Wanglik, Guangdong Superthread - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2008, 09:52 AM   #556
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:15 AM
GG2, just got a text from Ali. She says she's alive and was thinking of doing some catching up here, but it's later than she thought and she's tired. I sent back that it's Friday night and she should live on the (nerdy) edge a little by posting.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-18-2008, 10:10 AM   #557
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
The purity test is spreading?

And 38% corrupt means ... 62% pure, so welcome to the masterlist.
This is a very late response, but I was sleeping, and you guys go thru threads like mad!

I mostly hang out at the Temple Bar, and the test has been mentioned a few times over there.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:15 AM   #558
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thora View Post
This is a very late response, but I was sleeping, and you guys go thru threads like mad!

I mostly hang out at the Temple Bar, and the test has been mentioned a few times over there.
Yeah, it's been fairly quick in here lately. I suppose some of us being on holidays has really helped that. Alas, next week is my last week off before semester 2 begins.

Ah, right. Well, I'm sure the masterlist can handle you Temple Bar folk too.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-18-2008, 10:23 AM   #559
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:45 AM
hey wankers
Old 07-18-2008, 10:33 AM   #560
Vocal parasite

Evening, Bonnie!

Far too quiet right now. Has GG2 drowned in her lime smoothie or something?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-18-2008, 10:37 AM   #561
Blue Crack Addict

I hope not!

I just did some good drinking on the town.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:40 AM   #562
Vocal parasite

Ooh, drunkposting time then?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-18-2008, 10:43 AM   #563
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 04:15 PM
Quote:
I've been drunk three times, twice on here! I hold alcohol extremely well though, so in the past I've often drunk enough to make others drunk but me barely even tipsy. I grew up on wine, thanks to Dad being a wine connossieur.

To my knowledge, only one of my offline friends has done drugs of any sort, and I'm just simply not interested. I despise smoking, since it 1. reeks and 2. gives me asthma, so I've never tried it for myself and tend to actively avoid smoky areas. I hate that my walk to university from the tram passes the Royal Melbourne Hospital, since smoking's banned inside and all the smokers congregate out on the footpath.

Shall I pre-emptively knock your purity score down a point then?

You could come back here and stonedpost! Vazza's done it once, and Bonnie says she will someday soon.

damn you, you sound like me!!! My dad is a wine nerd too, so I grew up with sips of wine, at 12 I got little glasses of wine only at special occasions tho..

I hate smoking too cause I get asthma! tho most guys I've fallen for sofar are smokers.. ah well..
my friend just called, we're gonna make a spacecake in the future, he makes a damn great chocolate cake so I'll be looking forward!
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 07-18-2008, 10:44 AM   #564
Galeonbroad

Great to hear ALi's fine.. have ya asked her why the eff she hasn't been online in days????
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 07-18-2008, 10:46 AM   #565
Galeonbroad

and it took so long cause I actually tried to peel the limes like oranges... goddamn little buggers are TOUGH I ended up peeling one and the rest I just used the juice and whatever else I could squeeze out
my smoothie:
two bananas, one apple, a portion of cherries, portion of strawberries, three limes..
vanilla yoghurt, peach yoghurt and vanilla ice cream..

it's good!
Old 07-18-2008, 10:47 AM   #566
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
damn you, you sound like me!!! My dad is a wine nerd too, so I grew up with sips of wine, at 12 I got little glasses of wine only at special occasions tho..

I hate smoking too cause I get asthma! tho most guys I've fallen for sofar are smokers.. ah well..
my friend just called, we're gonna make a spacecake in the future, he makes a damn great chocolate cake so I'll be looking forward!
I was always surrounded by wine. When I was little, my father would take me to wine and food festivals, and some of his friends ran vineyards so we helped with the harvest on at least one occasion that I remember and quite probably more times. By the age of seven, I could tell you the variety, vintage, and vineyard of my favourite wine! Dad's wine tasting team went on to win the New Zealand championships one year and he's now starting his own vineyard.

See, for me, smoking is such a total turnoff that if some woman I were interested in smoked, I'd lose interest immediately.

And I have no idea what a spacecake is.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-18-2008, 10:48 AM   #567
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Ooh, drunkposting time then?
I dunno if I'll have another drink, but there's potential there!
Old 07-18-2008, 10:48 AM   #568
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Great to hear ALi's fine.. have ya asked her why the eff she hasn't been online in days????
Yeah, she said she was busy and trying not to be too addicted to the Internet. She also said she'll probably be back tomorrow.

Quote:
and it took so long cause I actually tried to peel the limes like oranges... goddamn little buggers are TOUGH I ended up peeling one and the rest I just used the juice and whatever else I could squeeze out
my smoothie:
two bananas, one apple, a portion of cherries, portion of strawberries, three limes..
vanilla yoghurt, peach yoghurt and vanilla ice cream..

it's good!
Glad you didn't drown then!

And I told you to send me one! That sounds thoroughly delicious.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-18-2008, 10:49 AM   #569
Blue Crack Addict

Also this is kind of weird, but my taxi driver, we talked a lot, and he actually seemed interested in me, and to be honest, I him. We exchanged numbers. He's an Indian guy around the same age as me.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:50 AM   #570
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
I dunno if I'll have another drink, but there's potential there!
Planning on drunkposting or stonedposting tomorrow? I've got to go out tomorrow and pick up some wine for tomorrow night. Probably pinot noir, as I'm told it'll go well with the cheese I bought (Dutch edam).

By the way, you once described shoegazer in some way that referenced floppy hair and elephants or something like that and it was just awesome. Do you remember it, perchance?

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread