Wanglik, Guangdong Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:hyper:
I'm still geeking out over the new X-Files movie. I wanna see that so damn bad! I'm hoping to go see it next weekend.
The Front Row is far too close for IMAX. I must see it again from further back. But having Heath Ledger's face five stories tall 10 feet in front of you is kind of a trip. Or Christian Bale so close you could touch...:drool: *cough* :shifty: I mean, erm, brilliant acting on all parts. :yes: That's what I meant...

I sat next to a kid who tried to dress up like The Joker, but he phailed epicly compared to the real thing. Scariest thing he did was try to laugh like the Joker when "the cute redhead" sat down next to him. So after I heard The Joker's laugh for the first time, I recorded it in my brain and laughed exactly like Heath when Michael Caine next cracked a joke. He didn't mess with me for the rest of the film.

I refuse to give anything away that's not in trailers, so don't even ask.

How do creatures fit in with the whole world-will-end-from-a-card-game thing?

They had this thing where when they summoned the creatures from the cards, there's be holographic projections of them that are meant to look real or something. The creatures protect your life, basically. 'Cause you have life point. And when those run down, you lose the game. But it got to where big plot crap was making it all END OF THE WORLDS~ if you lost and yeah. It got pretty dumb.

Also Serena, I would love to see some of your drawings sometime. Got any online?
I don't have any online, since I don't have a camera or a scanner. The only way I've really been able to show anyone who's wanted to see them is with my webcam in IM when there's enough light to make them visible enough.

They had this thing where when they summoned the creatures from the cards, there's be holographic projections of them that are meant to look real or something. The creatures protect your life, basically. 'Cause you have life point. And when those run down, you lose the game. But it got to where big plot crap was making it all END OF THE WORLDS~ if you lost and yeah. It got pretty dumb.

... I ... that's fucking dumb.

I don't have any online, since I don't have a camera or a scanner. The only way I've really been able to show anyone who's wanted to see them is with my webcam in IM when there's enough light to make them visible enough.
Speaking of, sign in, damn you.

... I ... that's fucking dumb.
:lmao:
That was my thought!

I only like certain anime shows, but for the most part, the only thing that interests me about them is the artwork and drawing style. I love to draw from all different kinds of anime whether or not I know who they are or watch it.

I sat next to a kid who tried to dress up like The Joker, but he phailed epicly compared to the real thing. Scariest thing he did was try to laugh like the Joker when "the cute redhead" sat down next to him. So after I heard The Joker's laugh for the first time, I recorded it in my brain and laughed exactly like Heath when Michael Caine next cracked a joke. He didn't mess with me for the rest of the film.

:laugh: Ha, go you.

For the record, I've never cared about it one way or another in the first place.
My Japanophile friend (sis, you know her as Ro) tried to get me into it. Her forcing it on me caused me to hate it. Plus most of it's fucking ridiculous.

My Japanophile friend (sis, you know her as Ro) tried to get me into it. Her forcing it on me caused me to hate it. Plus most of it's fucking ridiculous.

I've noticed its fans, at least in the West, have a tendency to be ... let's say, over the top.

I've noticed its fans, at least in the West, have a tendency to be ... let's say, over the top.
Over the top does not even begin to describe Ro's fascination with Japan.

Dude. Seriously.

The person I went out with tonight has a roommate that, in comparison, makes me look like a high living socialite. Absolutely no life, whatever. Obsessed with J-Pop stars and video games. In fact, her horrifying life (at the age of like 26!) encourages me to be successful, so I don't end up like her.

I haven't cared for it at all in the last five or so years. I've gone as far as to say that I think it's killing individuality in the world of modern animation. I can still respect a good Ghibli film, though.
yeah, everything, if it's not computer-animated, looks like a freakin' anime now. It sucks.

Sincerely wondering how long I'll stay awake.

Don't fall asleep halfway to the airport, or you may accidently veer down the wrong offramp and end up in Manurewa.

Or die. But ending up in Manurewa would be worse.

Dude. Seriously.

The person I went out with tonight has a roommate that, in comparison, makes me look like a high living socialite. Absolutely no life, whatever. Obsessed with J-Pop stars and video games. In fact, her horrifying life (at the age of like 26!) encourages me to be successful, so I don't end up like her.
That's because 99% of Western Civilisation tends to have nothing better to do...

Over the top does not even begin to describe Ro's fascination with Japan.

Dude. Seriously.

:yikes:

Dear god.

I must admit, I don't get this fascination with the Western perception of Japanese culture. Note "Western perception of". ZOMG THEYZ HAVE AMINES N HI-TECH SHITZ.

:yikes:

Dear god.

I must admit, I don't get this fascination with the Western perception of Japanese culture. Note "Western perception of". ZOMG THEYZ HAVE AMINES N HI-TECH SHITZ.
Ro never leaves the house. Ever. NO really, never. She's teaching herself Japanese and goes suicidal if one of her J-Rock bands comes to the states and she can't go see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom