Wank, Bavaria Superthread - Page 48 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2008, 08:53 AM   #706
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisaura View Post
Ew, I think that's even worse than the Menzies building at Monash.
I seriously cannot think of a single building as ugly as that on any other university campus I've ever visited. It's not too bad inside, actually, besides the slow as hell lift (though it's at least a visually modern-looking lift rather than an old, clapped out one). But externally, it's almost enough to make you nauseous.

Its accompanying Education Resource Centre library is similarly hideous, but contains my beloved humanities archive.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-27-2008, 08:53 AM   #707
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Awesome. I bet it'll be great fun. I'm afraid of just how shit I'm going to be, though. I haven't played guitar in so long.
Depending on how dedicated you are to the principles of Phailure, you might consider dusting the old axe (haha!) off before we get together, and seeing how much comes back to you

Speaking of which, I really should do some practise before everyone goes to bed...

Old 06-27-2008, 08:54 AM   #708
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Same view, just looking from left to right.

Geology...
Oh WOW.

I need to visit there!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-27-2008, 08:56 AM   #709
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Depending on how dedicated you are to the principles of Phailure, you might consider dusting the old axe (haha!) off before we get together, and seeing how much comes back to you

Speaking of which, I really should do some practise before everyone goes to bed...
I'm thinking maybe I should aim for the SuperPhail and not touch it at all, just to see how utterly shit and out of practise I am when we begin playing Gloria.

I can at least vaguely remember parts of 11OTT and NYD's solo ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-27-2008, 08:56 AM   #710
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Oh WOW.

I need to visit there!
*adds Grampians to Aussie Posse Road Trip itinerary*

Can you see much of the view when you go to places like that? Or do you have to wait for the pics....
Old 06-27-2008, 08:57 AM   #711
Vocal parasite

A bit more of central Melbourne, looking a bit more to the east away from the ugliness of the Doug McDonnell Building.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-27-2008, 08:58 AM   #712
Blue Crack Supplier

Actually, I just remembered those last two pics were taken from the top of Mt Difficult... which is where one of our friends' cars broke down and needed to be rescued by the RACV (much much much later).

Old 06-27-2008, 09:00 AM   #713
Blue Crack Supplier

Random pic of the Aquarium, and the giant inflatable squid that used to be on the roof (they were displaying some big frozen squid at the time)...

Edit: Wow, it should not be that pixellated and crap! I need to shrink that pic again and re-upload...
Old 06-27-2008, 09:01 AM   #714
Vocal parasite

Quote:
*adds Grampians to Aussie Posse Road Trip itinerary*

Can you see much of the view when you go to places like that? Or do you have to wait for the pics....
It really depends. I usually get a decent general idea, but some specifics can be lost on me until I look at the pictures. Looking into sunlight can really stuff me around, though.

My most embarrassing moment was on a year 12 geography excursion up to Springbrook behind the Gold Coast. We were at the Best Of All Lookout and I remark to my friend that we must be looking south over country New South Wales. He very quickly pointed out that we had to be looking east, since the sea was visible. NOT TO ME IT WASN'T! I refused to believe him until I looked around at the shadows and realised that yes, we really were looking towards the coast!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-27-2008, 09:02 AM   #715
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Actually, I just remembered those last two pics were taken from the top of Mt Difficult... which is where one of our friends' cars broke down and needed to be rescued by the RACV (much much much later).

Mt Difficult alright!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-27-2008, 09:04 AM   #716
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Random pic of the Aquarium, and the giant inflatable squid that used to be on the roof (they were displaying some big frozen squid at the time)...

Edit: Wow, it should not be that pixellated and crap! I need to shrink that pic again and re-upload...
That squid's bloody cool. Though yikes, that pixellation's unpleasant!

And is it the Aquarium that's hidden behind the railway lines in this picture?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-27-2008, 09:07 AM   #717
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:37 PM
Quote:
Yeah, I've seen pictures of the new stations and they look a lot nicer, albeit rather insubstantial. A lot of the old station buildings looked so far past their prime and dilapidated that, even though they have heritage significance, they should probably just be knocked down. The graffiti and vandalism made the whole railway corridor seem rather unsafe. I can see why, in the nineties, nobody was taking the train in Auckland.
Trains...stations...I should post some pictures of the last remnants of our once glorious railroad system here. It's very sad, and thought-provoking.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:09 AM   #718
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelordevil View Post
Trains...stations...I should post some pictures of the last remnants of our once glorious railroad system here. It's very sad, and thought-provoking.
Oh, that's right, your entire province's railways got closed down, didn't they?

Bet that's really coming back to bite you lot in the arse now. Got to hate short-sighted 20th century transport planning.

I'd love to see the photos. Ghost railways are a fascination of mine. One day I plan to travel around New Zealand and photograph the remnants of various closed lines.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-27-2008, 09:12 AM   #719
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
My most embarrassing moment was on a year 12 geography excursion up to Springbrook behind the Gold Coast. We were at the Best Of All Lookout and I remark to my friend that we must be looking south over country New South Wales. He very quickly pointed out that we had to be looking east, since the sea was visible. NOT TO ME IT WASN'T! I refused to believe him until I looked around at the shadows and realised that yes, we really were looking towards the coast!
Whoops.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:15 AM   #720
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
That squid's bloody cool. Though yikes, that pixellation's unpleasant!

And is it the Aquarium that's hidden behind the railway lines in this picture?

*peers* I don't think so... if you can tell me what street(s) that is, I'll be able to say for sure. It doesn't look like the rail bridges that you can see the aquarium from, anyway.

Of course, having said all that, I'll probably be proven wrong now.

Here's a cleaner pic... this is looking along King's Way, incidentally, where it crosses the Yarra.

(I think you can maybe see the building I work in, too.)

Tags
superthread