Wank, Bavaria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we would all love to relive hearing certain albums for the first time again.

Good god yes.

I sometimes almost wish I had never heard Anathema's Judgement. Nothing has yet come close to comparing with how I felt when I first listened to that. It's almost like a drug, and I'm constantly in search of music to give me that feeling again.

Sometimes I almost prefer the kind of criticism he brought to the table over the pat on the head people usually give. "Oh, it was nice! I especially liked tracks ____, ____, and ____. But yeah...I won't be voting for you. Sorry."
kinda like your reasoning for not voting for me? :tongue:

but seriously, i agree with you. if i don't have something nice to say in the threads i just don't say it, instead of being like "your list was great! so i voted for the other person."

I am actually sort of jealous of Pfan in a way because he is discovering so much wonderful music for the first time. I think we would all love to relive hearing certain albums for the first time again.

:up: I know how that is. But there are still a number of classics I've never heard, and surely more to come.

but seriously, i agree with you. if i don't have something nice to say in the threads i just don't say it, instead of being like "your list was great! so i voted for the other person."

This is why I was silent for some rounds last time. :laugh:

:reject: I'm a hypocrite.

and I know feel awful :( :)lol: )

I think you should judge lists objectively and subjectively. Like, Axver and I disagree on musical tastes, but we can still relate to each other's list objectively for a more conscientious vote.

"I LIKED IT!" is nice to hear, not too helpful.

Good god yes.

I sometimes almost wish I had never heard Anathema's Judgement. Nothing has yet come close to comparing with how I felt when I first listened to that. It's almost like a drug, and I'm constantly in search of music to give me that feeling again.

You know I can't remember how I felt listening to many albums but more about specific songs.

I think you should judge lists objectively and subjectively. Like, Axver and I disagree on musical tastes, but we can still relate to each other's list objectively for a more conscientious vote.

There's a song on the new Beck album about the ice caps melting. I'm serious.

Perhaps the gap has been bridged.

You know I can't remember how I felt listening to many albums but more about specific songs.

Judgement stands out as this big exception in my entire listening life. The Unforgettable Fire and Stupid Dream were not originally my favourite U2 and PT albums; the first play of each didn't absolutely blow me away. I too can think more of specific songs than albums. Come Home by The Chills, She Painted Fire Across The Skyline by Agalloch, Bleak by Opeth, Bad by U2. But then there's the entire Judgement album that seems to stand as this watershed in my music listening.

"I LIKED IT!" is nice to hear, not too helpful.

Yeah, agreed. It's one thing for somebody who shares your tastes to say they love your list. But if somebody who isn't keen on the music poiints out, for example, that it really flowed well and it all made sense, then that seems more meaningful.

I've got to upload my draft DI V list for you guys.

Judgement stands out as this big exception in my entire listening life. The Unforgettable Fire and Stupid Dream were not originally my favourite U2 and PT albums; the first play of each didn't absolutely blow me away. I too can think more of specific songs than albums. Come Home by The Chills, She Painted Fire Across The Skyline by Agalloch, Bleak by Opeth, Bad by U2. But then there's the entire Judgement album that seems to stand as this watershed in my music listening.

The Dreaming wasn't my favorite Kate Bush album on first listen. Then it became my all time favorite album. I remember in particular two album listening moments. One was A Rush Of Blood To The Head by Coldplay and the other was Disintegration by The Cure. I also remember listening to Ra by Utopia on a road trip when I was a kid and that was sort of my Judgement moment. I didn't know music could be that amazing.

Yeah, agreed. It's one thing for somebody who shares your tastes to say they love your list. But if somebody who isn't keen on the music poiints out, for example, that it really flowed well and it all made sense, then that seems more meaningful.

I've got to upload my draft DI V list for you guys.

Sadly, I'll admit I'm one of the "I liked it" people. Sometimes, I just really don't know what to say though, I don't feel like I'm really so well versed in the different forms of music, so I just feel I should say at least something :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom