Wanglik, Guangdong Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
**note to australian government**

Dear Bonnie,

The differing social contexts between the Netherlands and Australia means that the reverse would be true here. See alco-pops.

Sincerely,
K-Rudd

---

Dear Bonnie,

You are an un-Australian menace to our wholesome society.

Regards,
John Winston Howard

I'm hoping to score a Kiwi pinot noir, but we'll see. Part of the problem is that shiraz is grown so much more in Australia, so you'll find these bottle-os with shitloads of shiraz and then not all too much in the way of other red varieties. And I love pinot noir! It's probably my favourite type of wine, though the Kumeu River Estate pinot noir we had the Curry Vault was perhaps not as dry as I prefer. My father echoed my thoughts when I told him, too.

Ahh, right. Any brand in particular that you recommend? Or recommend that I avoid?

Hah, even I've noticed that. Occasionally I'll have a brief look through the wine aisles (often to buy something for other people), and shiraz tends to be the majority. Not knowing too much of a difference, I just go with the shiraz...

I'm no vodka expert. I rarely drink it, hell - like I said I had that bottle lying around for close to a year. I say just get whatever. Mia seems to know more about vodka than I do.

Probably just a drunk memory lapse. Like how I don't remember actually making it to bed and then I wake up the next morning wondering if I walked it myself or if someone had to carry my drunk arse there.

Oh, yeah, I don't remember going into the bathroom at all. But I managed to figure out WHY I did everything I did expect for that one peculiar detail.

Dear Bonnie,

The differing social contexts between the Netherlands and Australia means that the reverse would be true here. See alco-pops.

Sincerely,
K-Rudd

---

Dear Bonnie,

You are an un-Australian menace to our wholesome society.

Regards,
John Winston Howard

:lmao:

The accuracy is killing me!

Hah, even I've noticed that. Occasionally I'll have a brief look through the wine aisles (often to buy something for other people), and shiraz tends to be the majority. Not knowing too much of a difference, I just go with the shiraz...

I'm no vodka expert. I rarely drink it, hell - like I said I had that bottle lying around for close to a year. I say just get whatever. Mia seems to know more about vodka than I do.

I'm not a huge fan of shiraz, but I certainly will drink it. I tend to have it when other people buy it, though, rather than buying it for myself. If I'm getting red, I have a strong tendency towards pinot noir.

Ah, righto. Yeah, I might just look at their range. Probably won't actually get any tomorrow as I'm not that flush with actual cash and there's no ATM near me. I'd enough to pick up a bottle or two of wine and that's it.

Oh, yeah, I don't remember going into the bathroom at all. But I managed to figure out WHY I did everything I did expect for that one peculiar detail.
:lol:
I've had a few nights like those! Drunk LJ comments, playing one of my video games, saying some really retarded crap (I have a tendency to be overly-emotional when I drink, which proves as amusing since I don't like to show emotion when I'm sober. :laugh:) and of course, putting things where I don't remember having them. There was one morning I got up and my games were all lying on the bedroom floor, out of their normal spot with their respective systems. :huh:

:uhoh: damn you caught us

:wink: then explain my purity score EH?

Err ... you're uh ... lazy? From all that marijuana smoke in the air? So you just haven't gotten around to losing any more purity points. You're happy to just sit there and stare at the floor as it talks to you.

Yeah, I've done that more than a few times and it fails hardcore. I can't stand being the only one drinking unless I've got something to occupy myself with.

Haha, yeah. My siblings are both a lot different when compared to me. So we definitely have our issues but they can be great fun when they're not being too unbearable.

Thanks! Me too. The last thing I want is to have a horrid birthday. :lol:

Yeah, seriously! All I had the last couple times was the superthread. And TV. But that's still not that great, for real. Though it can be better company than some people...

Nice. My siblings are both sort of similar to me to some extent, at least in humour - and I think that's the main thing with us. So that's good enough. Our musical tastes change, though there is always some common ground. We've never had too much of a problem.

I'm sure you'll have a seriously awesome birthday, don't worry!

:lol:
I've had a few nights like those! Drunk LJ comments, playing one of my video games, saying some really retarded crap (I have a tendency to be overly-emotional when I drink, which proves as amusing since I don't like to show emotion when I'm sober. :laugh:) and of course, putting things where I don't remember having them. There was one morning I got up and my games were all lying on the bedroom floor, out of their normal spot with their respective systems. :huh:

:laugh: It seems that when I'm drunk, I just stay pretty damn nerdy and become even more happy to say "fuck you" in friendly jest.

That one's my favourite of the Eevee evolutions.
I tend to be very partial to the Dragons and the Legendary Birds...like Articuno ftw!

I remember when I got that first holographic Articuno card when I was like 11 and everyone was super jealous! :love:

Water and Ice types were always my favourites.

Err ... you're uh ... lazy? From all that marijuana smoke in the air? So you just haven't gotten around to losing any more purity points. You're happy to just sit there and stare at the floor as it talks to you.

:hmm: sounds fair..

Dragonite was a great one too Serena :yes:

Yeah, seriously! All I had the last couple times was the superthread. And TV. But that's still not that great, for real. Though it can be better company than some people...

Nice. My siblings are both sort of similar to me to some extent, at least in humour - and I think that's the main thing with us. So that's good enough. Our musical tastes change, though there is always some common ground. We've never had too much of a problem.

I'm sure you'll have a seriously awesome birthday, don't worry!
Agreed! The last few times I have, I've only had fucking about on LJ or drunk IMs going on. I don't usually drink by myself, but I don't live with my brother so when the drinkin's over, ways are parted and I go home and piss about until I pass out. :lol:

I have different musical tastes than both of my siblings. I love older rock. My brother likes the newer stuff and my sister is into hip hop and country. :huh: No common ground there. Our humour's pretty much all the same though, which makes for some hilarious get togethers.

I had a JAPANESE Jolteon Jungle holo, got it for an exeggcute cause the kid thought it was worthless.. :lmao: you don't wanna KNOW what people wanted to give me for it...

:wink: I still have it!

I don't know how many people saw it last night, or how many people have dial-up right now, but here's my ultimate U2 comic I made last night.

specialentertainingmentpt7.gif

I had a JAPANESE Jolteon Jungle holo, got it for an exeggcute cause the kid thought it was worthless.. :lmao: you don't wanna KNOW what people wanted to give me for it...

:wink: I still have it!

:love: Kids were so lame when it came to trading stuff!

I have a Japanese holo Entei, can't remember the series it was from, first Entei appearance I think. Can't remember if it was first edition or not.

Also a Japanese promo Charizard I honestly spent too much on.

:laugh: It seems that when I'm drunk, I just stay pretty damn nerdy and become even more happy to say "fuck you" in friendly jest.
I stay pretty much the same when I get drunk except that I am more free with emotions and I will not hold back on telling someone exactly what I think. Whether that's good or bad just depends on the occasion. :lol:

I remember when I got that first holographic Articuno card when I was like 11 and everyone was super jealous! :love:

Water and Ice types were always my favourites.
Mine too! Probably because of the colour blue!

Though I like Fire types a lot as well.

...I still have my cards, too. True sign of a pack rat. I haven't looked at them in years but they are put up somewhere.

I am still a lame ass who has an Original, English 1st Edition Holographic Charizard which was my pride and joy in my collection. Though I believe I have about 3 or 4 different, holographic Dragonites too..

I don't know how many people saw it last night, or how many people have dial-up right now, but here's my ultimate U2 comic I made last night.

Just as funny the second time around. :lmao:

I love the little "oh for fuck's sake".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom