Wank, Bavaria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of storm debris, did you notice any after the alleged gale-force winds on Wednesday night, Ax? Cos I didn't. Apparently there were some trees/limbs down in some parts of Melbourne, but I guess we're in a sheltered spot.

Bonnie will have her chance for revenge... the Hawks are playing the Weagles at Subiaco in five or six weeks, I think.

They either have some sort of completely random fixture-generator at the AFL, or the whole thing's rigged and manipulated.

Wow, only 5 or 6 weeks? This year's draw really is stunningly daft.

By the way, are you free tomorrow? I was thinking of texting Bonnie to see if she's available to do anything before heading home.

I don't remember if i posted this or not - AirCalin A320.

6ea77589.jpg

I was mildly disappointed, i've been trying to catch their A330 for ages. Pointless amusing, relatively obvious fact - the only France registered plane i've ever photographed.

Speaking of storm debris, did you notice any after the alleged gale-force winds on Wednesday night, Ax? Cos I didn't. Apparently there were some trees/limbs down in some parts of Melbourne, but I guess we're in a sheltered spot.

Nope, though we didn't get much damage from the really major storms in early April either. I took some photos of it around Brunswick West and Royal Park, and this is the worst I saw, by Royal Park railway station:

s640x480

Though I will say, on Wednesday night, it was fucking scary walking home from the tram. It was a dark night and although it wasn't windy at street level, I could hear it whistling and shrieking overhead and rattling metal nearby. I was rather glad to get indoors.

Pointless amusing, relatively obvious fact - the only France registered plane i've ever photographed.

France are still allowed to fly planes into New Zealand? :wink:

Here's Z3 192 arriving at the Zoo stop, with the netball part of the State Netball and Hockey Centre just visible in the background.

s640x480

I saw one in the new livery the other day when i was at the vege store.

They have a new livery?

Wish Yarra Trams would get a new livery. Here's Z3 119 passing underneath the Upfield railway line.

s640x480

:laugh:

Zoo station!

:laugh: At Royal Park railway station (just behind where I took that picture), the station nameboards on both platforms have pictures of zoo creatures. I don't think I've any clear photos of it uploaded yet, though.

Z3s 135 and 150 meeting outside Royal Park railway station. 135, left, is running the 55; 150, right, is running the 00. This is my last 00 photo.

s640x480

Hey Ali, if we get around to visiting Royal Park for nerding around, this is one end of the railway cutting. The rock photos I showed you were taken pretty much from the bottom of the cutting below where this shot was taken from. There's a bike path beside the railway line and a seemingly little used walking path across the top.

s640x480

Oh, fuck you Fortune City.

That showed up for a long time! The one that's still showing is the new livery.

Differences are just a different shaped khangaroo, new font on the titles and i'm convinced a brighter shade of red.

By the way, are you free tomorrow? I was thinking of texting Bonnie to see if she's available to do anything before heading home.
Yep, no plans for tomorrow. Let me know if you guys are going to do something...

Though I will say, on Wednesday night, it was fucking scary walking home from the tram. It was a dark night and although it wasn't windy at street level, I could hear it whistling and shrieking overhead and rattling metal nearby. I was rather glad to get indoors.
Eek. When I got home, it was kinda the same thing... I could hear the wind roaring through the high-tension power cables near our place, and it was also making the most unnerving sounds, howling around our house.

Oh, fuck you Fortune City.

That showed up for a long time! The one that's still showing is the new livery.

Differences are just a different shaped khangaroo, new font on the titles and i'm convinced a brighter shade of red.

Ahh, OK. I figured the visible one was the new one, since the kangaroo looked different.

I rather like this photo of an Upfield-bound Comeng EMU arriving at Royal Park. Especially as a Z3 tram has snuck into the right hand side.

s640x480

I don't know why people need to change logos and "branding" around all the time... seems like spending a lot of money for no good reason. :shrug:

Although I guess it keeps the train/tram/plane spotters interested :wink:

Yep, no plans for tomorrow. Let me know if you guys are going to do something...

Righto, I'll send her a text. Any ideas of where to go? I'm tempted to suggest Royal Park. :laugh:

Eek. When I got home, it was kinda the same thing... I could hear the wind roaring through the high-tension power cables near our place, and it was also making the most unnerving sounds, howling around our house.

The worst part was, I nearly took out a cyclist! I just didn't see his little cycle light coming down the road (those things are bloody hard for me to spot). But I think he was braking anyway, since I had the cane and all.

And my lounge window was rattling away. I'm just glad I'm on the lower level; the windows upstairs would've been copping it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom