Wangs, Switzerland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liam really likes REM, so I'm assuming he really likes it.

Then again, he probably hasn't heard any REM albums newer than Fables. :tsk:

You suck at music listening, Andrew. Early eighties REM is where it's at.

Document, actually.

And yes, it's a good song, but I'm not a fan of Document, so you're safe.

Document's a bit patchy I suppose. It still has some good stuff on it. Finest Worksong is a good opener.

Hurry up and get Green.

Then again, I'm not going to win any points with either of you on that front.

I suppose so. It's nowhere near the level of their first four albums?

Why? I heard that one was even worse.

True.

People are idiots. Orange Crush is one of my favourite REM songs, and I have a soft spot for Stand. Pop Song 89 is also good.

I really like Don't Dream It's Over. :shrug:

Together Alone is like that meets UF.

DDIO is from the self-titled debut album, which has more good songs of the same calibre and is my second-favourite Crowdies album, just a little behind Together Alone.

True.

People are idiots. Orange Crush is one of my favourite REM songs, and I have a soft spot for Stand. Pop Song 89 is also good.

Mayhaps. I think this is an interesting tidbit.

On the final night of the 11-month trek to support Green, the band performed the album in order, from start to finish. It marked the only live performance of "The Wrong Child," and one of the few live performances of "Hairshirt." Having spent close to a year touring, the band decided not to tour in support of their subsequent two albums.

Mayhaps. I think this is an interesting tidbit.

On the final night of the 11-month trek to support Green, the band performed the album in order, from start to finish. It marked the only live performance of "The Wrong Child," and one of the few live performances of "Hairshirt." Having spent close to a year touring, the band decided not to tour in support of their subsequent two albums.

Haha, I'm glad to know the album's two worst songs were barely played live.

Have any of the Crowded Houses albums been remastered yet?

To my knowledge, only the Split Enz ones have.

I'm honestly not sure if a remaster would offer the Crowdies albums all that much improvement.

To my knowledge, only the Split Enz ones have.

I'm honestly not sure if a remaster would offer the Crowdies albums all that much improvement.

I know I'd be headhunted here, but I would just like it to be a bit louder as if I wanted to put them in a mix, anything mastered before about 1997 is massively quieter than anything mastered after about 2000.

Bloodflowers is probably my favourite because it was the album that I first heard by The Cure. Maybe Someday was an amazing single.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom