Wanglik, Guangdong Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: you really spend lots of time photographing trains eh? nice!

:laugh: Surprisingly, I've done precious little these holidays. Partly because Fellow Albino Railfan's been up in Port Macquarie, but she's back now, so I imagine a couple of photographic expeditions may be in store before uni recommences.

Here's the third and final photo I uploaded of the S class engines on the flyover, just as they were returning. I'm quite fond of the S class. 50 years old and still going strong.

s640x480

THIS IS NOT A MELBOURNE OR A KIWI TRAIN! :ohmy:

Took this one while I was in Sydney to see Porcupine Tree. It's an R set at Sydney Central.

s640x480

Keeping with the Sydney theme, here's the rather aesthetically similar C set.

Double-decker trains in Sydney too. Once tried in Melbourne, but with little success and quickly discarded.

s640x480

you also have loads of different trains :hmm:

Yeah, fair bit of diversity on Melbourne's tracks. You've got multiple types of commuter trains spanning several decades (since nobody here ever thinks to order LOTS of trains at once, it's always just a few whenever the politicians feel they need to look like they're doing something), same for the regional expresses, and if you're lucky, freight trains show up. It's pretty good.

Finally getting down to business

That is a cool looking plane, for sure.

One last one, for laughs.

IMG_2114.jpg

It's clear I was mildly excited to see this plane.

Incidentally, this plane does Melbourne - Auckland - Los Angeles. Hope I can catch it in good light before it gets yanked off the route in November.

The Tangara (or whatever they are!) trains in Sydney at are much better to look at.

For sure. Yeah, it's Tangara, or T sets. Note one at the far platform in the picture you quoted. :wink:

Unfortunately, the couple of photos I did get specifically of Tangaras turned out shit. Had very little time for photography. I was going to hang around Sydney Central and photograph trains for an hour before the PT gig, but my plane was an hour late, so there went that idea.

It's clear I was mildly excited to see this plane.

Incidentally, this plane does Melbourne - Auckland - Los Angeles. Hope I can catch it in good light before it gets yanked off the route in November.

No, GG2 and I never would've guessed.

How come it's being taken off the route in November?

For sure. Yeah, it's Tangara, or T sets. Note one at the far platform in the picture you quoted. :wink:

Unfortunately, the couple of photos I did get specifically of Tangaras turned out shit. Had very little time for photography. I was going to hang around Sydney Central and photograph trains for an hour before the PT gig, but my plane was an hour late, so there went that idea.

Incidentally, one of the things that forever hooked me onto flying was seeing one of those from the air flying into Sydney once.

Impossible to logically explain, but seeing and recognising shit from the air was so cool!

How come it's being taken off the route in November?

Basically it only does MEL-AKL-LAX now because the 747 that normally does the route is used elsewhere several days a week because of the delay in A380 deliveries. Since Qantas will have 2 or 3 A380s by November, the A330 to LA will be replaced full time by the 747 again.

Although as Qantas get more A330s delivered they'll begin to replace 767s, which are regular planes in Auckland, and thus we should begin to see even more A330s.

Incidentally, one of the things that forever hooked me onto flying was seeing one of those from the air flying into Sydney once.

Impossible to logically explain, but seeing and recognising shit from the air was so cool!

Hah, cool. I've had fun on the northern approach into Wellington spotting shit in the rail yards. Not that I can do it very well, but since I know what I'm looking for, I'm not too bad either.

Basically it only does MEL-AKL-LAX now because the 747 that normally does the route is used elsewhere several days a week because of the delay in A380 deliveries. Since Qantas will have 2 or 3 A380s by November, the A330 to LA will be replaced full time by the 747 again.

Although as Qantas get more A330s delivered they'll begin to replace 767s, which are regular planes in Auckland, and thus we should begin to see even more A330s.

Ahh, right. I didn't realise the 767s were already up for replacement.

oh dear, are you two having a dork off :nerd:

Are you shocked? :wink:

I like to call the 767 the rat of the sky.

[Pic snip]

Different light conditions aside, it isn't really a contest, is it?

Hah, yeah, the A330 is a more attractive plane. Though why the dislike for the 767?

:love: CIN!

:lol: can we talk something else than trains or planes now?

:lol::lol: yeah cause I'm soooo interesting. . .

I just got home from the regular friday night dinner thing and my sister was there with her 2 kiddies :hug:
She's a medical transcriber and I was showing her my chill blainy fingers and she noticed that one of my hands is freakishly larger than the other and is a different colour :ohmy: I've never noticed before and now she's put weird thoughts into my head. .. . . . stupid bloody amateur doctors :mad:

Wheee, trams. From right to left: SW6 896 in traditional green and cream, an unidentified W in City Circle livery, and A2 227. The City Circle tram is actually stopped and SW6 896 is moving towards it, about to change tracks so that it can follow A2 227.

s640x480

Ahh, right. I didn't realise the 767s were already up for replacement.

The fact that the A330 kicks the shit out of the 767 in nearly every category is probably a big factor, plus Qantas are getting the A330s on the cheap as compensation for the A380 delays.

You just aren't going to get a 767 to fly Auckland - LA nonstop unless you decide to leave cargo and passengers behind, whereas you can with an A330.

The thing that amuses me about Airbus is that sometimes the planes sell well off the bat, but then Boeing come up with a replacement and yet the Airbus still sells on an equal pace with the Boeing equivalent, but other times the Airbus model won't be popular for years, when all of a sudden it becomes hot property, and matches the newer Boeing plane (again!) in terms of $$$$$$ and performance.

true, ah but that's not a big prob for me...

maybe she lost internet connection?

For four days? That'd be a pretty bad Internet failure. I think the worst I've ever had my Internet go down for is 36 hours.

See, I figured she was just busy or hadn't felt like popping into the Superthreads, but now that you've mentioned she hasn't been on Interference or MSN either, I'm a bit worried too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom