used to be on the roof (they were displaying some big frozen squid at the time)...

P1180002sml.jpg

Edit: Wow, it should not be that pixellated and crap! I need to shrink that pic again and re-upload...

That squid's bloody cool. Though yikes, that pixellation's unpleasant!

And is it the Aquarium that's hidden behind the railway lines in this picture?

s640x480

Yeah, I've seen pictures of the new stations and they look a lot nicer, albeit rather insubstantial. A lot of the old station buildings looked so far past their prime and dilapidated that, even though they have heritage significance, they should probably just be knocked down. The graffiti and vandalism made the whole railway corridor seem rather unsafe. I can see why, in the nineties, nobody was taking the train in Auckland.

Trains...stations...I should post some pictures of the last remnants of our once glorious railroad system here. It's very sad, and thought-provoking. :sad:

Trains...stations...I should post some pictures of the last remnants of our once glorious railroad system here. It's very sad, and thought-provoking. :sad:

Oh, that's right, your entire province's railways got closed down, didn't they?

Bet that's really coming back to bite you lot in the arse now. Got to hate short-sighted 20th century transport planning.

I'd love to see the photos. Ghost railways are a fascination of mine. One day I plan to travel around New Zealand and photograph the remnants of various closed lines.

My most embarrassing moment was on a year 12 geography excursion up to Springbrook behind the Gold Coast. We were at the Best Of All Lookout and I remark to my friend that we must be looking south over country New South Wales. He very quickly pointed out that we had to be looking east, since the sea was visible. NOT TO ME IT WASN'T! I refused to believe him until I looked around at the shadows and realised that yes, we really were looking towards the coast!

Whoops. :lol:

That squid's bloody cool. Though yikes, that pixellation's unpleasant!

And is it the Aquarium that's hidden behind the railway lines in this picture?

s640x480
*peers* I don't think so... if you can tell me what street(s) that is, I'll be able to say for sure. It doesn't look like the rail bridges that you can see the aquarium from, anyway.

Of course, having said all that, I'll probably be proven wrong now. :lol:

Here's a cleaner pic... this is looking along King's Way, incidentally, where it crosses the Yarra.
P1180002sml.jpg

(I think you can maybe see the building I work in, too.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom