Wank, Bavaria Superthread - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-26-2008, 10:57 PM   #166
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,816
Local Time: 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
To a point, you're right about one thing. PFan has a very limited view of the musical landscape. But I challenge you to name one person here who DOESN'T.
Mr Brau.
















Come on, you know you chucked a bit.
__________________

__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 10:57 PM   #167
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,054
Local Time: 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
The outcome of this is that your posts seem belittling and insulting to the people you're addressing, even if you don't intend them to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Evidently, that's not how it came across. But whatever.
Aaaand there we have it. I agree with LM that the post does not come across that way. I even ventured into the thread to get the context of the discussion.
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 10:58 PM   #168
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,054
Local Time: 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Mr Brau.
















Come on, you know you chucked a bit.


To his credit, he did share with me the fucking awesomeness of Ride's Nowhere album.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 10:59 PM   #169
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Clearly not. Look, Justin, this is getting ridiculous. Stop. It seems that every debate you get into here just seems to further convince you that you somehow bear knowledge and wisdom others don't have and that you function on some other plane of existence to them. All that seems to do is cause you to act increasingly arrogant and condescending. I did not originally associate those words with you, but attitudes you have increasingly revealed lately fit them perfectly. The outcome of this is that your posts seem belittling and insulting to the people you're addressing, even if you don't intend them to be. Don't pretend you're the only victim here; don't let your perspective be that narrow.

To a point, you're right about one thing. PFan has a very limited view of the musical landscape. But I challenge you to name one person here who DOESN'T. Your view is very limited. My view is very limited. Ian's, LM's, LMP's, NSW's - they're all very limited. Who here has listened to even 2,000 albums in their life? Now, how many tens of thousands of albums are released every month? And remember, you aren't much older than PFan and can't really talk about these things. We all have a lot to learn and discover. Maybe you should keep that in mind. Context, man. It's all about the context. And the subjectivity (as much as I routinely forget that myself).
Why am I agreeing with you, Axver? This is getting ridiculous.

I think we're all fairly knowledgeable within our tastes though, which is the most important thing to me, as a music lover.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 11:00 PM   #170
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,816
Local Time: 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post


To his credit, he did share with me the fucking awesomeness of Ride's Nowhere album.
He's the only one on this board who cared about black people. Why did we have him banned again?



Oh yeah, the jackassery.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 11:01 PM   #171
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
He's the only one on this board who cared about black people. Why did we have him banned again?



Oh yeah, the jackassery.


Brau was a piece of work.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 11:02 PM   #172
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,816
Local Time: 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post


Brau was a piece of work.
His posts during the first DI will go down in interference history.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 11:02 PM   #173
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 04:17 AM
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 11:04 PM   #174
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,054
Local Time: 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
He's the only one on this board who cared about black people. Why did we have him banned again?



Oh yeah, the jackassery.
I think it was a rather telling commentary that he was the only person actually thinking about race to start with. Hell, I wouldn't have a clue of the race of over half the musicians making the music I own.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 11:07 PM   #175
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,816
Local Time: 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I think it was a rather telling commentary that he was the only person actually thinking about race to start with. Hell, I wouldn't have a clue of the race of over half the musicians making the music I own.
Honestly, the healthiest way to avoid racism is not by including everyone to help cover your own ass, but to genuinely not care in the first place. He fit more into column A, and I think he may have misinterpreted the concept of the game.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 11:07 PM   #176
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Clearly not. Look, Justin, this is getting ridiculous. Stop. It seems that every debate you get into here just seems to further convince you that you somehow bear knowledge and wisdom others don't have and that you function on some other plane of existence to them. All that seems to do is cause you to act increasingly arrogant and condescending. I did not originally associate those words with you, but attitudes you have increasingly revealed lately fit them perfectly. The outcome of this is that your posts seem belittling and insulting to the people you're addressing, even if you don't intend them to be. Don't pretend you're the only victim here; don't let your perspective be that narrow.

To a point, you're right about one thing. PFan has a very limited view of the musical landscape. But I challenge you to name one person here who DOESN'T. Your view is very limited. My view is very limited. Ian's, LM's, LMP's, NSW's - they're all very limited. Who here has listened to even 2,000 albums in their life? Now, how many tens of thousands of albums are released every month? And remember, you aren't much older than PFan and can't really talk about these things. We all have a lot to learn and discover. Maybe you should keep that in mind. Context, man. It's all about the context. And the subjectivity (as much as I routinely forget that myself).
Those things are true. I freely admit that and try to change that. I wasn't intending to belittle Pfan. I don't feel I insulted him though.

You missed the part where I said everyone needs to explore more. Everyone has a limited view but Pfan especially is just discovering so much of the musical landscape.
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 11:09 PM   #177
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Honestly, the healthiest way to avoid racism is not by including everyone to help cover your own ass, but to genuinely not care in the first place. He fit more into column A, and I think he may have misinterpreted the concept of the game.
That's such a white attitude.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 11:09 PM   #178
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,816
Local Time: 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
That's such a white attitude.
I'm trying to change, I swear.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 11:12 PM   #179
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 04:17 AM
Btw, Travis is awesome.




The band too.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 11:12 PM   #180
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 07:17 AM
Breathe people...

It seems like there is a small handful of people that simply don't know when to quit. It's not healthy to let a message board discussion get you so upset. If you feel like you are going in circles and not coming to any agreements why not just walk away for a while? What happened to agreeing to disagree? Everyone has different opinions and I realize that when it comes to music people are very opinionated but sometimes you just have to let it go for the sake of your own sanity. I dont really know what else to say about the situation.

Man I cant wait for U2's album to come out. Not.
__________________

__________________
Sicy is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com