Wank, Bavaria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not say note-for-note. I just said they stole it and I admitted I was wrong. :wink:

Well, I mean, if you stole something, you stole it. All of it. It's not theirs, it's yours now. The only notes the two riffs had in common were an A and a G.

But that's all water under the bridge now. :wink:

No I didn't. I addressed your posts. I get insulted enough by you people enough to know when someone is being insulted and Pfan wasn't.

No, you just do not understand me. And no one will understand me. Maybe someday you will see that you are wrong and that I am right, but I do not think that will happen.

You basically just told him that he's crazy and doesn't know shit about music.

I didn't say he knew shit about music just that he had a lot to learn. I also said everyone has more to see and explore in the realm of music. As for calling him crazy I wasn't seriously calling him. Believe me when I say that Pfan is the least crazy person in the superthread. I'm the crazy one. :wink:

I get insulted enough by you people enough to know when someone is being insulted

Clearly not. Look, Justin, this is getting ridiculous. Stop. It seems that every debate you get into here just seems to further convince you that you somehow bear knowledge and wisdom others don't have and that you function on some other plane of existence to them. All that seems to do is cause you to act increasingly arrogant and condescending. I did not originally associate those words with you, but attitudes you have increasingly revealed lately fit them perfectly. The outcome of this is that your posts seem belittling and insulting to the people you're addressing, even if you don't intend them to be. Don't pretend you're the only victim here; don't let your perspective be that narrow.

To a point, you're right about one thing. PFan has a very limited view of the musical landscape. But I challenge you to name one person here who DOESN'T. Your view is very limited. My view is very limited. Ian's, LM's, LMP's, NSW's - they're all very limited. Who here has listened to even 2,000 albums in their life? Now, how many tens of thousands of albums are released every month? And remember, you aren't much older than PFan and can't really talk about these things. We all have a lot to learn and discover. Maybe you should keep that in mind. Context, man. It's all about the context. And the subjectivity (as much as I routinely forget that myself).

I didn't say he knew shit about music just that he had a lot to learn. I also said everyone has more to see and explore in the realm of music. As for calling him crazy I wasn't seriously calling him. Believe me when I say that Pfan is the least crazy person in the superthread. I'm the crazy one. :wink:

Evidently, that's not how it came across. :shrug: But whatever.

The outcome of this is that your posts seem belittling and insulting to the people you're addressing, even if you don't intend them to be.

Evidently, that's not how it came across. :shrug: But whatever.

Aaaand there we have it. I agree with LM that the post does not come across that way. I even ventured into the thread to get the context of the discussion.

Clearly not. Look, Justin, this is getting ridiculous. Stop. It seems that every debate you get into here just seems to further convince you that you somehow bear knowledge and wisdom others don't have and that you function on some other plane of existence to them. All that seems to do is cause you to act increasingly arrogant and condescending. I did not originally associate those words with you, but attitudes you have increasingly revealed lately fit them perfectly. The outcome of this is that your posts seem belittling and insulting to the people you're addressing, even if you don't intend them to be. Don't pretend you're the only victim here; don't let your perspective be that narrow.

To a point, you're right about one thing. PFan has a very limited view of the musical landscape. But I challenge you to name one person here who DOESN'T. Your view is very limited. My view is very limited. Ian's, LM's, LMP's, NSW's - they're all very limited. Who here has listened to even 2,000 albums in their life? Now, how many tens of thousands of albums are released every month? And remember, you aren't much older than PFan and can't really talk about these things. We all have a lot to learn and discover. Maybe you should keep that in mind. Context, man. It's all about the context. And the subjectivity (as much as I routinely forget that myself).

Why am I agreeing with you, Axver? This is getting ridiculous.

I think we're all fairly knowledgeable within our tastes though, which is the most important thing to me, as a music lover.

He's the only one on this board who cared about black people. :sad: Why did we have him banned again?

Oh yeah, the jackassery.

I think it was a rather telling commentary that he was the only person actually thinking about race to start with. Hell, I wouldn't have a clue of the race of over half the musicians making the music I own.

I think it was a rather telling commentary that he was the only person actually thinking about race to start with. Hell, I wouldn't have a clue of the race of over half the musicians making the music I own.

Honestly, the healthiest way to avoid racism is not by including everyone to help cover your own ass, but to genuinely not care in the first place. He fit more into column A, and I think he may have misinterpreted the concept of the game.

Those things are true. I freely admit that and try to change that. I wasn't intending to belittle Pfan. I don't feel I insulted him though.

You missed the part where I said everyone needs to explore more. Everyone has a limited view but Pfan especially is just discovering so much of the musical landscape.

Breathe people...

It seems like there is a small handful of people that simply don't know when to quit. It's not healthy to let a message board discussion get you so upset. If you feel like you are going in circles and not coming to any agreements why not just walk away for a while? What happened to agreeing to disagree? Everyone has different opinions and I realize that when it comes to music people are very opinionated but sometimes you just have to let it go for the sake of your own sanity. I dont really know what else to say about the situation.

Man I cant wait for U2's album to come out. Not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom