Wanglik, Guangdong Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I was told to post my score on the purity test in this thread, so like a good Canadian, I'm here to report. I'm 38% corrupt.

The purity test is spreading? :ohmy:

And 38% corrupt means ... 62% pure, so welcome to the masterlist.

U2democrat: 95%
major_panic: 94%
phillyfan26: 84%
bono_212, COBL_04, coolian2, Lemonchick, unico: 83%
LemonMelon: 82%
jobob: 79%
Alisaura: 77%
LemonMacPhisto: 73%
JanuaryStar: 72%
GibsonGirl: 71%
Serena Vox: 70%
Axver: 69%
partygirlvox: 68%
Pearl: 67%
dianepm: 63%
bono_man2002, RegularBonoFan, Thora: 62%
The Sad Punk: 60%
corianderstem: 56%
blueeyedgirl, indra, Lila64, TranceEnding: 55%
RavenBlue: 54%
Zootlesque: 53%
No Spoken Words: 52%
DreamOutLoud13, liamcool: 50%
Its Britastic!: 48%
Eazy-V: 43%
KhanadaRhodes: 41%
BoMac, phanan: 40%
elevated_u2_fan: 38%
Angela Harlem: 34%
cinnaminson, the tourist: 33%
gluey, LarryMullen's POPAngel: 28%
Dalton: 25%
Varitek: 23%
RedRocksU2: 19%
mysterious_jen: 17%
hardyharhar: 14%

:scream: Oh Noez!! Burger King is burning down in Central Auckland!!!

:hmm: Wonder if they'll have a fire sale of flame grilled burgers? Smokey bacon?

All I can think of is "mmm, free lunch".

Pfft. Fire was contained in the kitchen. Sprinklers took care of most of it. Firemen are spreading sand now. :eyebrow:

They've just pulled out people trapped on the third floor, via cherry picker.

Cherry picker is such a stupid name :giggle:

Trapped? I bet it's more "those bastards are stealing OUR food!" :wink:

:laugh:

PFan :giggle: Love the Avi and sig....

What's behind this 'why so serious' stuff?? :reject:

I'm going to skip the swapping back and forth in shock about your lack of knowledge and assume you know nothing:

The sequel to Batman Begins is called The Dark Knight, and is being released ... well, actually just started 2.5 hours ago. The villain in this sequel is The Joker, played by the late Heath Ledger. Everyone's "Why So Serious?" stuff and drawn in red and black photos (like mine) reference his character. The movie's the most anticipated single film of the past few years.

What's behind this 'why so serious' stuff?? :reject:
It's the Joker's tagline for the new Batman movie:

whysoseriousav2.jpg

Of course, Serious Cat had to get in on it:

Serious-Cat-Joker.jpg

The movie's the most anticipated single film of the past few years.
Is it bad that I have very little interest in the movie? I couldn't get through more than 15 minutes of Batman Begins before getting bored and changing the channel. I love Heath Ledger (RIP :sad: ) and maybe this one'll be better, but unlike the rest of the world (aside from Gluey, it seems), I'm not rushing out, salivating, to see it :shrug:

I have to go shopping. :madspit:

See you folk in a bit. :wave:
Where 'shopping' is code for sexing up his albino railfan girlfriend :shh:

Batman Begins is one of the best films I've seen, and this is supposed to be an upgrade from that.

Judging a film based on the first fifteen minutes isn't exactly a great way to rate a film, either.

Batman Begins is one of the best films I've seen, and this is supposed to be an upgrade from that.

Judging a film based on the first fifteen minutes isn't exactly a great way to rate a film, either.
Yeah yeah, I know. I'll probably eventually watch both of them, I just can't be arsed about it right now.

I think part of my problem is that I actually liked Batman Forever (and to a slightly lesser extent) Batman & Robin.

I'm going to skip the swapping back and forth in shock about your lack of knowledge and assume you know nothing:

The sequel to Batman Begins is called The Dark Knight, and is being released ... well, actually just started 2.5 hours ago. The villain in this sequel is The Joker, played by the late Heath Ledger. Everyone's "Why So Serious?" stuff and drawn in red and black photos (like mine) reference his character. The movie's the most anticipated single film of the past few years.

:reject: Oh the shame. It all makes sense now. To be honest I haven't actually noticed any advertising for it around here which is why I haven't clicked on. I got the joker pics etc but not the tag line.....thanks for not rejecting my lack of knowledge totally :giggle:

Yeah yeah, I know. I'll probably eventually watch both of them, I just can't be arsed about it right now.

I think part of my problem is that I actually liked Batman Forever (and to a slightly lesser extent) Batman & Robin.

I've never seen either of those two.

:giggle: I remember watching the repeats of the original Batman series on TV when I was little.....Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na BATMAN!!!

And I remember at the age of about 13 wearing my Batman t-shirt with pride to the movies to see Batman.....god that seems like YEARS ago....(well it WAS about 19yrs ago :reject: )

God I feel so old.

Haven't seen any of the other movies though. Don't know why. I think it could have something to do with Mr G not being interested. I DO want to see this one though...

Just stopping by to say...

WTF
I was young and impressionable? I like campy gay things? I don't know what other excuses I can come up with. Back in the 90s, we watched what movies HBO gave to us... and we watched them over and over again, because we only had one movie channel. There are a ton of horrible movies from the late 80s-mid 90s that I love simply because I watched them over and over, when there was nothing else to watch.

And Batman Forever had a fucking awesome soundtrack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom