Wank, Bavaria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why people need to change logos and "branding" around all the time... seems like spending a lot of money for no good reason. :shrug:

Although I guess it keeps the train/tram/plane spotters interested :wink:

Yeah, I agree, it seems to be a complete waste of money. I mean, the paint does get rather worn after a while and needs to be replaced, but even then, it'd still be cheaper to just touch up the existing livery. New Zealand's passenger carriages were "Midland Red" from the 1920s until the 1990s, and I don't really see why they changed. And I wish V/Line had never changed from the royal blue and yellow. That's possibly my favourite paint scheme ever, besides the yellow and green Met trams and maybe a couple of Kiwi designs.

Though some paint schemes have been changed/altered to improve their visibility at level crossings, which is justifiable. :up:

Just a touch too much zoom

Bleh, hate it when that happens.

I also wish I could change the zoom level quicker on my camera. I mean, it's not exactly sluggish, but trains and trams sometimes do a fair pace!

Emirates 777-300ER operating Dubai-Bangkok-Sydney-Auckland.

8ca09043.jpg

Next year this flight will go Sydney-Christchurch and the Dubai-Sydney-Christchurch flight will go Sydney-Auckland, and instead of the current A340-500 it will be replaced by the A380.

Needless to say, i'm looking forward to February 1st.

They're still goofy looking trains.

I think they looked even sillier before refurbishment. The one in that photo was an EDI refurbished Comeng. Here's an Alstom refurbished Comeng, which I think looks worse than the EDI ones:

s640x480

Yeah, I agree, it seems to be a complete waste of money. I mean, the paint does get rather worn after a while and needs to be replaced, but even then, it'd still be cheaper to just touch up the existing livery. New Zealand's passenger carriages were "Midland Red" from the 1920s until the 1990s, and I don't really see why they changed. And I wish V/Line had never changed from the royal blue and yellow. That's possibly my favourite paint scheme ever, besides the yellow and green Met trams and maybe a couple of Kiwi designs.

Though some paint schemes have been changed/altered to improve their visibility at level crossings, which is justifiable. :up:

Fair enough with the visibility thing... although by the time you can see what colour the train is, it's probably too late. :huh:

When was V/Line blue and yellow? I just remember it being maroon and blue... :scratch:

Haha, this doco on TV is talking about the U-2 bomber. :giggle:

With planes the paint HAS to be redone at a particular heavy maintenance check, so the biggest cost to airlines is changing airport branding and promotional material, as the planes get done as they have the check, so they aren't being pulled out of service for the repaint on a whim.

Fair enough with the visibility thing... although by the time you can see what colour the train is, it's probably too late. :huh:

When was V/Line blue and yellow? I just remember it being maroon and blue... :scratch:

Haha, this doco on TV is talking about the U-2 bomber. :giggle:

Some of the high visibility liveries are reflective, so headlights can pick them up better at night, and other liveries were changed since they apparently had a tendency to blend in with the landscape. But hell, if I can spot trains a mile off, I don't think any person with enough sight to drive has any excuse at all.

Hah, I remember the U-2 coming up in grade 11 when we were studying the Cold War. :laugh:

And here's a photo of the royal blue and yellow livery, though looking a bit faded from its prime:

s313sop.jpg

I dunno why, but I like the Emirates planes for some reason. Maybe it's the funky-looking Arabic writing...

Dammit, every time this TV show says "U-2", I get whiplash. (ie, turning to look) :lol:

But first... random sunset as seen from my parents' house.

P2030001.jpg

It was a lot redder in real life, though. My camera sucks at reds.

Oooh, that looks really cool anyway. I bet my camera would've just turned it into a mess of digital noise.

These were side by side in my photobucket and i was wondering how the fuck i'd managed to upload the same photo twice.

:lmao:

I have some fairly similar tram photos, but I don't think any that look quite that identical!

Demonically possessed kangaroo...

(maybe this should be the new QANTAS logo :wink: )

P9090020.jpg

:lmao:

Oh god, you could have fun stringing along ignorant Americans with that photo. "Yeah, the one closest to the camera is the one I ride to work ..."

Hey Ian! You may like this. An XTrapolis climbing up the flyover to platform 10 at Richmond station with the MCG behind it.

s640x480

A Siemens unit coming out of the City Loop at North Melbourne. See the destination board. What does it say? "Not in service". Ahh, Connex fuck-ups. This "not in service" train displayed it was "not in service" for its entire run in service to Craigieburn.

s640x480

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom