Wank, Bavaria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a fortunate exception to the general Irish rule about sunburn. I really don't get it, and when I do, I can't feel it. Maybe that's because I lack the soul to feel pain. I don't know.

My mother has eczema, usually she gets it on her hands if I have it right.

I'm half Irish and Half Native American, so I don't burn easily, at all. But I have eczema.

Life is sad in the winter and summer :lol:

The ban IS unconstitutional. The ruling is correct.

What we need is to change the Constitution.

Goddamnit, 5-4 too.

In much the same way as I'm currently blogging about legacy rail infrastructure, the second amendment is just legacy legislation that has no relevance to the 21st century. The world has moved on.

Every case in the Supreme Court is 5-4 in favor of the conservatives.

5 Conservative Judges
4 Liberal Judges

That's how it is right now.

My argument to every person who supported Hilary and now supports McCain is that three judge positions will be up for grabs in the next four years. Do you want them to be conservative?

I'm surprised you haven't edited any PT articles. That would seem as up your alley as U2. You're much less critical of them. :wink:

Nah, I'm not really interested in editing them. I don't know that much about the band - partly through intent, as I've gone off U2 the more I've become involved in the fandom. And I'm not a PT setlist expert. :wink:

Goddamnit, 5-4 too.

In much the same way as I'm currently blogging about legacy rail infrastructure, the second amendment is just legacy legislation that has no relevance to the 21st century. The world has moved on.

Try telling that to most people though. Nobody really seems to want to listen

Every case in the Supreme Court is 5-4 in favor of the conservatives.

5 Conservative Judges
4 Liberal Judges

That's how it is right now.

My argument to every person who supported Hilary and now supports McCain is that three judge positions will be up for grabs in the next four years. Do you want them to be conservative?

Your Supreme Court is that painfully polarised? No matter what the case, it'll rule along those lines? I can't say I follow it unless a big case like this arises. Never really had much interest in the judiciary anywhere.

Of the three positions up for grabs, how many are retiring conservatives and how many are retiring liberals?

I believe it's two retiring conservatives and one retiring liberal. Not sure, though. I can look it up.

Also, apparently U2's lead single is going to be called The Cedars of Lebanon?

Also, apparently U2's lead single is going to be called The Cedars of Lebanon?

No.

One of the new U2 songs will be The Cedars Of Lebanon. Who knows whether it will be a single or anything. The "lead single" part was a Google mistranslation.

I'm a bit disturbed that Obama reversed his position and supported the lifting of the ban, regardless of whether the ruling is correct or not.

Gotta pander to the South or something?

Your Supreme Court is that painfully polarised? No matter what the case, it'll rule along those lines? I can't say I follow it unless a big case like this arises. Never really had much interest in the judiciary anywhere.

Yeah, it pretty much ALWAYS ends up like that, just because of damn politics

I'm a bit disturbed that Obama reversed his position and supported the lifting of the ban, regardless of whether the ruling is correct or not.

There are things I'd like to say regarding this, but I don't want to alienate myself.

Apparently, but it's very dangerous to play that game.

He's never going to claim the South anyway, so what's the point in even trying? Might as well focus on the swing states and that's it.

Rather infuriating that the "winner-take-all" aspect of the electoral college system means that only a small handful of states effectively matter.

He's never going to claim the South anyway, so what's the point in even trying? Might as well focus on the swing states and that's it.

Rather infuriating that the "winner-take-all" aspect of the electoral college system means that only a small handful of states effectively matter.

There are two arguments for it:

1. It's incredibly difficult to campaign the entirety of America. If you know that there are only a select few states that matter, you can focus on them and have a much stronger campaign.

2. "We want power!" - States

Are they correct? No. Is it understandable? Yes.

There are two arguments for it:

1. It's incredibly difficult to campaign the entirety of America. If you know that there are only a select few states that matter, you can focus on them and have a much stronger campaign.

2. "We want power!" - States

Are they correct? No. Is it understandable? Yes.

I don't agree with the electoral college system in the first place, but if we have to live with it, I think it's thoroughly ridiculous that it's "winner-take-all". Just about any possible analysis you can do in political theory demonstrates it's the worst system for achieving representation that is actually fairly representative of the constituency. I don't see why it's not proportional, as I observed the Democrat (and some Republican?) primaries are. That would still satisfy your second point, and in all likelihood, you'd still end up with some form of #1. But a more representative form of #1.

One of my friends I graduated high school with is married :|

When did you graduate?

I graduated November 2004 and I've been stunned to learn some people I graduated with are already married or engaged. You're fuckin' 20 or 21! I'm glad none of them are close friends of mine (though admittedly one was a girl I seriously liked around grade 9-10; I actually became a debator partly because of her). My friends seem to not have much joy with love interests. Nor do I! :laugh:

I graduated in 2006....they've been engaged since that time as well.

The weird thing:

I've never met him. He's from Chicgao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom