Wanglik, Guangdong Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed! The last few times I have, I've only had fucking about on LJ or drunk IMs going on. I don't usually drink by myself, but I don't live with my brother so when the drinkin's over, ways are parted and I go home and piss about until I pass out. :lol:

I have different musical tastes than both of my siblings. I love older rock. My brother likes the newer stuff and my sister is into hip hop and country. :huh: No common ground there. Our humour's pretty much all the same though, which makes for some hilarious get togethers.

I have a bad tendency to get drunk alone. I don't do it as much as I used to, but see - I personally think that I happen to be good company, so yeah. :uhoh: The first time I got drunk (as a teenager), I was home alone, drinking port. At least I learned some lessons that night. But you can still get your kicks alone, as long as you don't overdo it. And I personally prefer to get stoned alone than with people. Stoned people are boring.

My tastes are eclectic, I listen to a lot of stuff from the last century, which coincides with my brother, who listens mainly to music from the 1910s-1960s. My sister is more into modern stuff, however. She's the one who got me into U2, though.

Ten pages in an hour at this time of the morning.
My sis HAD to be here, :lol:

Mine too! Probably because of the colour blue!

Though I like Fire types a lot as well.

...I still have my cards, too. True sign of a pack rat. I haven't looked at them in years but they are put up somewhere.

I am still a lame ass who has an Original, English 1st Edition Holographic Charizard which was my pride and joy in my collection. Though I believe I have about 3 or 4 different, holographic Dragonites too..

I was mainly an ice and water type lover, but there were other certain Pokemon I really loved, like Marowak. :love:

My least favourite pokemon was Flareon. :grumpy: Just because of the slight rivalry with Vaporeon. I liked Jolteon, cause I got the Jungle holo card of him in my first ever pack.

I still have all my cards stuck in some big box, but the rare ones were in folders. I don't know if they're worth anything now, though. But I'm definitely going to keep my first Vaporeon holo!

Haha, only one kid at my school had a holo Charizard from the original set. He accidentally put it through the washing machine. :lol:

I have a bad tendency to get drunk alone. I don't do it as much as I used to, but see - I personally think that I happen to be good company, so yeah. :uhoh: The first time I got drunk (as a teenager), I was home alone, drinking port. At least I learned some lessons that night. But you can still get your kicks alone, as long as you don't overdo it. And I personally prefer to get stoned alone than with people. Stoned people are boring.

My tastes are eclectic, I listen to a lot of stuff from the last century, which coincides with my brother, who listens mainly to music from the 1910s-1960s. My sister is more into modern stuff, however. She's the one who got me into U2, though.
I have done it a few times but I tend to want to be around others when I drink. Odd, considering I hate being around when I'm sober and I'd prefer to sit around by myself. So I don't do it too often. The first time I ever got drunk, I about got my toe broken 'cause my friend was horsing around and tripped, landing on my foot and my toe got smashed. Nice first drunk. :doh:

My dad's the one who got me into U2. My parents were the types to play music entirely too loud, so no matter where you were in the house (or even in the backyard!), you heard it. He tended to turn U2's stuff up loud when it'd come on the radio and that was how I got into them. I could go into how I tried to hug the telly when I was 4 but I think I'll leave that particular bit of that story out. :laugh:

Watch out, she'll probably catch your post count in a few days. :lol:
I know. :grumpy: It's the only time I've ever had a postcount higher than her.
Zen: To quote George Harrysong: All Things Must Pass.

I was mainly an ice and water type lover, but there were other certain Pokemon I really loved, like Marowak. :love:

My least favourite pokemon was Flareon. :grumpy: Just because of the slight rivalry with Vaporeon. I liked Jolteon, cause I got the Jungle holo card of him in my first ever pack.

I still have all my cards stuck in some big box, but the rare ones were in folders. I don't know if they're worth anything now, though. But I'm definitely going to keep my first Vaporeon holo!

Haha, only one kid at my school had a holo Charizard from the original set. He accidentally put it through the washing machine. :lol:
Marowak was adorable! Though I think I adored Charmander a bit too much!

I didn't like Flareon much either. Jolteon was really cool! :hyper: I can't remember what my first holo was. Probably something retarded as hell. When I finally quit, I had stacks of holos.

Yeah, I have all of those, all of my DBZ cards and some Magic the Gathering cards somewhere or another too.

THAT HAPPENED TO SOMEONE I KNEW ONCE TOO. I had that particular copy at one time, before it had happened. And I traded it off for a Holo Fossil Dragonite and it got put through the wash! It somehow made it's way back to me and I think I still have it somewhere. It's not a 1st edition one like my favourite one but it was the first one I had.

I have done it a few times but I tend to want to be around others when I drink. Odd, considering I hate being around when I'm sober and I'd prefer to sit around by myself. So I don't do it too often. The first time I ever got drunk, I about got my toe broken 'cause my friend was horsing around and tripped, landing on my foot and my toe got smashed. Nice first drunk. :doh:

My dad's the one who got me into U2. My parents were the types to play music entirely too loud, so no matter where you were in the house (or even in the backyard!), you heard it. He tended to turn U2's stuff up loud when it'd come on the radio and that was how I got into them. I could go into how I tried to hug the telly when I was 4 but I think I'll leave that particular bit of that story out. :laugh:

:lol: Oh dear! Well, at least you were at an age to treat yourself then, I imagine. The first time I got drunk, I was two. :reject: Accident, of course...

My mum and dad mainly listened to stuff from the 70s, and when they were raising us kids they sort of ignored music from the 80s. So I wasn't exposed to U2 that much, but once I got into them when I was about 12, I could recognise a lot of their songs, as you'd imagine. Dad listened to a lot of Bowie when I was growing up, so a lot of that is significant to me.

Marowak was adorable! Though I think I adored Charmander a bit too much!

I didn't like Flareon much either. Jolteon was really cool! :hyper: I can't remember what my first holo was. Probably something retarded as hell. When I finally quit, I had stacks of holos.

Yeah, I have all of those, all of my DBZ cards and some Magic the Gathering cards somewhere or another too.

THAT HAPPENED TO SOMEONE I KNEW ONCE TOO. I had that particular copy at one time, before it had happened. And I traded it off for a Holo Fossil Dragonite and it got put through the wash! It somehow made it's way back to me and I think I still have it somewhere. It's not a 1st edition one like my favourite one but it was the first one I had.

The first card I ever saw in a pack was Jungle Cubone, and I fell in love with it. :cute:

Yes, I only quit in like early 2003, to be honest. That's sort of embarrassing. I was right into the Pokemans. But it was the only series, I collected - I loved DBZ comics and the show, but the cards never attracted me that much.

:lol: Oh, that's kind of sad, but amusing it happened to someone else. I remember my mate's little brother tore up his Vaporeon card and we got really sad about it.

:lol: Oh dear! Well, at least you were at an age to treat yourself then, I imagine. The first time I got drunk, I was two. :reject: Accident, of course...

My mum and dad mainly listened to stuff from the 70s, and when they were raising us kids they sort of ignored music from the 80s. So I wasn't exposed to U2 that much, but once I got into them when I was about 12, I could recognise a lot of their songs, as you'd imagine. Dad listened to a lot of Bowie when I was growing up, so a lot of that is significant to me.
I was 19 going on 20. It's only been a little over a year. Still not sure how my tolerance is rather high. :hmm:

My parents don't even like the same music that they used to. My dad turned into a country freak and my mum listens to the same crap that my brother does.
I feel like I'm the only one with decent music taste in the family. :tsk:

Am I the only person who didn't care for Dragonball Zed? Also, I remember Digimon. That was shithouse.

Am I the only person who didn't care for Dragonball Zed? Also, I remember Digimon. That was shithouse.
The only thing I liked for Dragonball Z was a spoof website a friend showed me.

The first card I ever saw in a pack was Jungle Cubone, and I fell in love with it. :cute:

Yes, I only quit in like early 2003, to be honest. That's sort of embarrassing. I was right into the Pokemans. But it was the only series, I collected - I loved DBZ comics and the show, but the cards never attracted me that much.

:lol: Oh, that's kind of sad, but amusing it happened to someone else. I remember my mate's little brother tore up his Vaporeon card and we got really sad about it.
The first card I ever had was a bellsprout or whatever it's called. Go figure. I hate that Pokemon.

I quit around then too. I stopped being so heavy into it around 2001 though, because that was when I got into DBZ really heavy and started collecting the cards (just for Vegeta but I accumulated an impressive collection over time.) and I still have those, too. I had YuGiOh cards at one point around that particular time, too. I still have the deck that I used when I was 14 but I stopped messing with them a long time ago though.

Aww! The things kids do.

Nah, I knew a lot of people that didn't like it. I didn't like it at first, either - but it caught me in. I actually got into it again a couple of years ago, finishing off the manga collection. Yeah, that's a little sad. But the story is actually pretty neat, really! And Akira Toriyama's artwork isn't all typical anime either, it was more Western inspired.

Digimon, oh I hated that at first, but... yes, I dug that for a while, too. Not for long, though. But there were a few Digimon that I still think had pretty cool character designs.

It has significant memories for me because of my grandma. See, most of the stuff I drew was from DBZ, so no matter how much I outgrew it, it'll be that kind of thing that I can look back on and have fond memories of.

And yes, I remember Digimon too. I was into that for a while as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom