Wank, Bavaria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait till you see Spawn of Demon 'Roo!

P9090022.jpg

:wink:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

A Siemens unit coming out of the City Loop at North Melbourne. See the destination board. What does it say? "Not in service". Ahh, Connex fuck-ups. This "not in service" train displayed it was "not in service" for its entire run in service to Craigieburn.
Melbournians will obviously either not notice this, or get on it anyway :wink:

I like the framing by the....well, the frame that holds up the electric stuff.

:laugh: The catenary. Yeah, that worked out quite well. I was lucky to get that shot - I wasn't aware the train was coming in until fairly late, and I was in a shit spot so I had to use a fair bit of zoom.

Here's a train going the other way out of Richmond:

s640x480

Melbournians will obviously either not notice this, or get on it anyway :wink:

Yep. I think myself and Fellow Albino Railfan, the two most blind people on the platform, are the only ones who noticed that it was displaying "not in service".

A Siemens unit coming out of the City Loop at North Melbourne. See the destination board. What does it say? "Not in service". Ahh, Connex fuck-ups. This "not in service" train displayed it was "not in service" for its entire run in service to Craigieburn.

s640x480

At least with buses you can tell the driver of the balls-up.

Once i've been picked up by a "Not in service - Sorry" bus that then did a u-turn to go and pick someone up, and once by a bus that hadn't changed the sign back over after doing the run to Botany.

Comeng EMU arriving at Gardiner on a run to Glen Waverley. Kind of meh, really. This was more just collecting a new location than anything else.

s640x480

At least with buses you can tell the driver of the balls-up.

Once i've been picked up by a "Not in service - Sorry" bus that then did a u-turn to go and pick someone up, and once by a bus that hadn't changed the sign back over after doing the run to Botany.

Yeah, same with the trams. I've seen people on a few occasions point out incorrect destinations to tram drivers. My favourite was when a tram driver just about got into an argument with a passenger - both of whom clearly did not speak English as their first language. The problem was, the display at the front end of the tram was correct. The passenger, however, had come up from behind, and the display at the rear of the tram was wrong. The driver didn't believe the passenger until he got out and checked for himself. :laugh:

I seem to have a weakness for photographing plants, especially if they're in flower... provided there aren't any obvious rocks about.

P9090041.jpg

Egg-and-bacon plant.

Three Emirates flights into Auckland a day. Not bad at all!

I remember a couple of years ago, I was looking up flights to Auckland for the U2 gig, and I was really surprised I could fly Emirates from Brisbane to Auckland. I figured it had to be a codeshare or something!

Here's a Comeng EMU about to cross Puckle Street and arrive at Moonee Ponds in the late afternoon. Hard to believe this is actually only 4:11pm. I got very used to daylight savings over summer!

s640x480

I was on a bus once, and the driver refused to accept a NZ 20c coin one passenger wanted to pay with. The poor bastard didn't have any other change on him, and the bloody power-tripping driver wouldn't let him on. I would have given the guy 20c, but he gave up too quick and went on his way.

If you can put it in a vending machine here and it works, it might as well be legal tender!

:madwife:

Here's a shock. NOT A RAIL PHOTO!

This is the view from the 10th floor of the Redmond Barry Building at Melbourne University, looking northwards over some of the sporting facilities towards Brunswick.

s640x480

I was on a bus once, and the driver refused to accept a NZ 20c coin one passenger wanted to pay with. The poor bastard didn't have any other change on him, and the bloody power-tripping driver wouldn't let him on. I would have given the guy 20c, but he gave up too quick and got off again.

If you can put it in a vending machine here and it works, it might as well be legal tender!

:madwife:

I didn't know anybody even looked closely enough at 20c pieces to know whether they were Kiwi or Aussie ones! I'd have no idea if I'm handing over a Kiwi or Aussie 5c, 10c, or 20c. Well, I would now that New Zealand's gone and changed its coin sizes and phased out the 5c, but five years ago I wouldn't have!

I love the verdant astroturf on the lower left, compared with the poor old footy field. :wink:

This makes the difference even more readily apparent. Looking more northwest, over Parkville to Royal Park. In a larger size, Ian would be able to spot the lighting towers and top of the grandstand of the hockey field at the State Netball and Hockey Centre in Royal Park.

s640x480

I didn't know anybody even looked closely enough at 20c pieces to know whether they were Kiwi or Aussie ones! I'd have no idea if I'm handing over a Kiwi or Aussie 5c, 10c, or 20c. Well, I would now that New Zealand's gone and changed its coin sizes and phased out the 5c, but five years ago I wouldn't have!

Have they changed it around now? I thought it all looked the same when I was in Auckland aiport last year... I see NZ coins in circulation here all the time. I guess I just notice these things... I used to have a bit of a coin collection when I was a kid.

I'm still bummed I never saved one of the old paper $5 notes. It had Caroline Chisolm on it, and not the bloody Queen. I'm not a raving republican or anything, but her mug's already on all the coins, she didn't need to be on the $5 note as well!

I remember a couple of years ago, I was looking up flights to Auckland for the U2 gig, and I was really surprised I could fly Emirates from Brisbane to Auckland. I figured it had to be a codeshare or something!

It's real Emirates! Probably about the same price, but with nicer food and better entertainment than any other airline doing it.

Seats are narrower though.

This makes the difference even more readily apparent. Looking more northwest, over Parkville to Royal Park. In a larger size, Ian would be able to spot the lighting towers and top of the grandstand of the hockey field at the State Netball and Hockey Centre in Royal Park.

s640x480

Hah, I knew that was a hockey field. Looks just like the one at Monash that I used to walk past every day, right down to the surrounding fence.

Here's more of Melbourne University's northern side, northern Parkville, and Brunswick.

s640x480

Have they changed it around now? I thought it all looked the same when I was in Auckland aiport last year... I see NZ coins in circulation here all the time. I guess I just notice these things... I used to have a bit of a coin collection when I was a kid.

I'm still bummed I never saved one of the old paper $5 notes. It had Caroline Chisolm on it, and not the bloody Queen. I'm not a raving republican or anything, but her mug's already on all the coins, she didn't need to be on the $5 note as well!

Yeah, it's all been changed, though the old stuff still seems to be floating around here!

The Kiwi $5 has Sir Edmund Hillary. I've made a point of keeping the one $5 Kiwi note I had in my possession back when he was alive.

And I really don't see why we need the Queen all over the bloody currency. Everybody else on our money has at least done something worthwhile.

Rather interesting architecture there!

:laugh: Yeah, I've got no idea what that building in the foreground is. I've never gone north of the Redmond Barry Building. Presumably it's either for sporting purposes or residential purposes, as that's all I believe is north of Redmond Barry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom