Wanglik, Guangdong Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so how is everyone? :wave:

I'm pretty good! Yourself?

By the way, what may I call you? I know some folks know you as GG, but that's Steph/GibsonGirl to me, and I try to avoid using the same name for multiple people. Like with our three Daniels, who I know as Daniel (b_m2002), Danny (COBL_04), and Dan/PFan.

I can't see them ever dumping the Koru.

If this was a possible option, I'd volunteer to pay for it myself:

phpvqdMN6.jpg

That's pretty sweet, I must say.

I'd like to see them bring in some more designs based on Maori artwork, to augment the koru. I love that sort of stuff.

Hmm. How about making the wings retractable to fit in the railway loading gauge, but useful should I ever want to go elsewhere?

Oh, what's Airbus doing? Rail or road?

You could even use a straight portion of the track to take off. No landing fees!

Airbus are doing road and boat, might even be some rail in there, and naturally, air. There's a great documentary around where they try to get an A380 fuselage section through a little French village at 1am.

:ohmy: you've been there???
I'm pretty good! Yourself?

By the way, what may I call you? I know some folks know you as GG, but that's Steph/GibsonGirl to me, and I try to avoid using the same name for multiple people. Like with our three Daniels, who I know as Daniel (b_m2002), Danny (COBL_04), and Dan/PFan.

I"m good :grumpy: except that I woke up due to some friggin jehova's whitnesses at my door! :madwife: Gtfo!

the same problem is in PLEBA, Greeneyedgirl, so I got the nickname of GG2 :wink: you can call me that..

Here comes the finger of dooooooooom!

s640x480

(So I was bored waiting for a train to show up.)

You could even use a straight portion of the track to take off. No landing fees!

Airbus are doing road and boat, might even be some rail in there, and naturally, air. There's a great documentary around where they try to get an A380 fuselage section through a little French village at 1am.

Sweet! I'm sure I wouldn't have any problems landing on that world's longest stretch of straight track out in the Nullarbor Plain!

Ahh, right. Haha, that must be pretty neat.

I"m good :grumpy: except that I woke up due to some friggin jehova's whitnesses at my door! :madwife: Gtfo!

the same problem is in PLEBA, Greeneyedgirl, so I got the nickname of GG2 :wink: you can call me that..

Send them to me. I keep waiting for some JWs or Mormons to show up so that I can confuse them with my knowledge of really big theological words and really complex academic concepts. It'd be good for a laugh to take the piss out of both of them AND academia at the same time.

Ha, righto. If I can have a nerd moment here, that just makes me think of the GG1, a prolific class of electric locomotives run by the former Pennsylvania Railroad that are stunningly droolworthy in their technical and performance details, and oddly attractive in their quirky appearance.

myea, an old maths teacher of me once invited some jehovas in his house, he had studied their book and took out ALL contradictions and asked them about that... :lmao: they ran out of his house crying!

myea, an old maths teacher of me once invited some jehovas in his house, he had studied their book and took out ALL contradictions and asked them about that... :lmao: they ran out of his house crying!

Hahaha, that's awesome.

You ever watched Black Books? There's this hysterical scene where Bernard is trying to avoid doing his taxes and some JWs come to the door and he invites them in. They're stunned and when he sits them down and asks them to begin their spiel, they look at each other and remark that they'd never actually thought they'd get this far and have no idea what to do! :lol:

:hmm: never heard of that show.. :lol: it sounds nice, and I DO wonder if they ever succeed.. cause, really, everyone hates them...
a couple of old classmates of mine were JW's.. they're now party animals, no contact with family, one lives with her boyfriend or so... :shrug: ah, if you've grown up all sheltered, I can understand it..

Wheee, zoomed in on Dynon Yard. Taking these photos is always a gamble because I, uh, can't see far enough to know what to photograph. From looking at my photos on the computer at home, I now have a general idea of what's usually where.

s640x480

:hmm: never heard of that show.. :lol: it sounds nice, and I DO wonder if they ever succeed.. cause, really, everyone hates them...
a couple of old classmates of mine were JW's.. they're now party animals, no contact with family, one lives with her boyfriend or so... :shrug: ah, if you've grown up all sheltered, I can understand it..

It's a great British comedy, it has both Dylan Moran and Bill Bailey in it. Classic stuff; Dylan Moran plays Bernard Black, a grumpy drunk of a bookshop owner who hates pretty much everyone - but in this case, he hates his taxes more so he welcomes the JWs with open arms! :laugh:

Yeah, I've heard about those who leave pretty much get barred from their family. I knew a Mormon who was a similar way. A few Mormons were at my high school, which was kind of weird since it was a non-denominational Protestant high school where Mormonism generally wasn't viewed favourably by the half of the school that actually gave a damn about religion. One of them left in grade 11 to be a permanent missionary in Auckland. I always found that hilarious. Not Africa! Not the Middle East! Not some impoverished Pacific atoll! AUCKLAND!

But Ian, if you ever see one of the most stunningly attractive and articulate girls in the world working as a Mormon missionary sort, ask her if her name's Freya ...

Interesting
fascinating planes combined with bugger all in the way of fences and public property really close to the runway.

Exhibit A

0607873.jpg

true, I went there as a kid with my dad a lot to watch planes.. :wink: some smart guy has a stall there with food and drinks..

Actually, I tell a lie. Here's some birds that managed to stay put.

IMG_2056.jpg

Shame I'm a inch too tall or two inches too short for this photo to work!

Hah, cool. Though in case you were wondering, yes, your knees do in fact bend.

It's a great British comedy, it has both Dylan Moran and Bill Bailey in it. Classic stuff; Dylan Moran plays Bernard Black, a grumpy drunk of a bookshop owner who hates pretty much everyone - but in this case, he hates his taxes more so he welcomes the JWs with open arms! :laugh:

Yeah, I've heard about those who leave pretty much get barred from their family. I knew a Mormon who was a similar way. A few Mormons were at my high school, which was kind of weird since it was a non-denominational Protestant high school where Mormonism generally wasn't viewed favourably by the half of the school that actually gave a damn about religion. One of them left in grade 11 to be a permanent missionary in Auckland. I always found that hilarious. Not Africa! Not the Middle East! Not some impoverished Pacific atoll! AUCKLAND!

But Ian, if you ever see one of the most stunningly attractive and articulate girls in the world working as a Mormon missionary sort, ask her if her name's Freya ...

:hmm: now there's an interesting location to be a missionary... I don't think I've ever seen a mormon in my life...

Oh, GG2, at the supermarket today, I picked up some Dutch edam cheese rather cheaply. It looks good, and I hope it tastes good. Should go well with the pinot noir I intend to buy tomorrow and consume during the rugby.

I'll be sure to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom