Wank, Bavaria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What booze do you like! :lol:
The more sugar and the less I can taste the alcohol, the better... kahlua/baileys etc, those pre-mixed apparently binge-inducing 'alcopops', etc... Girly drinks.

Incidentally, my second-hand experience of people binge-drinking is that it's usually beer and straight spirits that they drink. But can you imagine the outcry if they hiked up the tax on those things... :rolleyes:

The more sugar and the less I can taste the alcohol, the better... kahlua/baileys etc, those pre-mixed apparently binge-inducing 'alcopops', etc... Girly drinks.

Incidentally, my second-hand experience of people binge-drinking is that it's usually beer and straight spirits that they drink. But can you imagine the outcry if they hiked up the tax on those things... :rolleyes:

Ha, hiking the tax on beer?

Anybody stupid enough to do that won't have a political career left. They'd probably have to flee into exile to a cave on the Afghan/Pakistani border where no angry Australians could find them!

Ha, hiking the tax on beer?

Anybody stupid enough to do that won't have a political career left. They'd probably have to flee into exile to a cave on the Afghan/Pakistani border where no angry Australians could find them!
Except the angry Australians in the army, who have guns and explosives, and a good enough excuse to blow up anything that moves in that area.

:yikes:

Except the angry Australians in the army, who have guns and explosives, and a good enough excuse to blow up anything that moves in that area.

:yikes:

Given that they can't find Osama there, do you really think they'd find a fleeing politician?

Actually, maybe in this case, they'd give a shit and find the guy in about three minutes flat.

Given that they can't find Osama there, do you really think they'd find a fleeing politician?

Actually, maybe in this case, they'd give a shit and find the guy in about three minutes flat.

Exunctly. There are priorities, and then there are priorities, after all....

And here I am on the verge of drunkposting!

Just downed two glasses of port for the hell of it and the white wine in the fridge is awfully tempting ...

I don't know though. Seems kind of sad getting drunk here on my lonesome.

Can't believe we didn't get sloshed last night. But Ali, Bonnie, and I spent bloody ages TALKING rather than DRINKING.

Yeah drunk posting has varying degrees of um patheticness.

I think after my last bout with it here I vowed never again. :wink:

:laugh: Yeah, I think if I'm going to get drunk, it'd be better if a couple of people were round!

And you know you want to participate in Mia and Khan's drinking sessions. :wink:

I would, but they're always getting pissed at about 2pm my time rather than midnight!

Oh my god. I don't know what just inspired me to do this, maybe the two glasses of port I just downed, but it's awesome. I took a tortilla, put some of this supermarket-bought taco sauce stuff on it, then camembert cheese and hot Hungarian salami, folded it in half, and put it in my sandwich toaster. It works!

Fucking hell, wow. :drool: :drool:

Fuck, I have a headache.

Me too.

Oh my god. I don't know what just inspired me to do this, maybe the two glasses of port I just downed, but it's awesome. I took a tortilla, put some of this supermarket-bought taco sauce stuff on it, then camembert cheese and hot Hungarian salami, folded it in half, and put it in my sandwich toaster. It works!

Fucking hell, wow. :drool: :drool:

I'm getting hungry, it's almost lunchtime here. :drool:

OK, so this toasted Camembert tortilla is made of so much win that I had to make another one.

Go on folks, join the craze! :drool:

And here I am on the verge of drunkposting!

Just downed two glasses of port for the hell of it and the white wine in the fridge is awfully tempting ...

dooooo it ax! trust me, there are far more pathetic things in this world than drunk posting. if you're having fun, and hurting noone, who the fuck cares?

dooooo it ax! trust me, there are far more pathetic things in this world than drunk posting. if you're having fun, and hurting noone, who the fuck cares?

True! Though I just checked how much wine I have left, and I've decided against drunkposting for tonight. I want to go to bed soon and I would only get a bit past tipsy in that time. I figure I'll save it for a decent drinking session in the coming days.

you recommended me an NZ wine before i think...what was it again? i'll be making a trip to the warehouse soon and i'd love to try it. i want to learn more about wines, i wish i had taken a course.

Hm. I tend to talk with glowing praise about wines from the Martinborough region, such as Ata Rangi and Dry River. Ata Rangi's pinot noir was my first favourite wine and still a favourite to this day. But I wouldn't really like your chances of finding Martinborough wines in the US. I have enough trouble finding them in Australia.

In terms of what you are likely to find outside New Zealand - well, the country is most famous for sauvignon blanc, especially from the Marlborough region. Any Marlborough sauvignon blanc is bound to be good; the region has produced some of the world's best examples of the variety. As for red, Central Otago is producing some of the best pinot noir you will find. Sensational stuff.

Other vineyards to look out for are Church Road and Te Mata Estate from the Hawkes Bay. I must admit to bias; my father did some work at Church Road for a few years and he would've been involved in making any wine from early 2000s vintages. Hell, if by some really weird occurrence you actually find some Ata Rangi pinot noir from 1996, I picked some of the grapes for that!

:lmao: Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom