Wank, Bavaria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*peers* I don't think so... if you can tell me what street(s) that is, I'll be able to say for sure. It doesn't look like the rail bridges that you can see the aquarium from, anyway.

Of course, having said all that, I'll probably be proven wrong now. :lol:

:laugh: I've only had the aquarium pointed out to me from the train, so down on ground level I'm a bit unsure of my bearings! The photo is taken looking southwest from the intersection of Flinders and Spencer.

P1180002sml.jpg

Oooh, that looks much better. :up:

:laugh: I've only had the aquarium pointed out to me from the train, so down on ground level I'm a bit unsure of my bearings! The photo is taken looking southwest from the intersection of Flinders and Spencer.

Nah, the aquarium wouldn't be visible there. It's on the intersection of Flinders and Kings Way.

Hey Daniel! :wave: I got distracted by exploding asteroids...

Nah, the aquarium wouldn't be visible there. It's on the intersection of Flinders and Kings Way.

Ahh, righto, thanks. Like I said - I've only had it pointed out to me from the train, and I wasn't paying attention to what roads we were passing over.

It must be on the spot of the old Fish Market then. (The beautiful building along Flinders that's routinely referred to as the Fish Market was actually the Corporation Market - general retailing.) :crack:

Real exploding asteroids would be cool.

As long as they don't get a bit too close to Earth.

It must be on the spot of the old Fish Market then. (The beautiful building along Flinders that's routinely referred to as the Fish Market was actually the Corporation Market - general retailing.) :crack:

Didn't you say Flinders St Station is on the old fish market? Or did the fish market go alllllll the way along Flinders?

Rather ironic if the aquarium is on the fish market site, though. :giggle:

Didn't you say Flinders St Station is on the old fish market? Or did the fish market go alllllll the way along Flinders?

Rather ironic if the aquarium is on the fish market site, though. :giggle:

No, there were two fish markets. The first was "under the clocks", 1865-92. Then the second fish market was between Spencer and King Streets 1892-1959, with the Corporation Market across the railway tracks, wedged between the viaduct and Flinders Street. The fish market actually still exists, on a third site out on Footscray Road.

:crack: :crack: :crack:

Fifa Manager 2008....you manage a Football team. I suck at managing :wink:

Just from reading about those games, I've never really got the appeal. I'd rather play one where you actually, you know, just play soccer rather than being the team manager.

Just from reading about those games, I've never really got the appeal. I'd rather play one where you actually, you know, just play soccer rather than being the team manager.

I enjoy playing both. I find it just as fun, setting the training, signing new players, all the other manager related things, and then setting/changing tactics live in matches....its fun and frustrating.

No, there were two fish markets. The first was "under the clocks", 1865-92. Then the second fish market was between Spencer and King Streets 1892-1959, with the Corporation Market across the railway tracks, wedged between the viaduct and Flinders Street. The fish market actually still exists, on a third site out on Footscray Road.

:crack: :crack: :crack:

:lol:

Well, the aquarium's on the... *thinks* south-east corner, kinda between the railway overpass beside Flinders st, King's way, and the Yarra. Sounds like it might be on the site of the Corporation market?

Well, the aquarium's on the... *thinks* south-east corner, kinda between the railway overpass beside Flinders st, King's way, and the Yarra. Sounds like it might be on the site of the Corporation market?

Hm, maybe it's across the road from the Fish Market?

Now I'm going to have to go down and have a look at the bloody thing, aren't I! :lol:

I enjoy playing both. I find it just as fun, setting the training, signing new players, all the other manager related things, and then setting/changing tactics live in matches....its fun and frustrating.

See, I think I'd prefer to manage the sort of things you get to manage in SimCity or Railroad Tycoon ... :wink:

I do miss being able to produce a hurricane to destroy a city....

although I can destroy the club by spending all their money :evil:

:laugh:

I always played with disasters off and built the most meticulous cities, but I must admit to sometimes saving the city then going nuts with disasters before closing without saving and reloading it all safe and well.

I would guess you're in for even more tram/train spotting/market identification...? :wink:

I've had quite enough of markets! But I'll be out there with the camera hunting trains and trams, for sure. I'd like to find more interesting things to photograph too. Landscapes and stuff. Definitely one of those times when I really wish I could drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom