Wank, Bavaria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm going to work on two separate projects: one full band and one acoustic.

It's highly likely that the debut is acoustic. To go full band, I'd need a drummer, and I don't have any that are willing to take time to record.

I have two really good full band guitar and bass songs written that are close to being done. But I'm putting them on the side for the acoustic piece.

It's highly likely that the debut is acoustic. To go full band, I'd need a drummer, and I don't have any that are willing to take time to record.

I have two really good full band guitar and bass songs written that are close to being done. But I'm putting them on the side for the acoustic piece.

What's the acoustic work reminiscent of? What are your influences there? My main influence on acoustic guitar is Pete Townshend.

What's the acoustic work reminiscent of? What are your influences there? My main influence on acoustic guitar is Pete Townshend.

It's a mix of things. I'd say all my favorite guitarists are in there to an extent. As YLB said, Frusciante's there. I'm not really sure just how much of it is noticeable.

The first step will be recording demos on my crappy computer mic after the songs are written. Then, I'll go to my pianist friend who has some recording equipment, and I'll do better recordings, possibly with him playing some piano.

"Pianist" is one of those words that I have a hard time saying. You really have to tread lightly with that word.

That's cool to hear about your recording though, Pfan, hope it turns out well.

It's a mix of things. I'd say all my favorite guitarists are in there to an extent. As YLB said, Frusciante's there. I'm not really sure just how much of it is noticeable.

The first step will be recording demos on my crappy computer mic after the songs are written. Then, I'll go to my pianist friend who has some recording equipment, and I'll do better recordings, possibly with him playing some piano.

Cool.

As YLB said, "pianist guy" would be a hilarious, yet awkward pseudonym for this guy.

My main setback right now is that I'm not nearly as skilled at guitar writing as I am at lyric writing, so I have to tread carefully in my chord formations and whatnot. It's a bit of a slow process so far.

I do have a nice riff going from playing around with arpeggio chords the other day.

And with that, I'm out for a few hours.

I miss the days when everything I wrote was new for me. Now I keep checking to make sure I'm not stealing my own riffs.

:wave: See you, Pfan.

"Pianist" is one of those words that I have a hard time saying. You really have to tread lightly with that word.

That's cool to hear about your recording though, Pfan, hope it turns out well.

Hey, last night I fell asleep watching that little Hotel movie right before Darjeeling Limited....the rest of the movie's not like that is it? :yikes:

Hey, last night I fell asleep watching that little Hotel movie right before Darjeeling Limited....the rest of the movie's not like that is it? :yikes:

No, not at all. That's why it's separate from the rest of the film.

Did you ever watch 'Allo, 'Allo?

"You stupid woman!"

"I will say this only once!"

Though, yeah, it was a strange way to say hello to you all, moreso if anyone is not familiar with it. :hmm:

Can any of you also explain what QFT and YLB mean? I've tried for ages to see how you get YLB out of LMP. Is it a song? I'm one of those types who sit silently reading the acronym threads going 'yeah, it's all got me stumped, too'. But I never admmit it. Until now.
:shifty:

Can any of you also explain what QFT and YLB mean? I've tried for ages to see how you get YLB out of LMP. Is it a song? I'm one of those types who sit silently reading the acronym threads going 'yeah, it's all got me stumped, too'. But I never admmit it. Until now.
:shifty:

QFT = Quoted For Truth

YLB = You Little Bastard

You'll have to ask LMP how got the name You Little Bastard, because, though I can guess, I can't remember why specifically. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom